5p off petrol for a £50 spend at Tesco

Comments

• lorraine
    lorraine Posts: 526 Forumite
    ksh123 wrote:
    Sorry to rain on this parade but I have actually written to Tesco to complain about the reappearance of this deal. I don't want the deal takne away, I wouldn't be so mean, but I do think it should be tuned to so that it is available to EVERYBODY.
    This is what I have said to Tesco:

" Do you know how difficult it is for a single person, or someone on a reduced income to spend £50 in one transaction at the supermarket? Even at this time, with Christmas shopping to do, many people simply do not have the available finance to benefit from this “deal”.

Yet those who are shopping for larger families, or are better off, can benefit every time they shop.

I think this deal is elitist and discriminatory and it makes me mad that the supermarket that trades on “every little helps” is not helping the very people who may need it most.

It would make considerably more sense, and be a great deal more fair, if customers could save their till receipts (within a reasonable time frame) and claim their discounted fuel via customer services when they have reached a £50 spend. They way, we can all benefit."

I agreee I cannot afford a big spend in one shop like that without putting it on CC which I am terrible at times at paying. Also you think thats bad, I was in my local Tesco the other day and they are playing about with the car park again, so I was nosey and asked CS what they are doing and they said that they are putting the ticket barrier back up as it was being abused (in middle of town centre with 3 hours free parking) so I was ok not a problem, then she said that you had to spend a minimum of £20 :eek: I cannot believe it, I'm just praying that its chinese whispers, I always do my shopping in tesco and usually spend a little amount at a time, looks like I'll be going to Asda.
  • ksh123
    ksh123 Posts: 1,248 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    lorraine wrote:
    I agreee I cannot afford a big spend in one shop like that without putting it on CC which I am terrible at times at paying. Also you think thats bad, I was in my local Tesco the other day and they are playing about with the car park again, so I was nosey and asked CS what they are doing and they said that they are putting the ticket barrier back up as it was being abused (in middle of town centre with 3 hours free parking) so I was ok not a problem, then she said that you had to spend a minimum of £20 :eek: I cannot believe it, I'm just praying that its chinese whispers, I always do my shopping in tesco and usually spend a little amount at a time, looks like I'll be going to Asda.

£20!! Flippin 'eck - that would be ridiculous! I really hope they don't do that to you Lorraine
    Stop looking for answers....
    The most you can hope for are clues.....:)
  • gobbyash
    gobbyash Posts: 386 Forumite
    I have three 5p off per litre till spits available to the first three people to PM me with their address and click the thams button underneath this post.

regards

gobbyash
  • Is it possible to by a 50 quid tv or something, get the discount voucher, use the voucher, then get a full cash refund for the item? Can they invalidate the voucher if its unused? or tell if you have used the voucher?

Anyone from TESCO know?

Ian
  • gobbyash
    Hi Ian

The vouchers have a valid until date - usually 2 or 3 weeks from date of purchase.

gobby
  • cmorgan
    cmorgan Posts: 236 Forumite
    reihtec wrote:
    I was disappointed that they don't offer this deal for online shopping as I usually do my monthly shop online. I usually spend over £50 online so I can use the tesco online vouchers that you can get by searching the web and in other parts of this forum.

quote]

I actually got the 5p off with my online shop this week. It wasn't the usual till spit but a more substantial voucher headed www.tesco.com and with a serial nubmer on the bottom.

Happy days
  • Thanks,

I do understand that the vouchers have a valid date but my point was can you buy something to then get the voucher, use the voucher(while it's valid) then take what you bought back for a full refund.

Would they query that?

Ian
  • ksh123
    ksh123 Posts: 1,248 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    IanMitchel wrote:
    Thanks,

I do understand that the vouchers have a valid date but my point was can you buy something to then get the voucher, use the voucher(while it's valid) then take what you bought back for a full refund.

Would they query that?

Ian

That's an idea Ian. I wonder if anyone knows?
    Stop looking for answers....
    The most you can hope for are clues.....:)
  • gobbyash
    Ian

Yes, you can do that but it seems like an awful lot of trouble to save £2.50 ie 5p a litre off 50 litres

gobby
  • Strepsy
    Strepsy Posts: 5,651 Forumite
    ksh123 wrote:
    That's an idea Ian. I wonder if anyone knows?

I got a refund yesterday on a mis-price and they didn't ask for the voucher back. I would imagine it's unlikely they would ask for it back though it would probably be dependent on who serves you.
    I've been lucky, I'll be lucky again. ~ Bette Davis
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport