Mis selling of credit cards

Options
After the PPI mis advice payouts, is there going to be a claim for being bullied into the use of credit cards and the way banks base credit ratings on the use of credit cards?. I never have wanted one but had to with the pressure from constant letter saying how easy it was to sign up and being one of thousands who have been thrust into debt by the use of them.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No.

The choice to spend - and whether you repay - on a credit card is yours and yours alone.
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hogieone wrote: »
    I never have wanted one but had to with the pressure from constant letter saying how easy it was to sign up and being one of thousands who have been thrust into debt by the use of them.

You can't sue for temptation :rotfl:
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    Did you not have a bin to put said letters in, or perhaps a recycling box?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Could have put it on the card...
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What's the Stooze here?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hogieone wrote: »
    After the PPI mis advice payouts, is there going to be a claim for being bullied into the use of credit cards and the way banks base credit ratings on the use of credit cards?. I never have wanted one but had to with the pressure from constant letter saying how easy it was to sign up and being one of thousands who have been thrust into debt by the use of them.

Im afraid the banks dont base anything on credit ratings since the credit ratings areonly seen by us, us being the customers/ Joe Public.

Why couldnt you just shred the address on the letter and recycle the rest ?

Do you not have any self control ?

I fear for some folk in this country/world, no self control.
  • minneloon
    minneloon Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Today my new B card arrived - I didnt ask for it, never heard of it. Lots of bumpf - not a mention of interest rate, credit limit - just you can use this everywhere its a credit and debit card - you dont even need an account - just a mobile gadget. Is this for real? Ive spent 20 years working with folk in bad debt situations - but not come across this before. No credit check - card all made out in my name..!!!!!!?
    Anyone else had one drop through the letter box? Is this legal? Is this moral?
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you have a Clydesdale / Yorkshire account ?
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    minneloon wrote: »
    Today my new B card arrived - I didnt ask for it, never heard of it. Lots of bumpf - not a mention of interest rate, credit limit - just you can use this everywhere its a credit and debit card - you dont even need an account - just a mobile gadget. Is this for real? Ive spent 20 years working with folk in bad debt situations - but not come across this before. No credit check - card all made out in my name..!!!!!!?
    Anyone else had one drop through the letter box? Is this legal? Is this moral?

B is Yorkshire Bank. If you didn't request it you should contact them, as well as checking your credit file for signs of fraud.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    And is it a real card or one of those advertising campaigns ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure