Cheery's buttling diary: tea in one hand, plant pot in the other, running shoes on

Comments

• :j:T:D Hellooooo! *waves* lovely to have another returner (returnee?) to - as Pippi put it, the dark side! :D

Absolutely with you on debt avoidance too - that's also my flimsy excuse for being back - just the need to regain a but of focus - and more me the "public" thing of posting here just works for that.

Not sure if it helps, but I suspect you could cut that Telephone/internet quite a bit too - I'm currently paying Sky £35 a month which was a package they offered to match prices offered by BT - that includes TV too so just for the other two there ought to be something lower than that? Suspect it's on your list to look at though! :T

Welcome back!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Cheery! You're back, how fantastically lovely to hear from you! How strange though that I've been away for ages too and thought today was a good day to start posting again, maybe it's just one of those days.

I really like all the gardening and cups of tea talk, very much my way idea of a good time :)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Yep KC, tis indeed a lot to pay :eek: Possibly understandable though - it's a 100% green tariff, so a bit more expensive than otherwise, the boiler is absolutely ancient and not awfully efficient (but no point replacing til it actually dies). Also we both work at home a lot of the time, and often keep fairly different hours, so the heating is often on from morning til 2 or 3am :eek:
    Then thats really good :j
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,697 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Ooh, more lovely people! :j :j

I will indeed be going through all those bills eventually, just thought i'd waffled enough for one day :o :rotfl: Anyway, not even thinking about any of them until everything is properly merged and all direct debits transferred, poor brain can't cope :rotfl:

Already wasted £1.50 this morning - was going to walk to yown but left it so late i've ended up on the bus - which is now in a giant queue of traffic so i'm likely to be late anyway, gah! Remind me to walk tomorrow!!

At least i get lunch paid for today :j
  • DedicatedDFW
    DedicatedDFW Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Cheery - its so lovely to have you back :j I always found your posts inspirational and positive :D

I have been with my Mr for longer than 8 years and we don't have the joint a/cs thing - i can imagine its hard work getting all that sorted out :cool:

I saved money today by walking to the station and back with the intention of then picking the car up from home - only to find its broken down :( At least it did it at home but if i'd driven / tried to drive to the station i'd have known it wasn't working when all the garages were still open. Oh well. Think i'm trying to say there may have been a good reason for you being on the bus today :)

Looking forward to your posts :D
    CC1:T £[STRIKE]2531[/STRIKE] £1460
    MORTGAGE OVERPAYMENTS: £10575.20 Target £12,100
    MF Date: [STRIKE]August 2042[/STRIKE] May 2035
    Declutter 1000 things by Xmas 2015! 53/1000
  • Cheery_Daff
    :hello: hi dedicated :D lovely to see you too :)

How very vexing about your car!! I am very sympathetic - mine too is currently broken and has been since 28th December... Goes a couple of miles at a time but water tank is full of oil and we're in the process of acquiring a new one... (gosh, that makes me sound like we're stealing it, or building it ourselves!! :rotfl: We're not, clearly :D Just quite picky about what we want, and what we're (not) going to spend on it...) :D

Fortunately I have learned that my bus fare from today will be refunded :j :j Exciting times :rotfl:
  • *reminds cheery to walk tomorrow.

:D

Well done on the refund.
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    :DWhat ^^she^^ said!:D
    ...Fortunately I have learned that my bus fare from today will be refunded...

Cheery, does that make it a NSD?!?
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    See, we all have your interests at heart :kisses3:

Oil in the water tank deffo sounds horrible ... hope you get a nice new-to-you one soon :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    *reminds cheery to walk tomorrow.

:D

Well done on the refund.
    i'll be doing one better than that - i shall be walking to the gym, running 4 miles on the treadmill, then showering and walking the rest of he way in a civilised fashion :j :j

(and before anyone notices that there is no gym membership in my budget, it's because i paid for 3 months upfront on a special new year offer :D once the weather gets nicer (and i've done my triathlon...) i'll see if i want to continue)

i know what all you beady eyed MSEers are like!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport