IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UK Car Park Management ltd(Gladsone Solicitors)

Comments

• Thanks for the reply,

Judging by their last letter that i have put on, will the next one be court proceedings and going off your response is it worth me arguing any further, or would it be better just to pay, as obviously i have dealt with it wrong.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Guys_Dad wrote: »
    I fear that your letter to Gladstones will simply indicate that you are copying from the internet parrot fashion with no real knowledge about what you have written. Could indicate to them an easy win in court.

Come back when they have taken it further for specific help. Too mush wrong with what you have done so far to waste time correcting it.

I think you are right GD but at least Gladstones will
    know the OP is getting help

As far as "parrot fashion", surely Gladstones invented
    that one with the rubbish they come out with
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Gazza_1967 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply,

Judging by their last letter that i have put on, will the next one be court proceedings and going off your response is it worth me arguing any further, or would it be better just to pay, as obviously i have dealt with it wrong.

You know better than that, paying a scammer only supports
    them scamming other people and you don't want that.

They well may try court but they have to follow the new
    procedure to the letter

As you will see many times on here, Gladstones are
    highly incompetent, the courts know this, the courts do
    not like their time being wasted and that sums up Gladstones

Let a judge decide, if you hear further come back here
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Noone ever said pay up. Why do posters keep jumping to that conclusion?!?!

Your LBA response was wrong, but so what? It doesnt mean they will win, it doesnt make your defence weaker, etc.

Now, get your head into the NEWBIES thread, on the FIRST PAGE of this forum, and start reading. You MUST understand that GS are a factory, applying NO THOUGHT TO ANYTHING, and a claim will likely have followed anyway, regardless of what you sent them. With preparation we help people win against GS over 90% of the time.
  • I also received a PCN from these cowboys at the same site. The LA got involved following complaints from members of the public & additional signage went up to the entrance of the car park around the 28th October. Myself and others are using this as an admission of guilt by UKCPM so mention this in your response.
  • I have lost the photographic evidence of the car being parked up and was considering sending them a letter, asking for a copy and any other relevant evidence.
    do you think this would be the correct way to move on, as i am thinking it would delay things further and i will need the photographs as proof to challenge them, if it goes to court.

Thanks.
  • I’d get all the information from them. I know of 2 people who have been to court this week for this car park & the judge struck both claims out.
  • I have now received a letter from the County Court Business Centre,
    with the claim form enclosed.
    I am going to disagree with the claim and return the forms, but i am not sure what else to do regarding gathering evidence to contest the claim.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    So when you got your head into the newbies thread, as told, you should have seen you DO NOT return "the forms"

You go online
    You acknowledge the claim and NOTHING MORE. Do NOT contest jurisdiction unless you live outside england and wales

Then go back to the newbies thread and read up on defences. READ, not skim.
  • Thanks for the reply, as i am quite new to this forum, where is the newbies thread, sorry for being a pain.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure