Universal Job Match at http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk

MissSarah1972
MissSarah1972 Posts: 1,648 Forumite
edited 13 November 2012 at 11:56AM in Employment, jobseeking & training
Job seekers have you seen this

http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/homepage.aspx?sessionid=cc555fef-a493-4f43-a8fb-cf29842f1e01&pid=2

It says:

Universal Jobmatch is coming on 19 November 2012.
Universal Jobmatch will replace the Jobs and Skills service and will make looking for jobs easier and quicker. You will be able to build or upload a CV online and Universal Jobmatch will automatically match your CV to jobs posted on the service.
Watch out for this new service launching and use it to find the job you want.

A few weeks ago someone said that the job centre was going to keep a check of all your applications (or something like that) online and I guess this is what they meant but not totally true. It seems it's just going to be just like any other job board. Maybe like Indeed where the job links take you to another site but I guess we will know for sure when the 19th November comes.

Edit

More here http://www.dwp.gov.uk/adviser/updates/universal-jobmatch/

Ah ha on page 2 here

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/universal-jobmatch-faqs.pdf

It says:
Allows the JCP adviser access to all your job activity record

I am right to assume then that EVERY single job advertised on the net will be on this site? Probably not eh. Then it's going to be rubbish as it will out do sites like Monster, Reed, Jobsite etc and I can't see those sites allowing that to happen.

So nice to know that the JC have told everyone about this new site.

Comments

• 1940sGal
    1940sGal Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    I heard that it would be like indeed et al where you upload a CV and employers can search them instead of posting a job or the job centre can match you to a job based on your CV. I don't think it will make a massive difference tbh.
  • 1940sGal wrote: »
    I heard that it would be like indeed et al where you upload a CV and employers can search them instead of posting a job or the job centre can match you to a job based on your CV. I don't think it will make a massive difference tbh.
    The JC can see all the jobs you apply via the site so it says when you register.

Not every job will be advertised there as it can not be.
  • Daedalus
    Daedalus Posts: 4,253 Forumite
    Not every job will be advertised there as it can not be.

Of course not. But spending 30 mins a day on the site allows you the other 7 hours looking for the more elusive jobs, spending time tailoring CVs etc.
  • MissSarah1972
    edited 13 November 2012 at 12:58PM
    Daedalus wrote: »
    Of course not. But spending 30 mins a day on the site allows you the other 7 hours looking for the more elusive jobs, spending time tailoring CVs etc.
    It does say they can see all your activity when that's not true if all your activity is not happening there.

Why the name the Universal Job Match as it's a bit misleading.

I wonder if they are are going to get better jobs on there - people who will actually apply or take the application seriously.
  • Daedalus
    It does say they can see all your activity when that's not true if all your activity is not happening there.

Why the name the Universal Job Match as it's a bit misleading.

I wonder if they are are going to get better jobs on there - people who will actually apply or take the application seriously.

They can see all you activities on the website. Like indeed is the site they demand everyone check, this will hope to over take indeed so they can monitor that you are on the site daily, for how long, how many jobs you actually applied for etc.

They will still encourage you to use friends and family to find vacancies before they exist, still to look in all the normal places.

It is a name, it is to be catchy. 'Universal but not quite universal job match doesn't work'.

If it is like indeed then they will link you to the companies website to apply via that, so you apply like everyone else via their website.

You need to realise that what people say should not always be taken literally. The JC will say 'You need to attend all interviews offered, we will check up', reality they can't check everyone and wouldn't even know you have an interview.
  • Daedalus wrote: »
    They can see all you activities on the website. Like indeed is the site they demand everyone check, this will hope to over take indeed so they can monitor that you are on the site daily, for how long, how many jobs you actually applied for etc.

They will still encourage you to use friends and family to find vacancies before they exist, still to look in all the normal places.

It is a name, it is to be catchy. 'Universal but not quite universal job match doesn't work'.

If it is like indeed then they will link you to the companies website to apply via that, so you apply like everyone else via their website.

You need to realise that what people say should not always be taken literally. The JC will say 'You need to attend all interviews offered, we will check up', reality they can't check everyone and wouldn't even know you have an interview.

No one has ever demanded me to look at Indeed (I found that site myself years ago). In fact when I first went to sign on I provided them with a list of at least 20 sites I was using and they were gobsmacked and just went 'oh this is a lot'

They are only going to see what you are doing if in fact you register. This may be not even be optional as contact details may not even show up so therefore not allowing you to contact the employer direct.

Indeed dont just link you to employers but agencies too.

I am still amazed that the JC think they have the most job adverts compared to every other site on the entire internet! LOL

I know the advisers you sign with have no internet access so would love to know who is going to check all this as even my written job searched have not been looked at for over 6 weeks.
  • csmw
    csmw Posts: 579
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Yet another attack on the job centre I see.... Maybe if you spent as much time job searching as you do moaning about the job centre you would have a job by now.

Oh and by the way ALL advisors have access to the Internet!
  • Daedalus
    No one has ever demanded me to look at Indeed (I found that site myself years ago). In fact when I first went to sign on I provided them with a list of at least 20 sites I was using and they were gobsmacked and just went 'oh this is a lot'

They are only going to see what you are doing if in fact you register. This may be not even be optional as contact details may not even show up so therefore not allowing you to contact the employer direct.

Indeed dont just link you to employers but agencies too.

I am still amazed that the JC think they have the most job adverts compared to every other site on the entire internet! LOL

I know the advisers you sign with have no internet access so would love to know who is going to check all this as even my written job searched have not been looked at for over 6 weeks.

I have no idea what you are chatting about. A site as comprehensive as indeed but owned entirely by the JC will give the JC a lot more information, both of jobs that are available and whether claimants are looking. It will without doubt become one of your job search criteria to check the new site.
  • MissSarah1972
    edited 13 November 2012 at 2:09PM
    csmw wrote: »
    Yet another attack on the job centre I see.... Maybe if you spent as much time job searching as you do moaning about the job centre you would have a job by now.

Oh and by the way ALL advisors have access to the Internet!
    I spend at least 10 hours a day actaully and if that was the case when I told them to check my applications online she replied 'we have no access to do so'
    A lie I guess.

Aren't you meant to be working? Oh no, you are on the net!
  • Daedalus wrote: »
    I have no idea what you are chatting about. A site as comprehensive as indeed but owned entirely by the JC will give the JC a lot more information, both of jobs that are available and whether claimants are looking. It will without doubt become one of your job search criteria to check the new site.
    The site address will be the same so as my job agreement says I look every day - no difference there.

Lets just see if it is comprehensive as any site on the net.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure