Eon Reporting To Equifax

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    molerat wrote: »
    Bringing this old thread back to life.

Checked my Clearscore (Equifax) report and there is my old closed in 2012 account still being reported back to 2013 alongside my opened in 2015 (and ended but not closed and billed due to switching to Iresa !) account. It may be that Equifax / Clearscore have screwed up and somehow linked the reporting of the second account to the old. Not a major problem as it shows all green but should not be happening.

Hello molerat and not sure if I'm interpreting you correctly but, on closed accounts, Equifax keep a record of your payment history with us for six years.

Sorry if I've misunderstood molerat.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,804 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 May 2017 at 4:39PM
    Hello molerat and not sure if I'm interpreting you correctly but, on closed accounts, Equifax keep a record of your payment history with us for six years.

Sorry if I've misunderstood molerat.

Malc
    Yes you have misunderstood, the closed account is still being reported every month alongside the current account ;)

An old Equifax report from Feb 2016 correctly shows it as settled in Dec 2012 which was a correction from the continued reporting into 2014 mentioned way back in this thread (#36) but in my latest report it shows continually reported back to 2013.
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    molerat wrote: »
    Yes you have misunderstood, the closed account is still being reported every month alongside the current account ;)

An old Equifax report from Feb 2016 correctly shows it as settled in Dec 2012 which was a correction from the continued reporting into 2014 mentioned way back in this thread (#36) but in my latest report it shows continually reported back to 2013.

Sorry I misunderstood molerat.

To be honest, this is a strange one. Has anything changed on the reports about the status shared on the old account?

You mention your account up to the switch to Iresa has ended but hasn't been closed as we haven't issued our final bill. I suspect this account is linked to your previous account closed in 2012 in terms of how it sits on our computer. The later account will be at what's known as Loss Pending. This will still be reported as a live account as there'll be charges to come. It could be this is picking up the previous account and showing back to 2012. Total guess though and could be way out.

Has Equifax said anything about this?

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,804 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I am not really bothered as it is all green ticks. I will wait until the current live(ish) account is closed off and see what happens then.
    Okay molerat. Thanks for letting me know.

Malc
  • Chip47
    Chip47 Posts: 8 Forumite
    This morning Equifax have dropped my credit score by 14 points purely as a result of an E.O.N hard search. EON have, for the past year, initiated a soft search every month with no affect to my credit file, but for reasons best known to them they initited a hard search on the 4th of May and down comes my credit score. I currently have a complaint in with E.O.N and an awaiting a return phone call. Has anyone else experienced the same thing? Am I now going to experience a credit score drop every month?
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    I was with E.ON for about 9 years (2008-2013 & 2013-2017 in two properties) until this January, but I've never seen any mention of E.ON anywhere on any of my 3 reports, not even soft searches (and I was still a customer when I first started taking notice of my reports)

Not casting doubt on those who are getting dinged, just odd that it's not all-or-nothing. Now I'm wondering what would happen if I were to switch back to them.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
    Chip47 wrote: »
    This morning Equifax have dropped my credit score by 14 points purely as a result of an E.O.N hard search. EON have, for the past year, initiated a soft search every month with no affect to my credit file, but for reasons best known to them they initited a hard search on the 4th of May and down comes my credit score. I currently have a complaint in with E.O.N and an awaiting a return phone call. Has anyone else experienced the same thing? Am I now going to experience a credit score drop every month?

Hello Chip47 and welcome to the Forums.

We share information with Equifax each month. When we do this, we give them a true reflection of the status of an account at the time of the share. For existing accounts that are running with little or no changes, this will be the soft searches you mention. A more in depth share happens where something specific changes. This could be something like changing a payment method, an unpaid bill (over 44 days old), a long term outstanding balance, going on to a contracted fixed tariff from a standard plan, a meter exchange (prepayment to credit or vice versa) etc.

Difficult to say what's triggered this in your case but you're doing the right thing in going down the complaints route. Our complaint manager will talk to the team who deal with these data shares and explain why there's been a change this time.

Sorry if my speculation is off track Chip47.

Malc
    Raxiel wrote: »
    I was with E.ON for about 9 years (2008-2013 & 2013-2017 in two properties) until this January, but I've never seen any mention of E.ON anywhere on any of my 3 reports, not even soft searches (and I was still a customer when I first started taking notice of my reports)

Not casting doubt on those who are getting dinged, just odd that it's not all-or-nothing. Now I'm wondering what would happen if I were to switch back to them.

Hello Raxiel.

We started sharing information with Credit Reference Agencies in 2012. As above, each month we give them a true reflection of the status of an account at the time of the share. As well as sharing details of accounts with long term outstanding balances, we also give positive reports where accounts are paid promptly. This helps build up credit scores.

If you were to switch back, we'll ask to do a credit check. This includes looking at your past accounts with us.

Hope this explains Raxiel. There's more information on our website that might help.

Malc
  • Chip47
    Chip47 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Thanks Malc, I complained to EON and they have investigated. EON did nothing different in May 2017 than they have, every month, for the past two years. I am now waiting for an explaination from Equifax as to how they made a standard 'soft search' into something it wasn't! I am currently waiting with bated breath, as contacting Equifax is a drama in itself ;o)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback