PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Sunday 25th June

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
And I ain't got the power anymore'

Comments

• karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning :wave:

I've had a terrible nights sleep :( My nose is all bunged up too!

Been getting up going back to bed hourly, too hot and restless, not what I needed, I needed sleep :wall:...but life goes on: work soon for a few hours then nothing else at all on the agenda.

I hope yesterdays Birthday girls aren't nursing bad heads this morning ;)

Hope you all have a good Sunday :) x

PS. FBO good news about hubby's hand.
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,031 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Thanks for the thread karcher. Hope you're healing well.

Just as I arrived home yesterday ex-OH turned up on his way back from his annual trip way up north. It was nice to see him again. Anyway, I gave him an IT project of installing a new router (not difficult) and the adding the two outside cameras to the new network (much more difficult). I spent the evening reconnecting gadgets like Sonos speakers, Echo and so on, technically easy but tedious!

Already this morning I've ordered some hanging basket skeletons to make jackdaw-proof bird feeders from. Woke to find a horde of them guzzling the peanuts, I chase them and they, of course, come back.

No doubt there will be more techie stuff to be done. I've got some washing on the go, I've also got piles of papers to burn for DM which I want to do before hanging out the washing, and then got paperwork to proof read. Life of Riley!

Food will be scavenged from the chest freezer depending on how long my guest stays.

Happy Sunday to all, and hugs too.
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,004 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning
    Thank you karcher for starting the thread.

Belated Happy Birthday meanmarie, caronc and maddiemay

Again forecast rain didn't really happen yesterday, only a 5 minute shower. Tried to do some gardening but the ground is so hard.

Spent the afternoon watching the Azerbaijan F1 qualifying and plan to watch the race today.

Nothing much else planned, might whizz around with the duster and hoover. Lunch is chicken with ??? something, maybe salad, too hot for roast.

Hope you all have a good day.
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Thank you for starting us off karcher

Belated Happy birthday meanmarie and maddiemay. I hope that you both enjoyed your day.

FBO - I'm glad that your husband's hand will be ok.

Yesterday I pottered about doing a few odd jobs and was quite productive getting a lot of administrative tasks out of the way, and sorted out some paperwork that my brother had asked for some help with.

I went to the food festival in the local park and tasted quite a few different cheeses that I haven’t tried before and some sausages. Everything was so expensive to purchase though so I didn’t come home with anything. We had a look at the menu in the ‘caf!’ area and but I could feed myself for a week for the price of a cup of tea and slice of cake so we came back to mine for tea and cake. :)

Today I want to pop into Homebase and get some outdoor paint for the shed door. It’s a brick built shed that houses a tumble dryer and small chest freezer and if it isn’t well sealed it swells up in the winter and I can’t open or close the door. It is starting to flake in a few places again. If I get the paint in then it is just a matter of waiting for a day without too much wind.

Time for another cup of tea and some breakfast.

I hope that you all have a good day whatever you are doing.
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Cake for yesterday's birthday girls :D[/FONT]:bdaycake::bdaycake::bdaycake:

Get yourselves on the birthday list, you'll get a lot more cake :D

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I've been keeping my mouth shut lately and leaving other people's messes for them to deal with, even though it takes a while for them to get to it and I can't stand looking at it. But it's slowly crept back to leaving stuff that gets in the way of everyone else. Not sure why this happens – they all hate it but still do it to everyone else! Lost my rag last night though, a mess was made and I'm in the wrong for moaning about it - obviously. Chinese takeaway bought, plastic tubs left with bits of food in, plates left with bits of food on, table wiped but not properly. By the time I saw it, the food had dried and was stuck to everything. Two things, 1. mice, I'm not convinced they're all gone so everyone's supposed to be careful not leave temptation around and 2. I'm not the sodding maid. But the thing that made me really angry was the sink! There was food in the sink and the beansprouts appeared to have been woven into the protector mat, all glued on by this point. I have a double sink so I used the other one to rinse the things I'd used – a small plate, two mugs, one knife, two teaspoons and a lock n lock box (yes I counted, lol) - and I left everything else. I've just had breakfast and have washed the bowl and mug, everything else is staying where it is. If they want to eat, they have to clean up because those are now the only dishes they're allowed to use.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I have two loads of washing to do, and will start as soon as whoever left their washing in the machine since teatime yesterday empties it out. I'll give them til 9am then will dump the wet clothes on their bed (not sure who it belongs yet, I haven't looked, lol). I don't plan on doing anything today, just whatever I feel like at the time, without considering anyone else, whether it suits them/gets in their way or not. I have yarn and wine and chocolate and a film to watch, should be great :D[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    :beer:
    Bulletproof
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning all, my Zebra and Oreo are coming today!!! I'm so looking forward to a whole week of fun and seeing DD2 as well, so many things to do and lots of cuddling!

Overcast here this morning but quite a comfortable temperature, not too hot, a slight breeze is nice too. I actually slept through until 5 this morning so I'm feeling like I've got my ping back. Most preparations are done now and the rooms are ready for them all I have to do is tidy and vacuum the house and then I'll steam mop the floors while He Who Knows is walking Cookie dog this morning. I hope the weather is kind in the coming week as Zebra particularly is an 'outdoor' child and loves helping Opa in the garden and playing outside. He'll be happy because the raspberries are just beginning to ripen in numbers now on the allotment and he'll be able to pick and eat as many as he wants, there are even a very few late strawberries for him on the plants in the garden, he always says Oma have you got strawberries at your house? when we go to visit bless him.

Have yourselves a good day, xxx.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Hope you are healing well Karcher.
    Many happy returns for our birthday peeps yesterday, trust you had a good day.

For once I slept right through the night and didn't wake until 5am when I needed the loo, even then I managed to drop back off for another hour or so until big dog started whining, DOH is still snoozing away.
    Not masses planned for today, at some point I need to clear out the ensuite as we are having the tray replaced tomorrow, other than that it will just be a bit of cooking and perhaps a long walk with Tilly in the afternoon.
    Right, time for another cuppa, can hear OH stirring, have a good day folks x
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks. A miserable start here with evidence of overnight rain. At least it saves me watering the pots!

The scavengers in our garden GERS are hordes of blooming starlings. It's worse at the moment with all their fledglings adding to their number. Horrible birds, squabbling and fighting with each other. I am loathe to put out more fat squares as they will just gobble them up in no time and the other birds won't get a look in.

Plan A for today was that DS was going to come and help us cut back the front hedge this afternoon as, for the first time, we have admitted defeat and realise it's too big a job for us to tackle now. What fun it is getting old and infirm! However, rain may stop play and a new day arranged. It's just gone rampant this last week or two and looks a right mess.

Not bothering with a roast today. I am doing Caribbean Chicken - one of this week's meat specials from Aldi - with salad, baby new potatoes and sugarsnaps. I thought it sounded rather nice but time will tell!

Is your ex impressed with your endeavours in your garden areas GERS? You sound to have made lots of changes and done a lot of hard work out there.

Have a good folks and hope the birthday girls had a good day. CARONC you kept that quiet on the OS thread! (HUGS) for the poorlies, sad or worried who want one and take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

karcher - thanks for starting us off x

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Cloudy, overcast and breezy here too.

DH and myself been up a while, enjoying peaceful cuppas, DS2 just surfaced in search of a cuppa and brekkie, DS1 still in his pit. I'll have my brekkie in a mo, whilst on here then head to the shower.

We are taking DH's granddad out for lunch today as it's his 92nd birthday this week, so that will take up most of the day.

I will need to organise pack ups etc later.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Not a bad start to the day weatherwise. I did loads of washing yesterday which mostly dried outside but there were a few heavy showers. No washing left today! DW and bins emptied, really must have a hoover round upstairs.

Defrosted the freezer yesterday, it's now empty, clean and turned off, one or two odd meals coming up!

That's really annoying tru, I would be tempted to put the dirty dishes on their beds along with the wet washing!
    Glad to hear OH's hand will heal FBO, hope you have a better day today.
    Have a lovely week with your little ones Mrs LW.

Have a happy Sunday, take care. XX
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport