Budget energy

Comments

• Got my switch over completed today :D Got my welcome pack in mid August, i rang few weeks ago and they told me that i should have been switched over but NIE said they never received anything from Budget so i had to start over again with a new 10 day cooling off period. I wasn`t pleased but what could i do, i rang them on Tuesday as it was 19 days and they gave me today as the date of switch over.
    NIE were to phone me between 11 and 12 i got the call at 11.05 and all was easy after that.
  • mournemaid wrote: »
    Got my switch over completed today :D Got my welcome pack in mid August, i rang few weeks ago and they told me that i should have been switched over but NIE said they never received anything from Budget so i had to start over again with a new 10 day cooling off period. I wasn`t pleased but what could i do, i rang them on Tuesday as it was 19 days and they gave me today as the date of switch over.
    NIE were to phone me between 11 and 12 i got the call at 11.05 and all was easy after that.
    Well done :T
  • yorkie98
    yorkie98 Posts: 306 Forumite
    I signed up online on 16/09 but I have not yet switched.
    I was due to switch on or around 27/09 so this morning I gave them a call. I'm due to get my phone call on Friday and will switch on monday.
    Aparrently, there is now a backlog at NIE T&D due to the volume of people switching.. Can't help thinking that this is NIE trying to slow down the stampede.. So just another week of paying PowerNI's rip-off rate, bring it on..
  • dumbo
    dumbo Posts: 167
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Due to change from NIE to Budget tomorrow, seems quite straight forward, the girl from budget called me to arrange a time that suits me for the changeover. So Wednesday evening between 6pm & 7pm all should be complete. Budget seem to know what they are doing as I oreviously tried to change to airtricity & it took 2 months to get a changeover date & then they told me the changeover could only be done between 8.30am & 5pm, whereas Budget can a rrange a call for me outside working hours. Well done Budget Energy.:j
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    I am about to switch after checking my meter usage.I used to use about 90p to £1.15 a day depending on what I was doing.The 90p was normally the TV,fridge & freezer & cooking.Last week before I topped up,I took a reading for a couple of days.Yesterday I checked & my usage has shot up by an average of 20p a day!
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Just switched!!!! Paying !!!!!! Turpin Electricity by Keypad so saving even 66p per £5 topped up is a bonus!
  • hazelc56
    hazelc56 Posts: 318 Forumite
    yorkie98 wrote: »
    I signed up online on 16/09 but I have not yet switched.
    I was due to switch on or around 27/09 so this morning I gave them a call. I'm due to get my phone call on Friday and will switch on monday.
    Aparrently, there is now a backlog at NIE T&D due to the volume of people switching.. Can't help thinking that this is NIE trying to slow down the stampede.. So just another week of paying PowerNI's rip-off rate, bring it on..
    Yorkie its a shame you have to wait a little longer but if you reckon its due to more folk signing up to BE then that can only be a good thing in the long run for everyone as hopefully more people joining will help keep the price low.You could be right about PowerNI trying to slow the process of LOSING its customers.Poor things. I believe that if one company can offer electricity at a low price then another BIGGER company can surely do the same,so it serves them right for being greedy.Hope you get sorted very soon.
  • hazelc56
    dumbo wrote: »
    Due to change from NIE to Budget tomorrow, seems quite straight forward, the girl from budget called me to arrange a time that suits me for the changeover. So Wednesday evening between 6pm & 7pm all should be complete. Budget seem to know what they are doing as I oreviously tried to change to airtricity & it took 2 months to get a changeover date & then they told me the changeover could only be done between 8.30am & 5pm, whereas Budget can a rrange a call for me outside working hours. Well done Budget Energy.:j
    A lucky escape by all accounts dumbo.
  • hazelc56
    spike7451 wrote: »
    Just switched!!!! Paying !!!!!! Turpin Electricity by Keypad so saving even 66p per £5 topped up is a bonus!
    Spike if you have switched to Budget Energy then i wonder if youve noticed that your unit price will be 13.147p if you only top up by £5 whereas if you top up by £10 your unit price will be 12.774p a little cheaper but a saving all the same.Just thought i would tell you as it is easy to miss on the leaflet etc.
    Not sure what you mean when you say "Paying !!!!!! Turpin Electricity".Can you tell me please.
  • hazelc56
    hazelc56 wrote: »
    Spike if you have switched to Budget Energy then i wonder if youve noticed that your unit price will be 13.147p if you only top up by £5 whereas if you top up by £10 your unit price will be 12.774p a little cheaper but a saving all the same.Just thought i would tell you as it is easy to miss on the leaflet etc.
    Not sure what you mean when you say "Paying !!!!!! Turpin Electricity".Can you tell me please.
    OOPS! sorry spike just disregard stupid here.:embarasseI get what you mean now.Its a code word for a well known electricity giant innit?;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure