Enough is enough, please help me to track down Worldstores.co.uk, Bedroomworld.co.uk

Comments

• Probably worst company ever dealt with and that's no exaggeration.

I call to check delivery date of order I've paid for (wait 30 mins to be put through), chap assures me he'll call back next morning to update me once he's called the supplier. NO call received of course.

What's worse when I try to call back the next evening, no one answers AFTER WAITING ON HOLD OVER 45 MINS!!!

This is how Worldstores treats customers who have already paid them money. Enough said - avoid this company like the plague.
  • It appears that the problems this company causes is still ongoing and not resolved. My Mother (85) was to receive a new waterproof mattress (Use your imagination) last Tuesday.
    We had 2 emails and a text on the day of delivery to say it was being delivered. Her old wet mattress was disposed of the morning the new one was due to arrive. Guess what? It did not arrive! After 5 phone calls (on average a 25 minute wait) and several computer generated emails we had spoken to no one! We even had an email asking for a rating on the service that had been completed!! I cannot find any human to talk to at this company and all emails are Do not reply! Even this morning i have held onto a so called customer service line for an hour and no one answers! MY ADVICE DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. My mother is having to sleep in her chair!!! Anyone found a contact number yet? The one listed a few months ago has been shut down.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Donny_boy wrote: »
    It appears that the problems this company causes is still ongoing and not resolved. My Mother (85) was to receive a new waterproof mattress (Use your imagination) last Tuesday.
    We had 2 emails and a text on the day of delivery to say it was being delivered. Her old wet mattress was disposed of the morning the new one was due to arrive. Guess what? It did not arrive! After 5 phone calls (on average a 25 minute wait) and several computer generated emails we had spoken to no one! We even had an email asking for a rating on the service that had been completed!! I cannot find any human to talk to at this company and all emails are Do not reply! Even this morning i have held onto a so called customer service line for an hour and no one answers! MY ADVICE DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. My mother is having to sleep in her chair!!! Anyone found a contact number yet? The one listed a few months ago has been shut down.

If your mum paid by credit card and it was over £100, start a section 75 claim against the card company. If she paid by debit card, start a chargeback.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • GMur
    GMur Posts: 1 Newbie
    02/03/2016 I placed an order under order for 1 Yoga Light Mango TV Unit for delivery on Saturday 05 March.

However, the sales advisor Alisha processed 2 units. I queried the price and she advised this was an error and she would arrange for the additional unit to be credited. I checked the progress of the order to find that the total order had been refunded and that there was no pending delivery.

On Friday 04/03/2016 I called and spoke to the sales advisor who assured me that he could process the order and that by placing the order before 12.00 would still be able to have my delivery as planned. I queried the price charged as the original TV unit was £209.99 and the delivery was £19.99 however, he charged £219.99 and £24.99 respectively. This difference was to be refunded

04/03/2016 at 17.53 I received a text to say the order was not going to be delivered and that I will be contacted next working day when the order would be rescheduled.

Monday 07/03/2016 at 16.31 I received a further text and an email to stating that my delivery would take place on 08/03/2016 between 07.00 and 8.00pm. On 07/03/2016 I tried several times to get through on the telephone as the I was at work (and would not be able to receive the delivery) was kept on hold for nearly 40 mins without success and tried again on several other occasions and eventually got through and started to explain the situation for the operator to then hang up!.

This prompted my comments on their web site. The text message on 07/03/2016 confirmed that I would receive another text from the delivery man with a 1 hr window. I finished work at 4.00 and up to that point had not heard anything so assumed that the delivery had yet to happen only to find my back garden gate wide open and a wet box left on the patio in the pouring rain which was my TV Unit. No amused. When opening the packaging the TV unit delivered was the wrong one and I have now got to wait for an update when the correct unit can be delivered and the wrong one collected and likely on different dates and times!

So I have paid £411.98 instead of £225.98, refunded £411.98 , recharged £244.98 instead of £225.98 refunded £19.00 and delivered the wrong goods.

So I guess thus far I have paid out for something not yet received and wasted time hanging on the phone so all in all not a good customer journey or experience. What a shambles!
    My order was then due to be dispatched 11/03/16 despite requesting 12/03/2016. No notice or text. Had an email 16.35 saying order would be delivered at 18.15. 19.59 the order was delivered :mad:
    It is not withstanding that I cannot trust everything that has been said in each email from whoever is next in line to offer their “sincere apology” as any promises, schedules etc are not adhered to and have been false to say the least.

Frankly, this order has been a total shambles from the start and the customer service (or lack of it in this instance) in response to my concerns have not been addressed. I have counted the amount of emails that have gone back and forth in this regard and the at the last count were 18! and all I wanted with the right goods that I had paid for. Simple enough you would think.
    I will not be ordering from them ever again and everyone I have spoken to have also told them to avoid
  • I am sorry to hear of your problems with world stores.
    I would avoid avoid avoid in future.
    Ordered 6 chairs to coincide with some holiday I had. Promised Delivery on a given date . It did not happen obviously I called to ask and was promised it would be next day.next day I then received a text to say there were problems - no explanation. On calling I am told the suppliers are not answering so are "probably closed". So who is generating the text messages.
    Avoid them they do not live up to claims and customer service is less than useless, youngsters with no experience of customer service
  • Melly_T
    Melly_T Posts: 1 Newbie
    Ordered outdoor furniture for a wedding party - discussed the delivery date with someone over the phone, husband changed plans to be working closer to home. Received a text on the morning of the delivery that it would not be happening.
    When I contacted Worldstores I was told that due to an "IT" issue it looked like the order hadn't gone through to the supplier properly and so there wouldn't be a delivery today. I explained what i wanted the delivery for and asked them to deliver tomorrow (my phonecall was 11am so plenty of time to put something into place), they told me that they can't do that and can't deliver for at least another three days. I explained that they could do that if they wanted to but they were choosing not to satisfy their customer, i asked to speak to a manager who refused saying there was nothing more he could do.
    It's outrageous, we ordered with them because they could deliver in time.
    False promises, terrible customer service.
  • Avoid avoid avoid - used them twice. Both times they repreatedly failed to deliver. I ordered office furniture and staff arrived with nowhere to sit. I went elsewhere & the goods arrived next day
  • Had a similar experience - Worldstores is the worse retailer I have ever dealt with and the most useless. Alex Batey - one of the assistant managers at Worldstores said he would deal with my complaint after I ordered a bed frame which was not as listed on the website, so I returned it. Over a month later and they still have not refunded my money. No one in customer services picks up the phone until you're about 40 minutes into the call. The customer service team is useless, they say the right things but never deliver and still have not returned my money.

I am know reporting them to Trading standards in hopes of finally getting my money refunded.

Not sure how they still operate with the rubbish customer service they have or why more people haven't complained about their earful experience.

My advice would be to avoid this company and all their partner companies altogether, its not worth the hassle.
  • i brought a 3 piece wardrobe and an assembly service from this fraudulent company the delivery arrived on time and the assembly team came a few days after everything seemed to be fine until the assembly team {service} arrived and took my wardrobe upstairs in my bedroom and unboxed it they took all the pieces out and immediately noticed a piece broken they then started to assembly and kept finding pieces broken and missing at which point both steve and daz from servico told me look this wardrobe is a piece of junk send back to worldstores and get a refund which i totally agreed with then all the !!!!!!!! started ENDLESS phone calls and emails and eventually worldstores took the wardrobe back and said i would get a refund which i havent got can someone please help me get my money back
  • GraceCourt
    GraceCourt Posts: 317 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 20 September 2017 at 3:53PM
    Don't panic!

Lesson 1 when you are in this situation is to focus on the "person" (whether a natural person, i.e. a "real" human being, or a "legal" person, such as a partnership or incorporated company) who is legally liable for the debt.

In this case, worldstores.co.uk and bedroomworld.co.uk don't actually exist, these are just the domain names of the Web sites through which you make purchases. Your claim is against a limited company, Dunelm (Soft Furnishings) Limited, which is registered in England with company registration number 02129238, and it has its registered office at Dunelm Store Support Centre, Watermead Business Park, Syston, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE7 1AD. This is important information, and it should always be present somewhere on a trader's Web site (usually it can be found in "terms and conditions") because regulations made under the Companies Act 2006 make it a criminal offence if it is not disclosed. Actually, one of the required details is "the part of the United Kingdom in which the company is registered", so technically the reference to "UK" on the worldstores.co.uk site means that the company has failed to comply (with Regulation 25(2)(a) of The Company, Limited Liability Partnership and Business (Names and Trading Disclosures) Regulations 2015) and as already stated this is a criminal offence under Regulation 28.

Anyway... write a letter to Dawn Elizabeth Durrant, the Company Secretary, at the registered office address and mark your letter "Letter before proceedings". Set out brief details of your claim - it's very important to include any reference numbers and/or names of previous contacts so that they can quickly find your file - and advise them that you seek resolution with 14 days or you will commence Part 27 proceedings against Dunelm (Soft Furnishings) Limited in the County Court. "Part 27 proceedings" is simply the correct name for proceedings using the Small Claims Track in the County Court and it really isn't difficult if you don't get satisfactory redress. It might interest you to know that I've previously obtained judgement against this company - I agree, their Customer Services are awful - and although neither side can claim their actual legal costs in Part 27 proceedings, you can claim the Court issue fee - £25 using "Money Claim Online" for claims of up to £300 - as well as fixed commencement costs of £50 under Part 45 CPR 1998. You should include such commencement costs on the claim form but it's likely that things won't need to go that far.

I will keep this simple and leave any more detail for another post, but get your "Letter before proceedings" off to Dunelm and see how things go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure