Buffy Keeps on the Straight and Narrow

Hello,

I used to post here loads and loads, I have been debt free since 2011 but I am due dental work (yes finally!) and need glasses and work done on the car, the house and the garden so am going to do a 0% balance transfer if I can time everything right and then work very hard on paying it off.

I do have some savings but they are staying as an emergency fund, I like the security they give me. Plus they may well not be enough. In the back of my mind I think I am due a tax rebate as well, not had time to investigate yet.

Some things have changed and some things stay the same. As a family we are having a very hard time and that is partly why I am back, I need a reminder not spend all the time and to try to find the cheapest ways to do things. Especially eating.

Lately I have been buying things from Amazon like it doesn't cost me a thing and do not even get me started on the contactless payment option.....it is really bad!!

I get paid tomorrow so a little sort out of the budgets and then an investigation of 0% BT offers.

Love

Buffy
Nevertheless she persisted.

Comments

• Welcome back Buffy x
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • Hi Buffy,

Happy new shiny diary.

Welcome back xx
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Welcome back Buffy

Happy new diary x
  • Hello,

thanks for the welcome :)

I should be paying for my car tax and sorting out my banking but I am so knackered today!

Got to go to the hospital soon. best get on.
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Welcome back Buffy! Happy new diary! Sorry to read your family is going through the mill at the moment and hope things improve for you all soon

Mrs H x
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • Hi,

I love your name! My cat is called Biffy!
    I also have a bad habit of online shopping! Last week, I ordered a bargain silver sequin jacket on sale from Mango because i was a bargain! It was beautiful when it arrived but I then saw sense and returned it. I'm now excited to be getting a refund!

Good luck!
    Total: Debt July '17 -£23,806.33 - now
    -£16,910 (£6896 or 28.9% paid)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,833
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Hey Buffster.
    Good to see you.
    You remember to take care of you xxx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,833
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    & agree that contactless is way way to easy :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Hello,

Got paid today. Good

BIL is still stable in intensive care - which is stressful but good.

Spent 15 quid on ready meals........not good.

Also spent money on lunch.

I have 500 pounds to last me the next 5 weeks. sounds like a lot. however under the current circumstances I am not sure. It costs 3.10 a day in travel which is 300ish of the 500.

then plus food out (yes, but the rest of the family buy stuff and it is part of the routine so I will have to buy some each day)

Plus I have the vets to pay for. hmm.

Good news tho, I have paid my car tax and have 391 saved for Christmas. ( and 4000 in my emergency fund but am not supposed to be touching that)

It is 11.15 nearly. I will think about this tomorrow.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I have 500 pounds to last me the next 5 weeks. sounds like a lot. however under the current circumstances I am not sure. It costs 3.10 a day in travel which is 300ish of the 500.
    £3.10 a day for 35 days is £108.50, nowhere near "300ish"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport