PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Knitters Thread

Comments

• OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    cuddles123 wrote: »
    Thanks kinkine :j

Love the first one, but can only find it in Finnish :rotfl:

Should have mentioned that I have never tried circular needles, so reluctant to try for the first time on this :o

Catwoman - thought of that but my daughter specifically wants a Guernsey style jumper.

What is Guernsey Style ?
    Have you tried searching for patterns in charity shops as you often find childrens patterns there ?
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• berrybug
    berrybug Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    cuddles 123 I have just finished a jumper for my wee grandson it is a drop shoulder with opening on the shoulder the pattern i used is peter gregory 7197 sorry if i am not allowed to print that information but i am new not sure of whats all allowed yet would put on a picture if i knew how but i will learn i hope pattern size is chest 14 to 22
    I pray for patience as strength might just get me in trouble !!!!
  • NannyJanny
    NannyJanny Posts: 173 Forumite
    Afternoon,
    Sirdar Little Brits book has a boys rib and cable hat and sweater with buttons on shoulder. Know booklets are dearer, but you get 16 patterns with sizes from newborn to age 7. Or you could probably get the pattern individually. Ref no. is 369 for the book
  • cuddles123
    cuddles123 Posts: 1,381 Forumite
    Thanks everyone - will have a look at the ones suggested.
    Was just hoping to get an online one I can read first, rather than buy something that I may not be able to knit.

This is Guernsey style...

http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&source=imghp&biw=1090&bih=497&q=guernsey+sweater&gbv=2&aq=7&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=Guernsey+
    :oJack of all trades ... Master of none :o
  • cuddles123
    Almost forgot about my other request from my Grandson's Daddy.
    He had something like this as a child and fancies one for his son.
    Anyone know of a free pattern?

(Again I would like to read before I start to make sure I can manage it)
  • kinkine
    kinkine Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks kinkine :j

Love the first one, but can only find it in Finnish :rotfl:

Should have mentioned that I have never tried circular needles, so reluctant to try for the first time on this :o

Catwoman - thought of that but my daughter specifically wants a Guernsey style jumper.

Cuddles123 - sorry about that, I never noticed. :rotfl:However, I have google toolbar and I went back to the link, picked up the pattern and Google offered to translate it. I'm not sure if I can get the English version over to you (I'll have to ask my daughter, who is the techie in our house) but you could always download the toolbar, translate it and then uninstall it.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,996 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    facebook has a translator... there are several online.. google homepage has one... you don't need to download anything
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • cuddles123
    kinkine wrote: »
    Cuddles123 - sorry about that, I never noticed. :rotfl:However, I have google toolbar and I went back to the link, picked up the pattern and Google offered to translate it. I'm not sure if I can get the English version over to you (I'll have to ask my daughter, who is the techie in our house) but you could always download the toolbar, translate it and then uninstall it.

Thank you - I translated with Bing - absolutely hilarious. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Not sure I could follow the pattern, but I've certainly had a good laugh ;)

All of the songs from the edges of the border has been calculated according to the loop, which always worked correctly. Supports and February knitting the border loop always begin from the inside.

To start, such as the back piece. Please Note! After the start of the loop on the right edge of the mattress with eye pattern in order to strike out. When the height is the same as the joustimen takakappaleessa, to start in February and the pattern knitting plaît.
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thank you - I translated with Bing - absolutely hilarious. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Not sure I could follow the pattern, but I've certainly had a good laugh ;)

All of the songs from the edges of the border has been calculated according to the loop, which always worked correctly. Supports and February knitting the border loop always begin from the inside.

To start, such as the back piece. Please Note! After the start of the loop on the right edge of the mattress with eye pattern in order to strike out. When the height is the same as the joustimen takakappaleessa, to start in February and the pattern knitting plaît.

Ho hum lol, a 'bit' hard to follow!! x
    Had a look about for you but not found anything decent/free as yet!
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• Hi.
    First time posting in here...everybody's projects are so good I felt a little intimidated :o
    But, have decided to post the blanket I've just finished for my new niece or nephew (anytime in the next week!!!)
    I got the pattern from the lionbrand site. C&C are welcome
    It has a crocheted head, and I just did a garter stitch blanket instead of the sc, because I thought it would be softer and more 'cuddly'
    151450_04Mar11_IMG_9423.JPG
    151450_04Mar11_IMG_9419.JPG
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport