Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Comments

• maman wrote: »

I don't do FB so I didn't get to see the photos.:(:(:(

we haven't had many back yet just a sample - when I have some more I'll try and figure out photobucket or similar so I can share one here :)

I actually said to my consultant on the Thursday before that I wouldn't feel half as comfortable as I did with what I'd managed to lose if I didn't have this support as well as her :) definitely key members of my slimming world family :)

excited to see what the scales say tonight as they are usually within half a lb of my home scales and I want to know how well I've managed to do since getting home...my scales suggest pretty good compared to what I'd expect!
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,551 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 13 October 2016 at 7:38PM
    Maman - no need to buy cider vinegar as red or white wine vinegar will do the job just as well - it's just for the acid really rather than the flavour. I've got loads of vinegars as I bring them back from France with me!

Had an absolute miracle at the scales this morning as I managed a STS which is brilliant after the week I've had. Definitely going to do better this week and lose some of that holiday gain!!!

Today's Green plan:

B - grapes after WI
    L - scrambled eggs on toast (was late back so wanted something quick)
    D - chickpea, aubergine & sweet potato curry with rice; mini naan bread - need to check syns but probably no more than 5.
    S - Laughing Cow on toast

HEA1 - milk
    HEA2 - Laughing Cow Light
    HEB 1 & 2 - WM bread

Denise

PS Have now checked syns and it was a shocking 9.5 syns! DH picked up a brand name instead of SM own brand which would only have been 6.5. Even DH commented "you could have had a 2 small glasses of wine for that!"
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello again.
    I was just having a look at the week’s SW menu; on day 6 there were pork escalopes with swede mash and it mentions mustard sauce but there’s no recipe for this. The link is http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/healthy-eating/non-vegetarian/day-6.aspx Can anyone help with that?
    Thursday

Pre-Breakfast: banana
    Breakfast: hexb roll, bacon, poached egg, asparagus, light mayo (1)
    Lunch: crustless quiche (mushrooms, smoked ham, syboes), salad leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, ff vinaigrette (1)
    Snack: Tunnock’s Teacake (5)
    Dinner: chicken thighs in Chicken Tonight Spanish Chicken sauce (3), potatoes, corn cob, asparagus
    Snacks: hexa cheese and grapes

Syns used: 10 Syns saved: 5 (put towards yesterday’s excesses) Syns carried forward: 0 Syns balance: 0

Good luck all.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • **:ocreeps back in :o**

Hellooo everyone long time no see. Sorry I haven't been posting in a long while but life just got in the way and I had a few health issues that had to be sorted. I just really struggled to keep up with you all. However one of our lovely members very kindly gave me the nudge I needed to start posting again. Thank you (you know who you are ;)).

Well I'm delighted to tell you all that I am still within target after five months which is some sort of record for me and now feeling much healthier than I have been in a long while. I'm finding that I still go to class each week as I know how easy it is for me to stray.

I'm not going to manage to read through all the posts I've missed but I will try to keep up as we go along. Lovely to see loads of the 'old' faces are still here and I hope you are all well. I'm looking forward to getting to know all the new people that I have joined.

b_e_g
    SPC NO 041

STARTED SW 04/14 - TARGET 05/16 - TOTAL LOSS 10ST 3.5LBS :dance:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,118 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    b e g ~~ Good to see you.
    Great news on still being at target.
    Take care.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • BettyBoof
    BettyBoof Posts: 258 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Greentiger there is a recipe for pork escalopes and swede mash in my Extra Easy book. Aside from the pork and the swede, the recipe calls for:
    300ml boiling chicken stock
    1/2 tsp mustard powder mixed with 1 tsp water
    1 level tbsp wholegrain mustard
    100g fat free fromage frais
    2tsp dried tarragon

So after making the mash and cooking the pork escalopes you remove the escalopes from the pan and keep warm. Then add the stock and both mustards to the same pan, stir well and boil rapidly for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the fromage frais and tarragon. Divide the mash, top with the pork and spoon over the sauce.

Hope that helps!
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    THanks. Betty, that's great!

Good to see you back, b_e_g.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Morning everyone.
    shala_moo wrote: »
    Thanks Lois, I forgot about the book, did you try the cake, was it nice?

I think the syns from our xmas cake comes from tub of cherries I end up eating as I'm making it and the copious amount of brandy I feed it with :rotfl:

It was lovely and moist, but not really Christmas cake as we know it - I wouldn't offer it to non-SW friends and family, put it that way. As someone else said, better to have a small piece of the real thing and count the syns.
    greentiger wrote: »
    Hello again.
    I was just having a look at the week’s SW menu; on day 6 there were pork escalopes with swede mash and it mentions mustard sauce but there’s no recipe for this. The link is http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/healthy-eating/non-vegetarian/day-6.aspx Can anyone help with that?

It's a bit naff to put something in the menu without more details on how to make it. I even checked by searching for it in the recipes section but it wasn't there.

My mouth is still watering at the sight of the cream cheese and smoked salmon omelette that was on the same page! :drool:
    Well I'm delighted to tell you all that I am still within target after five months which is some sort of record for me and now feeling much healthier than I have been in a long while. I'm finding that I still go to class each week as I know how easy it is for me to stray.

Welcome back b_e_g. Well done for maintaining for 5 months, particularly with other issues going on in your life. You're doing the right thing by going to group every week, it keeps your mind focussed and you're an inspiration to other class members too. There are quite a few target members in my group who go every week however when I went to group before the target members tended to weigh and go which meant you didn't have that wealth of experience to tap into.

It's bitterly cold here this morning - I've got double layers on, I'm sat next to the heater and it's still cold in the shop. I keep doing laps to try and warm up a bit. :rotfl:

Have a great weekend everyone.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,565 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Lois_Lane wrote: »
    It's bitterly cold here this morning - I've got double layers on, I'm sat next to the heater and it's still cold in the shop. I keep doing laps to try and warm up a bit. :rotfl:

It's all Body Magic! Close you eyes and think of...Spain!:D

Great to see you back b-e-g and delighted you've stayed at target while you've been away.:A

Having managed a syn free day yesterday I'm planning how to tighten up today. I'm drinking plenty of water, well on my way to 2 litres. I've put NAS Ribena on my shopping list so that I can substitute hot squash for some teas to make sure I stay within my HEA. Tonight I'm not having wine syns to balance off the ones I shouldn't have had on Wednesday:o. We're going to the theatre so it'll be easier and I'm not having ice cream in the interval either. I've done my meal plan for the week and I've got another syn free day planned.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, ham, 2 fried eggs, half HEB toast, tomato, mushrooms, HEA milk for drinks
    L: LO hash, pickled cabbage
    D: smoked haddock, SW chips, green stuff (and mushrooms and tomato if I get the shop done).
    Syns: NONE!

DH proudly said he's only done one slice of toast this morning because he wants to help me. Then he said he doesn't think I'll want to have Crunchie at football on Sunday. That may be a step too far!;)
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,551 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Well done B-E-G to maintaining with everything else which has been going on. Going to group definitely helps to keep you focussed.

The healthy christmas cake doesn't sound worth bothering about but then again I'm not overly keen on the real thing anyway!

Annoyed about having more than expected syns with the naan bread yesterday but I still saved a few syns towards the weekend.

Today's plan:

B - beans on toast (2 slices of crustless so can have a piece of toast this evening!)
    L - LO roast chicken with salad - loads of Speed
    D - Fish pasta bake with white fish, salmon, smoked haddock & prawns; sauce 4 syns. Will serve with some green stuff
    S - toast & laughing cow light (1 syn)

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - sauce 4; laughing cow light 1; 2 small glasses of wine 10

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts