Onwards and downwards...

Comments

• I'm sorry to hear you're struggling to cope and everything seems to be getting on top of you. You've come such a long way but if your health, mentally and physically, are taking a hit then maybe you should ease up a bit. We're coming into a new month just do what you have to do during March and rest. I know you're keen to get the debt gone but for one month it won't hurt to just pay minimum amounts. I can't advise about work, that's a discussion between you and Mr jwil, just don't make any rash decisions. A doctor's appointment might be a way forward.

Look after yourself and don't beat yourself up you're human not a machine. As an afterthought the weather and time of the year doesn't help xx
  • Feeling overwhelmed is the worst, you just don't know where to start or what to do so here's my suggestion. Give into the lurgy and let everything else sit for a while. You'll feel better sooner and be able to tackle things while firing on all cylinders. Also, I was reflecting on your big birthday. I have a massive one next month and was thinking how much further forward I'd have been if I'd been making mortgage ops by my 40th. You're not superwoman so don't beat yourself up about it. Take time, regroup and when you start to feel better, make a list. Then use it to see what you get done instead of what you still need to do.

Take care
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Bless you jwil you do a lot no wonder you're overwhelmed xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 18,825
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I'm sorry to hear you're struggling to cope and everything seems to be getting on top of you. You've come such a long way but if your health, mentally and physically, are taking a hit then maybe you should ease up a bit. We're coming into a new month just do what you have to do during March and rest. I know you're keen to get the debt gone but for one month it won't hurt to just pay minimum amounts. I can't advise about work, that's a discussion between you and Mr jwil, just don't make any rash decisions. A doctor's appointment might be a way forward.

Look after yourself and don't beat yourself up you're human not a machine. As an afterthought the weather and time of the year doesn't help xx

Thank you lovely :) You are right, maybe I should take it easy for a bit. I've been thinking I ought to visit the docs, but it's so difficult too as booking is when I'm doing the school run, and then all the suitable appointments are gone. If I try and go on my short day I'd have the kids, which makes it too hard to discuss things properly.

The weather definitely doesn't help, I love the sun, but hating the cold and icy weather makes me anxious too!
    Feeling overwhelmed is the worst, you just don't know where to start or what to do so here's my suggestion. Give into the lurgy and let everything else sit for a while. You'll feel better sooner and be able to tackle things while firing on all cylinders. Also, I was reflecting on your big birthday. I have a massive one next month and was thinking how much further forward I'd have been if I'd been making mortgage ops by my 40th. You're not superwoman so don't beat yourself up about it. Take time, regroup and when you start to feel better, make a list. Then use it to see what you get done instead of what you still need to do.

Take care

Thank you, you are right. I just need to have a break for a bit. I think making a big 'to do' list might help stop everything from churning around in my head.

It doesn't seem like I'm gaining everything with my overpayments at the moment, but I know it will benefit in the long run.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    Forumite
    I'm not feeling so bad today, so that helps!

We have visitors coming later, so although I could really do without it today, it's forced me to have a tidy up and clean up. That does always make me feel better as the mess just makes me even more stressed. I should try and get back to flylady or a routine.
  • jwil
    Forumite
    abba1772 wrote: »
    Bless you jwil you do a lot no wonder you're overwhelmed xx

Thanks abba :)
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Todays pads:

£1.86 to Mortgage
    £1.00 to debt savings
    £1.14 to em savings

Debt savings - [STRIKE]£19,320[/STRIKE]/£18,226 - £1094 paid :T
  • You are making headway look how far you've come in a year. You're not increasing your debt, your gradually reducing them, overpaying on your mortgage and have savings. That's a huge achievement and you should be applauded :T
  • I agree with others, you are always 'doing' and busy. Make sure you take some time just to you Be that just for a cuppa and peace for 15 minutes or anything else you enjoy. No cleaning/no list making/no thinking of what needs/could/should be done.

Take care you do amazing don't forget that.

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Jwil, you sound so much like me. Having a messy house makes me stressed as well. I always feel like I am on the go and never have time for just me. From June I will be putting the little ones into nursery on a Friday so I can have some time to myself. I will probably do housework for an hour or two but then just sit and relax! I am looking forward to it. Although the reality will probably be me running around sorting everything out manically until the kids come home from school!

I think I need to have down time just for me even if it is only 15 minutes of an evening where I don't even think about money or tidying the house or what bit needs to be sorted out next. The only way I will do this is if I have a massive to do list so that is what I am going to focus on doing and then I will try and relax.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure