The Wedding Fund

Comments

• ceb1995 wrote: »
    Best of luck with your saving goals :) We get married a month before so are also saving at the moment. Shawls wise, I've bought one on Am@zon for a fiver for a wedding last year and the quality was brilliant, so could be worth looking on there.

Congrats :)

Amazon is a good shout! I was looking in some shops yesterday and they were about £20 each so a little pricey really. I will definitely check out amazon :)
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • More spends today on the wedding front - in the form of table decorations. I've purchased two large wooden rustic lanterns and seven smaller ones to go in the centre of wedding tables (large ones for top table). They'll look fantastic in the home too so although it ended up being a big spend we've got stuff that'll last us years.

Cost was £133 (I've allocated £250 of my budget for decorations so well within here!)
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Hi Laura,

Have to be honest and not read the thread completely from start to finish, but Ebay is an excellent shout for odds and sods. We even managed to find a sign to park outside the venue for people to follow when they arrived, cost around £10-15 inc postage!

Scoured charity shops to find old vinyl records for our table centrepieces (we named them after Queen albums - I'm guilty of that!)

Good luck with the saving! :D
  • the post by jamesetzel61 is :spam:

spam button pressed.
  • I wish spammers would stop posting on this thread!!

Anyway more wedding spends to report - we have invitations, rsvps and table numbers sorted. All within budget. It'll be interesting to see what the balance will look like at the end of the month. Hopefully, even with the depends it'll still be in target :)
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 February 2017 at 10:36AM
    :beer::j:D

Well done. It is so complicated. It's gonna be a great day though and you will never forget it.

I wasn't sure but now i am pressing spam on all of them. Thank you bodalicious.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 February 2017 at 6:20PM
    Spam post above by heatherbaer86? I have pressed spam button can other people too? thank you.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Weekend was productive! Suits are sorted and deposit is down.

Balance is now £2,828.15 which is great considering some decorations are now sorted and suit deposit is down!
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Lauralozzle
    Lauralozzle Posts: 719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Payday has arrived and the balance is now £3128.35

It's slowly getting there! We're above target though which I'm really happy about!
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Lauralozzle
    Lauralozzle Posts: 719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 2 April 2017 at 8:57PM
    So, I've received a call and my wedding dress is made - it's arrived a lot earlier than I thought it would. I go to try it on, on the 20th April. I've just got to get my bridal underwear now!
    NST no. NSD 4/15
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family