Pip Tribunal success backdated ESA???

Hi everyone,hope I am in the right place. When my husbands Pip renewal was declined in October, it affected his ESA payment as well.

We have now been to tribunal for PIP and won and had his PIP money reinstated and backdated to October, but we still haven't heard anything from ESA.

I know they tell each other information, because when PIP stopped, ESA changed the week after.

Just wondering should we be getting in touch (hard to get through, have tried) or will it just come in time.
no longer miserable in debt.... :T but dont know how to change my id!!:beer:

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,847
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Hi everyone,hope I am in the right place. When my husbands Pip renewal was declined in October, it affected his ESA payment as well.

We have now been to tribunal for PIP and won and had his PIP money reinstated and backdated to October, but we still haven't heard anything from ESA.

I know they tell each other information, because when PIP stopped, ESA changed the week after.

Just wondering should we be getting in touch (hard to get through, have tried) or will it just come in time.
    I don't understand this because PIP and ESA are completely different benefits. Did he have an ESA assessment?
  • tomtom256
    tomtom256 Posts: 2,208
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Presumably it was the disability premiums you lost?

Just call ESA and advise PIP now back in payment and they should sort it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure