Vodafone Retention Deals

Comments

• t3d
    t3d Posts: 22 Forumite
    Hi Kay
    I've emailed you too - look forward to hearing from you too!
  • jd87
    jd87 Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm looking to upgrade. It's two months before the contract ends so I'm not really in a position to ask to leave and speak to retentions, but I'm still a bit disappointed with what I'm being offered. They're basically just offering me the same deals new customers get. I thought there was supposed be at least a small "loyalty discount" of 10% or something?

I've been offered Nokia 5800, £25pm, 18m contract, 300mins, unlim txt and internet.

That seems to be basically a new customer deal. Should I be expecting better? I did ask about the iPhone but they couldn't offer me anything reasonable, even for the old iPhone 3G, unless I was prepared to sign up for 24 months.
  • bazzab
    bazzab Posts: 158 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    jd87 wrote: »
    I'm looking to upgrade. It's two months before the contract ends so I'm not really in a position to ask to leave and speak to retentions, but I'm still a bit disappointed with what I'm being offered. They're basically just offering me the same deals new customers get. I thought there was supposed be at least a small "loyalty discount" of 10% or something?

I've been offered Nokia 5800, £25pm, 18m contract, 300mins, unlim txt and internet.

That seems to be basically a new customer deal. Should I be expecting better? I did ask about the iPhone but they couldn't offer me anything reasonable, even for the old iPhone 3G, unless I was prepared to sign up for 24 months.

You probably could get better if you were prepared to threaten to leave, but even then they're likely to be not too bothered the way they are operating right now.

And no, they WILL NOT negotiate over iphone contracts....Apple have their hands tied.
    October Comp Wins -Stella Artois Challice (FB)
  • three1ne
    three1ne Posts: 152 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Anyone been able to get a decent mid range phone like the 6700 or similar on a 12 month deal as an upgrade? I can upgrade from tomorrow but dont really care for anything too fancy (only cause im a poor student though).
  • clb776
    clb776 Posts: 647 Forumite
    I find vodafone to give very poor upgrade offers. I did manage to get a quite good deal today...600 mins, unlimited texts, free samsung tocco ultra, £20 a month, 24 months tho (wouldnt budge on this!!!)

However, did want to charge me £33 for phone, but I said I wasnt paying it, orange were offering me a similar deal with the free phone and free delivery. I got the 'contribution' wavered but they charged me £4.95 delivery. Did this as would save the hassle of changing numbers, credit check etc.

Considering would be a new customer to orange (and their upgrade offers can be very rewarding!) I find vodafones offers quite disapointing!
  • I have just been offered Blackberry Bold 9700, £30 month, for 300 mins, unlimited texts, mobile internet and blackberry service, for 18 months, with a 310 charge for the phone !

What do you think ?
  • fiish
    fiish Posts: 815 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    You can buy a SIM free BlackBerry Bold 9700 from DeviceWire for £380 delivered. There's no point locking yourself in for 18 months for what is essentially a £70 subsidy from them on a Vodafone-branded device. Vodafone should do better than this.
  • Good2go wrote: »
    I have just been offered Blackberry Bold 9700, £30 month, for 300 mins, unlimited texts, mobile internet and blackberry service, for 18 months, with a 310 charge for the phone !

What do you think ?

mobiles.co.uk are offering the 9700 with 900 mins, 500 texts and unlimited internet on a 24 month contract for £25 p/m. You have to pay £50 for the fone, but going through Quidco you'll get about £55 (if i remember correct). So the phone will be like its free.
  • Good2go wrote: »
    I have just been offered Blackberry Bold 9700, £30 month, for 300 mins, unlimited texts, mobile internet and blackberry service, for 18 months, with a 310 charge for the phone !

What do you think ?

Ive been offered similar deal with £43 for the phone.
  • chilly9876 wrote: »
    mobiles.co.uk are offering the 9700 with 900 mins, 500 texts and unlimited internet on a 24 month contract for £25 p/m. You have to pay £50 for the fone, but going through Quidco you'll get about £55 (if i remember correct). So the phone will be like its free.

I am still trying to get a decent upgrade from Vodafone. I'ts nearly a month now since I set the ball rolling with e-mails to VF quoting WRT135.

In my last post to them I pasted extracts of folk on here getting decent deals and a print screen from mobiles.co.uk who were offering phones at far better rates than VF retentions. That e-mail got the usual "respond within 48 hrs" message and nothing since.

I've been very busy this past week so I'm now going to start the process again.

The thing that annoys me most is that it would appear you can get better VF deals (mobiles.co.uk) than going through VF retentions.

One question though, if I request my PAC code from VF can I then go onto mobiles.co.uk and get a new vodafone contract there. I've heard you can only retain your number if you transfer networks, is that correct.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback