Bonfires and fireworks - NST November challenge

Comments

• laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 765 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I almost lost my NSD - went tp m&s as i have vouchers and was charged for car park but they give you it back. Got to the till and they said I hadn't spent enough to get it back but I argued the toss. Would normally have let it go but Im pleased I didn't as they gave it back fairly quickly.x
  • laurenh1
    Can I take money from my budgeted travel expenses to fill my tyres up and keep a NSD? If not ill wait til AM to do it xx
  • Pauper1
    Pauper1 Posts: 387 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Mini update:

NSDs - So I looked back, I have 0 NSDs so far. Although I didn't have to buy mould remover today, so whoopeeee today is NSD number 1!

Organise - Groceries £31.87/£200. Petrol £0/£150. Will do a food shop to come tomorrow later.

Mental health - Managed to get the bathroom mould sorted, and have tidied the whole house, so things are okay mind-wise today.
    DMP start 1st May 2014 - £5,864.48 £39,349.41
    Original DFD from Stepchange 6th Sept 2039... :eek:
    Now aiming for end of 2021
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Clear Out - digital clear out of emails!

NSDs - 1 -

Organise - set your budgets now, pay to your debt/savings first
    Food - £128.39/ £400 -
    Fuel (me) - £54.45/ £65
    Social - £19.09/ £150
    Toiletries - £2/ £10
    Clothes - £84.48/£100
    Gifts - £1.49

Value for money -

Exercise -

Mental health - feeling rough today so that's a down - but have achieved some business stuff (filing, VAT return, expenses claim...) so that's a positive :)

Be Christmas ready - Lists done in rough (on paper) - now just need to put them on laptop

Eat well - porridge for breakfast. Lunch was pate baguette and a banana. Dinner - likely to be either chilli or bolognaise, so lots of veggies in it either way :)

Report/ Gratitudes -
    * OH defrosting my car for me this morning!:j
    * freebie toothpaste from a talk DS3 had at school
    * OH's expenses hitting the current ac :)
    * getting some ironing done in front of catch up tv :)
    * heating
    * fluffy socks
    * comfy, supportive shoes :)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Hi guys

Sunday

NSDs -3 /18 Planned spends of fresh stuff and a hot dog & doughnuts for daughter at bonfire/fireworks display.

Organise - cleaned the fridge out before shopping and organizing the contents.

Value for money - Free display & bonfire.

Exercise - Had to park 20 mins away from display so a 40 min walk.

Mental health - Fresh air and a doughnut, what more could I need.

Be Christmas ready - Nothing more at the moment

Eat well - Shepherdspie & a pile of veg for dinner but got attacked by a naughty doughnut so not so good, it hit me in the mouth.

Thankful for - A lovely evening with mum & daughter.

Today

NSDs -4 /18 No pennies were harmed in the making of today, another nsd yay.

Organise - got some paper shuffling to do later this evening.

Value for money - I got nothing in return for spending no money today, I'd say that's value for money.

Exercise - Not yet

Mental health - miserable atmosphere at work today but still kept my spirits up. I think I may have a chest infection so need to make sure I don't get dragged down by it.

Be Christmas ready - 2 items into my reverse advent for the food bank.

Eat well - chicken with spinach & ricotta pasta.

Thankful for - having a roof over our heads and food to eat.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    laurenh1 wrote: »
    Can I take money from my budgeted travel expenses to fill my tyres up and keep a NSD? If not ill wait til AM to do it xx

Yes!!! We don't want turtles to not be safe! (But worth bearing stuff like this in mind as we delve into winter)
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Today I am grateful for a frosty morning, for my lovely warm hat, for working with some very lovely and caring people, for the pupils being nice and cheerful, for headspace, for podcasts, for dd meeting me off the bus, for dh prepping tea so we just had to pop it in the oven and set the timer, for dh doing a wash (usually only happens when pigs are airborne).
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Robi90
    Robi90 Posts: 101 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Checking in again :j

NSDs - Spent over the weekend and today but planning on my NSDs Tues-Thurs this week.

Organise - organised my room and prepared all my lunches for work this week.

Exercise -Ran my first 10 k on Saturday so I'm taking it easy this week but I have a gym induction booked in for Thursday

Mental health - Mood has been quite good since completing my race on Saturday. Just trying to stay calm and focused at work.

Be Christmas ready - Haven't thought anymore about this. Might see if i can get my hands on that cheese advent calendar from ASDA.

Eat well - Was eating pretty well before my race having a lot of porridge with honey for breakfast. Had grilled chicken with sweet potato and asparagus for lunch today..

What I'm grateful for - Grateful for completing the 10k and being able to have nice, quiet nights in
    [STRIKE]£799 - FD Personal Loan[/STRIKE] :beer:[STRIKE]£500/ £500 FD Overdraft[/STRIKE] :beer: [STRIKE]£5700/£5700 MBNA credit card[/STRIKE]:beer:
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Day 6
    NSD number 4/20
    Exercise - Took my time walking.
    Organise - Did my to do list. Achieved what I had on it. Sorted out a routine for a work task.
    Mental Health - Having an early night to get enough rest. Did some gentle shoulder and neck exercises to try and release the tension. Still going through my book and study guide.
    Grateful for:
    An early night.
    Getting through the day.
    Autumn leaves on the trees.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • laurenh1
    I have been panicking im slipping behind with house work etc. So i have made a list of jobs I need to do this week and ill aim to do a couple per day. Tonight I sorted all the kids toys and books while watching TV :) tomorrow ill phone sky on my lunch and sort my clothes in the evening :o feeling more organised and less overwhelmed.

Went for a run:j i'll aim to go further tomorrow.

Feeling greatful for- a reliable car (last winter I had no such luxury) , being bought a chocolate bar at work (saved it for hub :A) and for my boy making progress with his potty training! :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure