Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Flybe ONLY

Options

Comments

• Annie_Page
    Options
    My flight was delayed from Exeter to Manchester in July by about 4 1/2 hours (the plane coming in had a technical problem apparently) - I used their own claim forms and just heard back offering me a £75 voucher.

Having found this site I've sent back rejecting that offer and using the template have replied regarding the EU Regulation.

I will wait to hear what they come back with - but my understanding is that it should be 250 Euro's which I can take as cash and don't have to accept vouchers.

If I've got this wrong can someone let me know!!

Thank you
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You are correct and if they didn't give you any vouchers for food and you bought your own and kept the receipt you can claim that back as well.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    And also report/complaint to the CAA for non-compliance of reg 261/2004.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • big_pimple_0000
    Options
    Hi all,

After reading the flight compensation instructions I though I'd give it a go, but unfortunately it has been rejected.
    The situation was our 9:50am flight was cancelled (apparently due to weather) and this is the response of the airline too.

My issue is that rather than put us on any other the other 3 flights to BHX that day, they left us for the whole of Christmas Eve in CDG airport with little to no information. In fact the Flybe staff went home and it was left to Air France staff to organise us onto another flight getting back to BHX shortly before midnight.

So, it would seem Flybe may be right to refuse compensation on the basis that it was circumstances out of their control, but rather than shift all the other flights back circa 3 hours each, they left us with roughly a 10+ hour delay.

So, my question is, what next steps would be appropriate? Take it up with CAA? Small claims? Write back to them with a sterner snottagram?

Many thanks in advance, BP
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    reimbursement of duty of care expenses if you were not provided if you send in the receipts
    travel insurance if it pays anything for that length of delay
    the requirement on the airline is to get you on another available flight. If the other flights were full there is no requirement for them to offload passengers already on those flights to make space for those inconvenienced earlier
    EUClaim agrees this was cancelled due extraordinary circumstances so compensation is not due
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    bumped to tidy board
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Nsar
    Nsar Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    Two flights I was booked on with Flybe were cancelled on successive days.
    The first cancellation has been agreed and the compensation just paid (NB Flybe initially offered me £100 not 250 Euros and told me it's their policy only to offer the full amount if people know to ask - which I think is despicable).
    The second flight which was the one I was re-booked on the next day was also cancelled just over 3 hours after the scheduled departure.
    They assigned it a gate for the delayed departure time, called everyone to the gate at the usual time and when they cancelled after the delayed the departure time, the gate staff said it was due to the incoming service needing to be checked after a suspected bird strike.
    Flybe have said the flight was cancelled due to fog earlier in the day at MAN causing delays. I think that's B.S. because flights had been arriving at MAN for about 3.5 hours previously and if it was always going to be cancelled due to the fleet being out of position, why keep delaying the departure, then assign a gate, call everyone to the gate and then only cancel when the incoming flight had landed? They say no compensation is due because fog is an act of God.
    Anyone know if the reason for the cancellation is in the public domain or can be requested? Also, if the cancellation decision is made after 3 hours delay, am I not entitled to the compensation anyway?
    Thanks in advance.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Nsar,

Please copy and paste your post into the Flybe thread found here...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4384703

Thanks.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Nsar
    Options
    Will do, thanks. I did look for a Flybe thread before posting, sorry!
  • Nsar
    Options
    Hi
    Two flights I was booked on with Flybe were cancelled on successive days.
    The first cancellation has been agreed and the compensation just paid (NB Flybe initially offered me £100 not 250 Euros and told me it's their policy only to offer the full amount if people know to ask - which I think is despicable).
    The second flight which was the one I was re-booked on the next day was also cancelled just over 3 hours after the scheduled departure.
    They assigned it a gate for the delayed departure time, called everyone to the gate at the usual time and when they cancelled after the delayed the departure time, the gate staff said it was due to the incoming service needing to be checked after a suspected bird strike.
    Flybe have said the flight was cancelled due to fog earlier in the day at MAN causing delays. I think that's B.S. because flights had been arriving at MAN for about 3.5 hours previously and if it was always going to be cancelled due to the fleet being out of position, why keep delaying the departure, then assign a gate, call everyone to the gate and then only cancel when the incoming flight had landed? They say no compensation is due because fog is an act of God.
    Anyone know if the reason for the cancellation is in the public domain or can be requested? Also, if the cancellation decision is made after 3 hours delay, am I not entitled to the compensation anyway?
    Thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport