Dancing in the Rain

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    A half day off today so I could pursue of my health and wellbeing goal of buying new trainers.

I met my goal and got sports socks too so excuses have gone! :T

GAP had a sale. I got 2 skirts at half price and sports gear that was priced at £90 for £30. I am very pleased with all my purchases. I bought some sunblock cream for my face. It was not cheap! I paid 3 for 2 as I use it all the time. I spent a small fortune today but they were all good purchases. :)

I went to join the gym but I didn’t sign on the dotted line. I wanted to check a gym near to me first. I did, but their off-peak membership, although £10 cheaper, is less value overall due to restricted off peak hours. :( I feel so resistant to spending so much money on gym membership. However, this cannot wait until I am debt free. I am trying to stave off a long term health condition so I need to take action. There are many ways to improve fitness I know and hopefully after the year is up and my fitness has improved I can begin to find another way, but at this stage the gym despite the cost is probably the way forward.

This DF journey is making me so money conscious. I get nervous now when spending large amounts especially reoccurring large amounts of money :eek:

On the bright side the private classes I will be taking will pay for the gym membership until I am debt free and after that the membership will become less of a financial burden

I hope your day went well reader
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Isn't it really odd how scary spending becomes. Even existing commitments make me nervous.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • doingitanyway
    Yesterday I struggled in the heat so I am very glad to be staying home today. :)

I told my class about the structure of the private classes and they seem very happy. I haven’t done anything like this before and I am starting to get a little nervous. I have said I will begin the classes in September.

Clothes washing done and out to dry done x2. Washing up done x2.

A (Christmas) organic turkey (£35 reduced to £3.50!) sectioned and the carcass turning into stock for soup. I am making a turkey and lentil curry to have with cauliflower rice. I have been running very low on protein and I have been eating badly AGAIN so hoping this will get me back on track. So lots of turkey and veggies and turkey salads :)

At the risk of boring myself and you, I am planning to join the gym in a few weeks when I am back from a short trip away. My target for attendance will be 4 days a week. I spoke to a friend about my fear of spending so much money and she said, health comes first. It does.

I achieved my weekly health and wellbeing goal by buying my trainers :)

I achieved my treat of the week goal by meeting a friend for a gallery trip and lunch (I used a lunch voucher) :)

I have 3 goals to carry over as they were not achieved :(

I still need to open a bank account for my emergency savings.
    I still eat my frog of the week by identifying a new tradesman and get a quote for work on the house
    I still need to write and send letters to organisations

I am not thrilled with my achievement but it is good to know what I should be working on for future success and 2/5 is better than 0/5

I have been hot and tired and I made poor food choices this week, but I made it to Friday and you did too. Roll on the weekend :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    I ate my weekly frog just in time for it to be ticked off my weekly list :T I called for a new handyman to come to put up a few things. He comes from an organisation but I will ask him if he might work privately if we can agree a price. I will also ask him to look at a few jobs to see what I should prioritise. I will also pick his brains for tradesmen he uses for his own home. I have met him before and get a good vibe from him.

So now I have met 3/5 of my weekly progress list. A bit better :)

My emergency fund is now £350 :T

Lots of soup and lots of fresh stock now in the freezer :)

A good (if a little too hot) day

My working week ends tomorrow :)

Enjoy your weekend everyone :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Well done on eating that frog DIA. Good tradesmen are so difficult to find.

Fantastic news about the emergency fund. It's nice when it starts to build isn't it?

Have a fantastic weekend and look after yourself.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,183 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Well done on eating that frog DIA. Good tradesmen are so difficult to find.

Fantastic news about the emergency fund. It's nice when it starts to build isn't it?

Have a fantastic weekend and look after yourself.

Echoed by me :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    Thanks for the positive vibes guys :)

I ate a frog today. It wasn’t a frog of the week it was a frog of the year. My niece had a setback and nearly died (again). It made me realise life is short and getting shorter so I called my sister who I have not spoken to for years. There are difficult family dynamics so I was not sure I would be well received, but I was :)

I bought my ticket for my trip to Oxford. It will be an expensive trip because although my breakfast is paid for, other meals are not. I plan on taking fruit and nuts for lunch, drinking lots of water and giving myself a budget of £10 a day

I treated myself to a paper today. I used to feel deprived when I first gave this up as a weekly treat. Now I buy a paper every few months and then only when I spend £7.10 in Waitr0se and then the paper is free :)

Tomorrow I am making:

A sweet potato and red onion tortilla

Tahini and lemon sauce

Roast turkey breast wrapped in bacon with veggies from the freezer and tahini lemon sauce

I am hoping for a cooler day tomorrow as I am still struggling with this heat

I hope your day went well reader

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Well done for eating that frog. It's not easy to step up with family issues but you did it. :T

I agree with the heat thing. I'm beginning to think it's an age thing. ;) well for me anyway.

Tahini lemon sauce. I've never eaten tahini (don't know what it is really) but lemon....:drool: your menus make me feel so slobbish. The tortilla sounds nice.

Have a good day tomorrow.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,183 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    So glad that you ate that frog :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,875 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Heroic frog busting - so glad to hear things were easier than you thought, I hope things will stay better :)

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills