Advice on pensions please

Hi. I'm 61 and struggled with Osteoarthritis for many years where I can no longer continue my trade as a plasterer, the pain is just too much. I have been to the Job Centre plus but they're a waste of time, they also told me I can't claim because I have been self employed for the past eight years. They said to consult a pensions advisor.

I have a few pensions from when I began my career at a cable making company until 1991 when the factory closed. I went on a plastering course and have been employed by a building company until 2009 when they went bust.
My pension from the cable company was invested with the then TSB which now is Scottish Widows. I also have two more one with Friends prominent and another with Build base. I have since 1991 paid into a personal pension at £20 per week and still pay it.
The total of my Scottish Widdows is over £100.000 and the other two combine to over £50k

I was looking to take 25% of the two latter pensions and draw on my Scottish Widow one. I am clueless where these pensions are concerned.
Kind regards Jeff.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family