Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Comments

• whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sorry that you had such a rotten load of experiences with *that girl* lambyr.

Why don't you text back, stating: unintentionally broke her ankle during hockey. She wasn't too nice to me at school. How is she these days?

Gives her the possibility of having changed.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    For anyone who wants to vote, Martin's guide is quite common sensical without amping up the anxiety:

http://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2016/06/05/how-to-vote-in-the-eu-referendum/?_ga=1.81162967.1590182468.1430397652

I have a postal vote so I have already sent mine back.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    whitewing wrote: »

Glad you swapped a swine for a Swain.
    I love that to pieces!!!
    "Swop a swine for a Swain!"

:T :T :T

For anyone who wants to vote, Martin's guide is quite common sensical without amping up the anxiety:

http://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2016/06/05/how-to-vote-in-the-eu-referendum/?_ga=1.81162967.1590182468.1430397652

I have a postal vote so I have already sent mine back.
    What a coincidence! I have just read it!

Yes it's very good indeed!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Afternoon my Lovelys,

We have been lucky and had two lovely days of sun shine.

Yesterday afternoon was spent with Lego Man. We went to a local garden centre. He has only lived in the area for years and never been. We wandered around looked at the animals and plants and sheds :rotfl: then went to the cafe and we bought 2 x bottles of coke and 2 x pieces of cake. I was £11.25 lighter :eek: Then we had icecream and that was over a £5 for a two little scoops each.

Last night struggled with lodger to put a gazebo I have. Its been in the shed for like 10 years. And the shed has leaked and had rodents in it so thought it might have to be chucked away. But nope got it up and looks good. Even put my solar powered led lights up in it :D

Cheque arrived this morning and safely in the bank this afternoon. Still finding it hard to believe. A bit like lego man. Seen him 3 times in a week and half and this week and next he is on nights as well.

Handshakes and hugs and squishes to all. WaS glad you are starting to feel a bit better.

And special shout out to Izzy she knows why, well done :T Keep at it girl. And had the best night sleep in a couple of weeks last night. its been so hot had to put a fan on at night!!!!

Well time for me to go and do something no idea what yet :rotfl:

Everyone take care. And if you have sun shine please be careful and don't get burnt.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • Pyxis
    So there you are, I now have a lovely internal picture of us all being plants, growing together like climbing roses up a fence, all beautifully intertwined, with lovely flowers suddenly enabled to blossom. (How about a picture, Pycturexis?)

Drawn a bit of a blank there, JM. Loads of pics of one type of flower, mostly roses, or clematis, but no suitable ones of different types of flowers intermingling.
    I particularly wanted different flowers, to illustrate the variety of peops on here.

I'll try to think of different search words to put in.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• Lambyr
    Lambyr Posts: 437 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Sorry that you had such a rotten load of experiences with *that girl* lambyr.

Why don't you text back, stating: unintentionally broke her ankle during hockey. She wasn't too nice to me at school. How is she these days?

Gives her the possibility of having changed.

Thanks. Apparently some other choice words were uttered about me, so I am pretty sure she's not really changed... or possibly the actual history is different in her mind, so that I am/was the sole antagonist.

I don't know but I know really I shouldn't care either if she's still holding a grudge. I'm not proud or happy that I hurt her but I just don't feel bad about it, which I know makes me sound bad.

It's not really related but I did think it was a little on the silly side that people such as myself who were on the hockey team (and I've got a bunch of medals somewhere!) were forced to play against non-team players in PE. I get the exercise argument but if you're on the team and therefore proficient in the sport, you know more about how dangerous it can actually be so you have better situational awareness to avoid taking a ball to the boobs or stick to the jaw. We also hit the ball a lot harder because we had more stick control and better accuracy, and I have an early school-year birthday too so even disregarding my height, I was physically stronger than more than half the girls in my year too.

It's quite a dangerous sport all in all. Pretty much every match, whether it was in PE or in an actual game, someone was getting a ball somewhere painful and it's really easy to twist a muscle awkwardly or something.
    She would always like to say,
    Why change the past when you can own this day?
  • Pyxis
    edited 9 June 2016 at 7:41PM
    Lambyr..........

Girl A....someone who gave you a hard time at school.
    Remember that persistent bullies are jealous of an attribute/some attributes you have. That's why they keep belittling you.

Plus, they themselves have low self-esteem, but in their case, to raise their self-esteem, they belittle someone else.

People like that, and especially people who grow up not realising and feeling sorry for what they have done, are actually to be pitied.

So pity her. You are by far the better person, in all sorts of ways. :A

Girl B..........is someone who, because she was dogging you at hockey, and got in the way, got her ankle broken.

Those two girls are actually two different girls, IYSWIM.

So, please, please, don't ever combine the two facts in one sentence. Especially to someone else. Otherwise the two facts will become intertwined and the wrong conclusions brought.

:D Do you know what would be the best thing to do? Feign ignorance of who she is. That's because to forget about someone is the ultimate proof that they meant nothing to you!
    If she knows that you haven't forgotten the bullying, then she still has power over you.
    If she knows that you remember her very well without prompting, then she still has power over you.

Something to consider, anyway! :D
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Lambyr
    Lambyr Posts: 437 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Thanks Pyxis.

I hadn't really thought about her for years until today. Don't really think about school much to be honest. The odd thought about things E and I used to do, or a couple of other things with other friends aside... maybe if the stuff with her hadn't happened I'd look back on it differently, but school just ended up being somewhere I went for 12 or whatever years cos somebody said I had to. All the things I deem important I learned outside of school by myself because I wanted to, not cos someone decided for me it was important to know the anatomy of a plant, or what happens when you eat uranium (we seriously got told that...).

But I get you... combining the two things - girl picks on me, girl gets ankle broken, does make it sound deliberate on my part. I'm not a violent person though, even if I did do kickboxing but that was purely for learning how to defend myself.
    She would always like to say,
    Why change the past when you can own this day?
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,682 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Thursday night is training night.
    Tonight we were planning our display for the fun day.
    Gitdog will in theory be demonstrating food manners and off lead recall. Or, more likely, will be demonstrating either the fine art of sunbathing, or randomly jumping on passing dogs heads.

I think I need my faculties examining. :eek:
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Pyxis
    elsien wrote: »
    Thursday night is training night.
    Tonight we were planning our display for the fun day.
    Gitdog will in theory be demonstrating food manners and off lead recall. Or, more likely, will be demonstrating either the fine art of sunbathing, or randomly jumping on passing dogs heads.

I think I need my faculties examining. :eek:

Aw! He's only just back from holiday camp! :D

He's still in bucket and spade mode!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure