Universal Job Match at http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk

Comments

• john539
    john539 Posts: 16,966 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    ArtoDeeto wrote: »
    It is mandatory to set up an account but no you cannot be forced to give the Jobcentre access.
    Not everything is visible to JCP - ie they can't see your password etc. Yes you can be 'matched' to jobs and hence have to apply but that is exactly the same as now.
    You can also make a log of any jobs you apply for that are not on the site hence you would no longer need to submit a written list.

I don't understand why anyone would have a problem with it? The only time I would worry is if I was not bothering to look for a job. And if you refuse access it might appear that is the reason?
    Who says it's mandatory ?

Would you give someone access to your bank account, email account, facebook account, MSE account ?

In fact, nowhere have I ever seen such a setup of dual access on a private confidential account.

You're not refusing, you're giving them permission to access, which is up to you.
    You don't need to explain, justify or discuss further why you aren't giving permission.

Privacy, data protection, data use.
    It's a private account.
  • If you tick the consent box you will be giving the DWP permission to monitor at all times your account...they will be able to impose job vacancies on you at any time and if you do not apply your Benefit will be stopped for 3 months min.
    Also check your Jobseekers Agreement...the A4 sheet you get at the New Claims Interview .... that the words,' I give permission for Jobcentreplus to have access to my account' are not printed anywhere, as if you have signed this you are again liable.
    The new Sanctions ( penalties ) regime is going to be implemented by Universal Jobmatch and the Jobcentre can remotely take action against you for Actively Seeking or Being Available through monitoring you account.
    The monitoring aim is to stop your Benefit , not to assist you to get a job!
  • MissSarah1972
    MissSarah1972 Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    edited 18 November 2012 at 3:07PM
    ArtoDeeto wrote: »
    It is mandatory to set up an account but no you cannot be forced to give the Jobcentre access.
    Not everything is visible to JCP - ie they can't see your password etc. Yes you can be 'matched' to jobs and hence have to apply but that is exactly the same as now.
    You can also make a log of any jobs you apply for that are not on the site hence you would no longer need to submit a written list.

I don't understand why anyone would have a problem with it? The only time I would worry is if I was not bothering to look for a job. And if you refuse access it might appear that is the reason?
    So you work for the DWP or the JC? You must do if you know this?

Some times even now the how to apply details are not even in the job adverts on http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk so I bet you have to sign up in order to apply or you will not be able to.

If the JCP won't know your log in how are they going to check the jobs you have applied for? Plius does anyone really think they are going to have the time to do this?

If you no longer have to bring a written list with you because of this so called log you can make that means they will have to log in to everyones acct when they sign and I have been told by lots of advisers they have no net access.

I do not see how this is going to help people in their job search but lets see.
  • STAVROS
    STAVROS Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    In reply to Artodeeto, I disagree. The difference is now you can only be 'Matched' to a job that could disqualify you from Benefit when you actually attend the Jobcentre and you have agreed with the official that you will apply for that job.With Universal Jobmatch you can be 'Matched' to a vacancy at any time day or night and if you don't apply by the end date of the vacancy your Benefit will be stopped for 3 months min.
    Also under the new Sanctions Regime you are supposed to be hunting for a job 35 hours per week...If your profile is being monitored and they think that this is not the case your Benefit will be stopped.
    Give permission for your Universal Jobmatch account to be monitored?!~~~~It's a no brainer!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Eurgh the new site is horrible to use, much preferred the previous version :(
  • I guess they're using universal jobmatch cos we'll soon have universal credit

Yes, I understand it's a watered down version of what's in US, There I believe you have to be registered and access allowed by advisers to get benefits

Yes - Monster have set up site. allows participants to apply to JCP advertised vacancies ( not every job on offer in UK ) and to post CV, But if employers aren't looking there as it's not been advertised to them it won't be a great success.

Unclear as to whether voluntary or mandatory. I hear that advisers can direct participants to register / allow access. If participants do not follow direction and if Decision Making Action ( DMA) sent to Decision Maker and then confirmed may cause JSA suspension. - can't remember what new sanction banding that falls into.
    DON'T PANIC - yet.
  • Jobmatch is up and running - just logged in
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I can't log in :(

Also can't search via the old parameters of 16-30 hours, can't find any information on HOW to apply for the jobs, and can't search via the old list of possible job titles. It also crashes nearly everytime i click on anything.

I'm assuming this is all just teething problems though
  • LOL

https://jobsearch.direct.gov.uk/register.aspx?redirect=http%3a%2f%2fjobsearch.direct.gov.uk%2fhome.aspx

I did a search and clicked on a job its its broken - only gave me 6 jobs in a 20 mile radius in accounts.
  • I can't log in :(

Also can't search via the old parameters of 16-30 hours, can't find any information on HOW to apply for the jobs, and can't search via the old list of possible job titles. It also crashes nearly everytime i click on anything.

I'm assuming this is all just teething problems though
    same here, like your net connetion has gone offline

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

What you can try:

Diagnose Connection Problems

[URL="res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm#"][IMG]res://ieframe.dll/down.png[/IMG][/URL]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure