Crafty Bargain of the Day!

Comments

• The_Cre8tor
    The_Cre8tor Posts: 108 Forumite
    edited 30 October 2013 at 9:45AM
    Another crafty bargain ... this time from Tesco's in their childrens crafting section.

I was on the look out for some pretty, Christmassy feeling, buttons and although I'd found red and green all over the place, they didn't have the right colour for what I was looking for. They were all really quite dark greens and deep reds, where-as I wanted something a little lighter and brighter. I found the perfect ones in Tescos. Three little bags of beautiful, glossy (proper) buttons, for £1.25, and in lovely, soft but bright colours, and with a sort of pearlescent finish to them. A good amount of buttons for that price too.

While I'm here ... On one of my craft desks I've had a big A2 cutting mat which I've used for donkey's years. I bought it ages ago from The Works, and I've used and used it until there are now bit's of metal showing through in parts. I've been on the look out for a new one for months but could never find a really big one like this. But .. popped into town the other day and had a peep in The Works to see if they had any in stock and just casually asked the assistant if they had any ... I'm really glad I did because they had A2 mats but they weren't on easy 'seeable' display. They'd got hidden behind some big art folders.

My original one bought from them was a Crimson and Blake, but this new one isn't - and I haven't given it a proper test yet so can't really 'give it a score out of ten' properly at the moment - but if anyone else likes to use a bigger than norm mat then take a look in The Works to see what they've got. This A2 I now have here was £7.99. (It has measurement markings in cm down two sides). They had other sizes too, but didn't see the prices on those.
    Remember: however thin you slice something, there are always two sides to everything.
  • Battybird
    Battybird Posts: 315
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 11 November 2013 at 9:41PM
    We visited the Liverpool, Edge Lane carboot/market yesterday and I bought some Tatty Teddy 3D Christmas cards. They cost £1 each or a pack of 6 for £5, a lot cheaper than prices I've seen on the internet.

(you may wonder why I've written on this thread, it's because when I give my crafty neighbour one of these cards, I'm sure she will save the front of this card and make something wonderful to put it on next year.)

You will not appreciate at all what the cards are like, looking at pictures on the internet. The depth of the 3D is fantastic. I love them.

The stall holder was also selling 3D birthday cards, and I wish I'd thought to buy some.
  • I bought a gorgeous book yesterday at a craft fair. It is "Little Christmas decorations to knit and crochet" by Sue Stratford and Val Pierce.

If you look on Ama*on website, you will be able to see picture inside the book.

Looked on the internet last night and saw that "the book people" website is selling the book for only £3.99.

(Though you would have to pay postage and packing unless you are spending over £25, unless there are any free delivery codes anywhere?)

It is a lovely hard backed book, and I think would make a smashing present.
  • sue2010
    sue2010 Posts: 55
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    been to our local 99p Store today and picked up a nice xmas polycotton fabric table cloth 90 x 90 cm, they also had tea towels and runners. Bought the table cloth just so I could chop it up and have some xmas fabric though!! :)
    http://99pstoresltd.com/2013/11/table-cover.html
  • I found a market stall nearby that sells any card you can think of!! They do deals like Payperbox or Papermill where you can fill a box for £6.99!! I did and got about 100 odd sheets of 200 gsm printable white card and about 50 sheets of plain black card (same weight) Well worth it and NO p & p!!!!
  • glynisrose wrote: »
    I found a market stall nearby that sells any card you can think of!! They do deals like Payperbox or Papermill where you can fill a box for £6.99!! I did and got about 100 odd sheets of 200 gsm printable white card and about 50 sheets of plain black card (same weight) Well worth it and NO p & p!!!!

Please can I ask nearby where? (though understand if you don't want to say.) My friend buys a lot of Papermill card, so may be interested if in the North West.
  • Sorry, Midlands.
  • qwiksave
    qwiksave Posts: 4,456
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Just to let crafty folk know, Create and Craft channel has free postage until midnight Thursday. :money:
    I don't want to make money, I just want to be wonderful
    Marilyn Monroe
  • Aw thanks Quicksave! :kiss: I'd have missed that.
    I'm going to get my wish list out and see how much crafty pocket money I've got left!

yes .. I honestly do have a crafting wish list.
    It's currently running at a page and a half long, in a 'reporters' note book,
    <sigh. tsk tsk.> ...and I cross things off as I can afford to buy them. (but more often than not, I'm adding things to the darn thing!)
    Remember: however thin you slice something, there are always two sides to everything.
  • For all you die-cutters out there the Sizzix mega sale has started on their website.
    Use your stuff challenge 50/50
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport