HMRC, PAYE amount owed, Employers NI allowance credit missing

AbbieCadabra
AbbieCadabra Posts: 1,707 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 25 July 2014 at 10:17AM in Small biz MoneySaving
has anyone else got this issue? for the month 6th June - 5th July, the NI employer allowance hasn't been applied & is still showing as an outstanding amount on the online current position/dashboard.

i rang HMRC a couple of days ago & was told that they have no idea why this is...just call back in a few days if not updated. they thought it might update to the correct info on the 22nd, which is now showing today, but i've just checked & it hasn't.

using basic tools & have changed absolutely nothing my end from previous wages reported, still have allowance to use up from the original £2k.

Comments

• Opinion
    Opinion Posts: 401 Forumite
    Not anything to do with the HMRC Employment Allowance? I know my payroll has been affected by this.

https://www.gov.uk/employment-allowance
  • AbbieCadabra
    yes, it's the employers NI allowance that hasn't been credited to the account for that period. we've still got over £800 credit to use, so i know it should still be applied at the moment.

thank goodness someone has been affected (not being horrible!), was beginning to think it was only me!

there's absolutely nothing on their 'current issues' page, as usual. i'm just worried that as HMRC right hand never knows what HMRC left hand is doing, that this could go against our CIS gross payment status if it gets marked as a late payment.
  • AbbieCadabra
    just found this post on accountingweb, not just us affected then...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure