New £5 note challenge (Tough) 2017

Hi guys

Not ever posted before as I have been a long time lurker:cool:

As you may have noticed there are many challenges within the forum which many people dedicate time to and stick to so......... I was thinking why not add another for the new £5 note!!!!!!!

My idea is to save all the new £5 note I get from now till next Christmas! It will work on the same principal as the £2 challenge.
If you get a new £5 note you must save it and not use it!!!!!

At first I think it could be easy as many are not in circulation yet so it will bed me in, obviously as we get into the new year and they become more abundant it will mean not spending them gets tougher!!!

I know its gonna be tough but at the end all the tough moments will be rewarded with a big pay off to go towards a debt or Xmas.

So if anyone would like to join me feel free to tag along. If we get a good number I will do the obligatory numbers list :rotfl:

BB

Comments

• SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Yawn ........ That's a great idea .....yawn. !!!
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • Count me in!

I was planning on doing this anyway.

Not had any yet, have you?

Dxxx
  • Korra
    Korra Posts: 71 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Count me in please?

I got 3 news ones at the moment...
    [STRIKE]2016: Hopefully be a FTB :)[/STRIKE]Complete 27.10.2016 :j:T
  • Excellent Korra!

Dxxx
  • I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,295 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    £5 is a lot of money - I don't mind the change challenges , but I will not be joining this one.
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

• I've got 4!

Dxxx
  • Cinders2001
    Cinders2001 Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've saved all mine so far.
    Go about £40.
    ** Freebies and money saved with the help of you all? - Don't know ....lost count! **
    ** Stay Safe **
  • Thora
    Thora Posts: 31 Forumite
    hey i'm interested to join,
    but I'm taking part in the sealed pot challenge and I just wanted to ask if i can include the total of how many new £5 I've saved here but also put it towards the SPC, or do i have to have the challenges seperate?
    Future Home Fund£1,702.67/£3,000 **EF £22.00/£1000** #575SPC £59.80/£100.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport