PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The demise of the Remoska cooker.

1235»

Comments

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,539 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I love mine too- have lost track of how long I have had it- don't want to tempt fate. Do wish the 'non stick' inside of lid would clean properly- it looks - bad! But as I use it pretty much every day what can you expect??

I notice on the new Lakeland catalogue that the lifetime guarantee for everything has gone, now replaced with 3 years.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggyduvets,26 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=160 £86 spent!!!
  • Katiehound wrote: »
    I love mine too- have lost track of how long I have had it- don't want to tempt fate. Do wish the 'non stick' inside of lid would clean properly- it looks - bad! But as I use it pretty much every day what can you expect??

I notice on the new Lakeland catalogue that the lifetime guarantee for everything has gone, now replaced with 3 years.

They may quote 3 years now but if you bought your Remoska when they offered a lifetime guarantee they will have to honour that.
  • Sallennic
    Sallennic Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 15 February 2018 at 5:29PM
    Does anyone know of a repair service for Remoskas? Lakeland do not offer one and I'm fairly certain that repair would not be too difficult.
    The first one we had was the middle size of the old range. When it ceased to work I had a look at it and found that all that was required was a new element in the lid - a simple circular electric element. Lakeland couldn't (or wouldn't) help and I gave up and bought a replacement. This was the new range Grand, which proved good, despite the loss of the window in the lid. It died shortly before Christmas after three or four years and I had to buy another (couldn't find the receipt or it would have been replaced under the 10 year guarantee in force at the time of purchase).
    I brought the defunct one home as well and am now looking for someone to look at it with a view to repairing it.
    Any suggestions?
  • I have just telephoned Lakeland. They are not discontinuing the Remoska. The Grand and the Standard are still being sold. Only the mini Remoska is no longer availble from Lakeland.
  • tboo
    tboo Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I have just telephoned Lakeland. They are not discontinuing the Remoska. The Grand and the Standard are still being sold. Only the mini Remoska is no longer availble from Lakeland.

Bless
    Thanks for reviving a nearly 6 year old thread and the last cmment before your's from Feb 2018

You didn't have to waste a telephone call as they have them on the website still

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/31946/Grand+Remoska+Electric+Cooker+with+Glass+Lid+4L
    “You’re only here for a short visit.
    Don’t hurry, don't worry and be sure to smell the flowers along the way.”
    Walter Hagen

365 Day 1p Challenge for 2021 #41 ✅
    Jar £440.31/£667.95 and Bank £389.67/£667.95

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts