Lloyd’s/Halifax bank charges

Just an update to this, both these banks now charge a daily fee for using an authorised overdraught.

What is not made that clear is this daily fee, is deducted on a daily basis, from your account, whereas before, it was monthly.

So your OD fee is charged daily, and not monthly, just to clarity.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter

Comments

• rolorich
    rolorich Posts: 26 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yes, this has caught me out big time. I’ve been managing with my DMP I arranged for years and my cheapish overdraft facility was the one debt remaining not on the plan. Was shocked to find up to £3 a day has been going out of my Lloyd’s account since beginning of November for this daily charge. My £2500 overdraft is now the priority to pay off as soon as I can as the charge is a flat rate £1 PER DAY for every £700 am overdrawn.

It’s taken me aback as my overdraft fees will go up from £25 per month to £80 or so a month, but to be honest I’m also determined Lloyd’s will not get the better of me and WILL lose out long term as I will pay this off and then leave.

It’s also brought me back here after a gap of SIX YEARS just continuing with my DMP with no real issues fortunately.

So my plan is to......

1. Reassess my income and outgoings for creditors as there is a monthly adjustment to be made with what I offer as Lloyd’s have decided they are having what is left. I will have to offer creditors less as a result.

2. I’ve going to be super savvy. This had slipped for a while but my yellow sticker shopping and no waste, no new clothes, etc will be a priority again. I’ve done it before, I’ve done it again.

3. I am going to keep a record of what I’ve saved and reduce my availability for overdraft accordingly, bit by bit.

Like I said, Stuff Lloyd’s because long term, customers like me will no longer be paying overdrafts....that’s what I’m going to keep focussed on.

Do others have any other ideas about this at all?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure