Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Comments

• NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    batman44 wrote: »

If was referenced in the Moneybox programme by Bott & co last week Vauban posted the link. I would suggest you download the podcast before it goes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04p53k7

That's where I got it from!! Yeah just worked it out, came back to post and found your post, going up to Sainsburys (other supermarkets available :) ) I need a drink, brain ache!

So Kevin Clark from Bott has the details, if it's not privaledged let's hope further details might trickle our way.

Thanks Batman
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Jet2 are telling me they will not consider a claim for a family and each member must claim separately.

These seems absurd as children are involved.

Does anyone have a view if this is correct or not?
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Chris_h_b wrote: »

Hi Chris,

Welcome to our home!

Yes, it's utter rubbish, first of all read Vaubans excellent guide, then ask any questions not answered in it here!

Quick answer is issue NBA, followed by a paper N1app to your local court, listing all the claimants - otherwise by MCOL 'locus standi ' will be mentioned.

Don't give up and good luck with your claim, any questions come back to this thread and ask!
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Chris_h_b wrote: »
    Jet2 are telling me they will not consider a claim for a family and each member must claim separately.

These seems absurd as children are involved.

Chris - when dealing with Jet2 you have to accept they will treat you like s*** and try every trick in the book to avoid paying you one penny, even if it means spending more on legal fees.
    As NoviceAngel (now ExpereincedAngel) says - go N1 paper route, not MCOl then you can claim for everyone. Most judges will see sense that it is reasonbable to hear 2,3,4 or more identical claims in one go.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • JPears wrote: »
    (now ExpereincedAngel) says - go N1 paper route, not MCOl then you can claim for everyone. Most judges will see sense that it is reasonbable to hear 2,3,4 or more identical claims in one go.

Ohh, I am honoured, Thanks JP, I've still got a hell of a lot to learn to be anything like Master Yoda, but I try...... and when I fail .... YOU and Master Yoda can pick up the pieces please......

• 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Seems like Jet2 legal guys get around a bit ....

"A team from Bird & Bird worked closely with counterparts from Freshfields and members of the Monarch in-house legal team jointly to advise the Monarch Group on its recent major refinancing and transformational programme. Monarch has been a significant and valued client of Bird & Bird since 2010.
    The restructuring of the Monarch Group involved the sale by the existing shareholders, principally the Swiss Mantegazza family, of their entire interests in the Group, the acquisition of a majority of their interest by Greybull Capital LLP and the introduction of £125m of new financing facilities. Preparing the Group for sale, a key focus for Bird & Bird, involved the implementation of substantial cost savings, revised agreements with the airline’s aircraft lessors (including the early return of 8 aircraft to the lessors), a redundancy and employment modernisation programme and the restructuring of existing finance arrangements. The Bird & Bird team advised particularly on the financing, aircraft lease negotiation and employment aspects of the transaction.
    Simon Chamberlain, lead partner, Bird & Bird, commented: "This was a critical transaction for the future of the Monarch Group and it was particularly rewarding to be able to contribute significantly to its transformation and sale which has secured its future as a long-standing and respected member of, and major employer in, the UK travel industry."
    The Bird & Bird team was led by Simon Chamberlain, Trystan Tether, Robin Springthorpe and Liz Lang with assistance from Almas Daud, Annabelle Wheeler and Martin Barr, among others. The Monarch in-house legal team was led by Alison Wilds and Andrew Lingard.
    The Monarch Group is one of the UK's leading leisure travel groups, comprising principally Monarch Airlines, Monarch Travel Group and Monarch Aircraft Engineering."

I wonder if these (non paying) airlines talk to each other?
  • I would imagine quite a few airlines would have spoken to Jet2 after they had painted the 'whole uk airline industry' into a corner!
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 26 November 2014 at 1:11PM
    Courtesy of Bott and Co, this is the submission from Jet2.com made to the Supreme Court as part of their appeal.

It's the reference to the Dutch case which the Supreme Court subsequently rejected.

If you have been requested to agree to a further stay, pending the Dutch case, I would suggest you do not agree to it and quote the following passage that was rejected by the Supreme Court. Lower Courts will have to follow suit.

Ronald Huzar v jet2.com Limited

Section 7 - REFERENCE TO THE EUROPEAN COURT OF JUSTICE
    OF THE EUROPEAN COMMUNITY

The present case has features which suggest that a preliminary reference to the CJEU is appropriate. In particular:

- the outcome turns on the interpretation of EU legislation which must necessarily be the same in each Member State

- some language versions of that legislation are inconsistent with the findings of the Court of Appeal

- regulatory authorities in other Member States continue to stand by the interpretation of the EU regulation which was contained in the CAA’s guidance, now withdrawn, and which is inconsistent with the position taken by the Court of Appeal

- one court has already made a preliminary reference to the CJEU on issues which are similar to those determined by the Court of Appeal (the District Court of Amsterdam in Van Der Lans v KLM, judgement of 29 April 2014), so the CJEU can be expected, in the medium term, to rule on the issues which are before this court.

If, contrary to the appellant’s primary position, the interpretation of article 5(3) is not acte clair, a reference should be made.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Is there a way to find out the reason my flight was delayed? The staff at Alicante airport told us that it was a technical fault with the aircraft(it broke down on runway at LBA) but i would like a better explanation to put in my small claims form.
  • Is there a way to find out the reason my flight was delayed? The staff at Alicante airport told us that it was a technical fault with the aircraft(it broke down on runway at LBA) but i would like a better explanation to put in my small claims form.

You are unlikely to get an explanation from them until you put your claim in and then may issue court proceeding before they tell you.
    Check out Vaubans Flight Delay Guide, you will be glad you did....:):):)
    Thomas Cook Claim - Settled Monarch Claim - Settled
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport