help with debts...new here

124»

Comments

• I haven't bought any new clothes for my children since they were born. They are both dressed in Next, boden, Marks and spencer etc (all things that was well). I've bought everything from ebay and other baby related boards that have classifieds.
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i agree with stopping the next account and only buying from there when there is a sale of from the discount next stores :)

ebay is fab for re selling next clothing ,i sell all my 2 sons stuff on ,on ebay when its outgrown

dont be too proud or embarressed to buy from there either you can get lovely stuff thats in fab condition just been outgrown

who cares if its last seasons ? not a 16 month old thats for sure ;)

also as you only work 2 hrs per day maybe look for something to make a little extra ?
    ive started mystery shopping and have had great sucess with it so far,its great as you can fit it in and around the kids and other work commitments

have a look on this thread for companies to sign up with :)http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=223762

or maybe some evening work a few nights a week ? waitressing / bar work / babysitting etc

HTH

Rach
  • Hi Louise,

If you have a 16month old son, and over £600 owing to next for his clothes.
    WHat about selling all the ones he has outgrown on ebay.
    You could make up bundles 0-3, 3-6, 6-9 9-12m etc etc.

Bet you could get at least £200 for his outgrown stuff??

Just a thought????????
  • hi there
    Well just wanted to check in and say i have currently got some of Josephs clothes and othere bits on ebay now :beer:

Feeling more positive and am inclined to save and be more aware of my money

Also suggested to hubby that we use cash not cards for shopping. I do my big shop online, but i said we should draw £40 out of the bank and this is for the bits inbetween.

Last month we spent £250 on food for the 3 of us. Ridiclulous! So now we are aiming for £160 :j
  • At risk of repeating myself, National Childbirth Trust nearly new sales are a good place to buy children's clothes. If you are prepared to rummage then you can find good label clothes at very cheap prices.
    7 Angel Bears for LovingHands Autumn Challenge. 10 KYSTGYSES. 3 and 3/4 (ran out of wool) small blanket/large square, 2 premie blankets, 2 Angel Claire Bodywarmers
  • Storm
    Storm Posts: 1,749 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I love Next too, though it is ridiculously expensive! However, I've got a bit smarter now - I cancel the catalogue coming through & just look online (which also stops me browsing just as much!) I get deliveries made to a local store (as it's free!) and I work on a 'cost per wear' basis. I don't mind paying out on shoes because I've got size eight feet with narror heels - shoe buying is such a nightmare! However, I'm much stricter with 'fun' stuff (esp as I can't go out that much, so what's the point in having it? I am lucky too as we've got a Next outlet down here in Portsmouth, and when they clear out a couple of weeks before the main Next sales it's dirt cheap (trousers for £5, shirts for £3 etc) I love it!
    Total Debt 13th Sept 2006 (exc student loan): £6240.06 :eek:
    O/D 1 [strike]£1250 [/strike]O/D 2 [strike]£100[/strike] Next a/c [strike]£313.55[/strike]@ 26.49% Mum [strike]£130[/strike] HSBC [strike]£4446.51[/strike]@15.75%[STRIKE]M&S £580.15@ 4.9%[/STRIKE]
    Total Debt 30th April 2008: £0 100% paid off!

PROUD TO [STRIKE]BE DEALING [/STRIKE] HAVE DEALT WITH MY DEBT ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure