Home Contents Insurance for a bankrupt??

Does anyone know of any companies out there who will give a reasonable quite for Home Contents Insurance??

I cancelled my old insurance when I moved, and am now looking around for a new supplier, but so far only one of them have asked the dreaded question about being bankrupt !!

I was going to ask hubby to put it in his name, but do they still ask if anyone in the household is bankrupt etc??

Any words of wisdom gratefully received as usual !!:)

Comments

• philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    see what the co-op can do or try an online comparison thingie, some ask about bankruptcy some dont
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • Butts
    Butts Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 16 February 2018 at 12:49PM
    Wow nearly eight years later but I am sure still relevant to undischarged Bankrupts seeking in my case Contents insurance Renewal.

Went through my usual meerkat comparison site so as to secure the latest BB Oleg for my ex-wife.

I changed the assumptions on the site to yes when it asked if I had ever been Bankrupt - it did not ask for any further details.

I then selected the Post Office as my provider which allowed me to pay a deposit of the normal amount and the remaining payments by direct debit.

On closer inspection the Post office Policy Schedule showed I had declared the bankruptcy and it all went through okay online.

Actually cheaper than my renewal would have been with Tesco !!
  • Just renewed my insurance with the Halifax and have to say I was surprised as seen many posts mentioned Halifax did not cater for bankrupts.

Also had to renew my internet and told Virgin I was bankrupt and no issues and accepted and paying monthly
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure