Need Makro Membership...

Hi,

I used have a costco membership but now since i dont work for the company that gave me one its now revoked. Im just wondering if anyone can help me get a makro membership i will pay for the help.

:A

Thanks,
LittleLeeanne

Comments

• Are you a business op.
  • The way to get a Makro membership is either:

1, Join yourself which you have to provide a: either proof of self employment, this is normally something from the inland revenue or national insurance contributions and 2 recent purchase invoices over £50.

2, As a business: This is either a company cheque book, company credit card, paying in book and 2 recent purchase invoices over £50.

3, If you know a police officer then they can get a Makro card on production of their warrent card. In some stores this also applies to Royal Navy.

4, Services such as Social Services, NHS and councils can normally get a card by writing into the Makro store on headed paper.

If you know someone that has a Makro card then you can use that card if they write you a little note saying that you can use that card.

There are a few crafty ways of getting round the self employed route. I would suggest going in and applying at the weekend normally when there are youngsters working as they are much more flexible. Hope this helps.
  • You can usually get a card if you buy for a PTA or similar organisation.
  • James240
    James240 Posts: 16,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    i used to work for Makro and if you say that your self employed all u need to do its produce " 2 recent purchase invoices for over £50" that you can produce on your computer at home. As tinkerbelle said the best time to go is at the weekends as you will find people to be a hell of alot more flexible and to be honest save you a lot of trouble. If they ask for more pieces of information say that you will provide them at a later date, because 9 times out of 10 the application is just put in the pile to be processed any way. :) What i would say is just be wary that VAT is added on to the prices that you see instore and that some bargins arent exactly bargins :)
    Savings Total so far for 2023: £8,062.58
  • James240
    James240 Posts: 16,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    p.s. sorry aobut no paragraphs ^^^^^^^^ its just that my works computer wont let me do them for some reason on MSE :)
    Savings Total so far for 2023: £8,062.58
  • Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your advise but i was there yesterday and got refused the woman who was asking all the questions of the day said i cant get one unless i provide more evidence i told her i was self employed and just became self employed 2 weeks ago. Is there anything else i can do to get one ???

Regards,
    Little Leeanne
  • You would need to provide some evidence unfortunately as everything goes out to the marketing department who check it.

Do you know a childminder as all they have to provide is a coy of their certificate and a bill with there address on it. Which store is it that you tried at?
  • if i had a letter on nhs headed paper, what should be written? any advice please
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure