PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Decluttering 2012, this year, definitely ...

Comments

• I'm in on the decluttering - I'm going to do the ditching 100 items, but I won't officially opt in till hubby is home and baby is otherwise occupied! I love the simpler life calendar from a few pages back, and I'm definitely going to read her blog once a day - I like her style of getting one thing sorted at a time and forgetting about the perfection thing. I love reading all your posts - you're making me so motivated (whilst baby sleeps on my lap).
    MFW start date:22.6.13 - £138555 9.7.13 - £125937
    MFD: [STRIKE]November 2039[/STRIKE] October 2035

2013 OP: £14172
    2014 OP aim: £0/£3000
  • I managed to get rid of some meals from the freezer. Not clutter as such but it's something else gone. Also managed to get rid of a few things in the kitchen I had forgotten about so another 2 to strike off my list, taking me up to 13. YAY!

I'm just chilling watching TV with the little guy at the moment but will do some of the wardrobe later (I can't come back yet again without having started ot, I'm being shamed into it ;))
    Credit Card: £796 Left/£900 October 2011 :eek:
    Store Card: £100 October 2011 :o
    Declutter 100 Things In January 100/100:j:beer:
    No Buying Toiletries 2012
  • MummyEm
    MummyEm Posts: 574 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I've got rid a a whole carrier bag full of clothing that was too tired for CS. DS's school collect them for fundraising. They have a big metal bank you can chuck them in. I have steadily been getting rid of a bag most weeks but we still seem over run with clothes we don't wear any more.

Also returned a skirt to DD's school friend that she somehow ended up coming home with last term. Have also got rid of some paperwork but that will be back in a day or two for me to process and get sent off, so only really a temporary declutter.

I need to clear out my wardrobe but need to build up to that. I have loads of clothes but v much I actually want and enjoy wearing. I am stuck in a rut. I should get rid of the bits I don't like but don't have the money to replace them so I keep them even though I don't wear them, just to make myself feel better I guess!

Bought some new bras this morning but some I bought don't fit so will need to be returned. I now need to clear out my undies drawer as I have loads of bras in there that don't fit, some with matching undies and tags still on them :eek: I feel some ebaying coming on...

Off to try on everything in that drawer so I can put together another recycling bag, one ebay pile and one keep pile of bits that do fit!
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Ditch 100 in January Challenge

Oh dear i may need to disqualify myself from the challenge judging by the state of my living room. This morning I took delivery of an Ocado delivery (£20 off voucher), a king size mattress (memory foam from Grabbit board) and 3 boxes from Approved Foods. Ironically DH doesn't approve of those, despite most of them being full of ready to wok noodles which he mostly eats. He will just glower I think, until I get it all put away. So now I have an old king size mattress to get rid of as well as everything else. last time, a mattress went very well on Freecycle because I had a memory foam topper, but although this has one too I'm planning to cut it up to two singles to put on the childrens' beds. Has anyone ever tried that?
  • ruby_eskimo
    ruby_eskimo Posts: 4,526 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I think I really need to join this too! I might be moving in with the OH soon and I still have boxes from when I came home from uni 3 YEARS ago that HAVE NOT BEEN OPENED since then! Obviously this is stuff that I don't need so it can go! Going to get a start on it now!
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • SavingJane
    SavingJane Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    That's the cuboard under the bookcase done 3 bags of rubbish and an old bank file box so that brings me to 16 I think goes to update sig
    Mummy to Lewis Born Aug 10
  • Willow92
    Willow92 Posts: 2,186 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Didn't do what I said I'd do yesterday :o
    Savings £8,865.22 £/15,000 Aiming to save enough for a house deposit.
  • SavingJane
    SavingJane Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    Another item gone, an old glitter pen that dried up
    Mummy to Lewis Born Aug 10
  • beadgirl87
    beadgirl87 Posts: 193 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello,
    This is a great thread, I have just read up to page 6 in my break from declutting today.
    I have spent yesterday and today cleaning and sorting out the house and starting to tire a bit, but there is so much to do still.
    Big jobs done so far
    -Washed sofa covers
    -Hoovered floor and done stain removal on some areas
    -Sorted out all toiletries, put all the ones I use in an accessable basket and have a basket of all the spares under the bed for when I have to replenish. I shouldn't have to buy anything new for months!
    -I have been ruthless with the hundreds of empty boxes I seem to collect. Every new item I buy I have kept the box! Only boxes I have kept are my printer box (for if I move house to transport it in) and phone box.
    -Got rid of old sheets which I don't need as have too many.
    -I have pulled everything out from under my bed and am halfway through sorting it.

I stilll have to
    -Sort out craft stuff and decide what to do with it.
    -Reconstruct bed
    -Clear out bookcase and sell some books
    -Price up some dvds to sell
    -Sort paperwork into folders
    -Defrost freezer :(
    June 10/10 NSD
    Owe [STRIKE]£571[/STRIKE] £0 :) lloyds credit card [STRIKE]£1500[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£1030[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£400[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£170[/STRIKE] £0 :) overdraft
    [STRIKE]£6400[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£6049[/STRIKE] £5949 Barclays Loan.
    [STRIKE]£2290[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£1760 [/STRIKE] £1560 Car.
  • prepareathome
    prepareathome Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Opps I never put DITCH IN JANUARY in my last post so here it is so you know I would like to be counted - not done any today as bad sinus headache, instead been out and bought more storage boxes ready to be used along with a treadmill as old one fell to bits but I put it outside months ago and sure enough some kind scrap man knocked and asked if he could take it......
    Need to get back to getting finances under control now kin kid at uni as savings are zilch

Fashion on a ration coupon 2021 - 21 left
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport