Changing Benefits from Post Office To Bank Account

kylekd
kylekd Posts: 8 Forumite
edited 22 January 2012 at 4:37PM in Benefits & tax credits
Does anyone know how long benefit payments take to clear after being transferred to bank account , ive recieved a letter to say that one of my benefits is going to be started to be paid by direct payment on the 23/01/2012 , does this take time to clear or will it clear automatically , this is the date it would normally be paid into my Post office account.There is nothing showing on my internet banking as being setup yet?

Comments

• I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    For people to advise

(a) What benefit are you on?

(b) What Bank are you with?
  • kylekd
    kylekd Posts: 8 Forumite
    I_luv_cats wrote: »
    For people to advise

(a) What benefit are you on?

(b) What Bank are you with?

Various benefits for all off family , income support , Carers allowance (this is the one the letter came from), dla for my son , and tax credits.

bank is lloyds tsb.
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,948 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    i know DLA is paid on a wednesday ... mine is in my bank and available on the same day
  • dla is paid on different days for different claimants,as for bank payments if they are due on eg monday they will be in the account and cleared on the same day
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,948 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    whether weekly or monthly ... all DLA is paid on a wednesday....and is available the same day
  • richard9991
    richard9991 Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    kylekd wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long benefit payments take to clear after being transferred to bank account , ive recieved a letter to say that one of my benefits is going to be started to be paid by direct payment on the 23/01/2012 , does this take time to clear or will it clear automatically , this is the date it would normally be paid into my Post office account.There is nothing showing on my internet banking as being setup yet?
    nothing will show on your account that it is set up it will just show a credit when it clears lloyds tsb hould show about 11pm tonight
  • nannytone wrote: »
    whether weekly or monthly ... all DLA is paid on a wednesday....and is available the same day

i dont think all DLA payments are on a wednesday - my mothers gets paid monthly on a tuesday.
  • richard9991
    richard9991 Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    spingoblin wrote: »
    i dont think all DLA payments are on a wednesday - my mothers gets paid monthly on a tuesday.
    All dla payments are wednesday but some banks make them available on tuesdays
  • Peanuckle
    Peanuckle Posts: 481 Forumite
    My letters from DLA always state payment is made 4 weekly on a Tuesday
  • My dla is a Tuesday to x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business