PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one

Comments

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    ... scattering of bee pollen...

Now you're just making things up... to check we're reading!
  • Now you're just making things up... to check we're reading!

:rotfl: Nope...you can buy it in packets and I duly did so some time back. Just using up the last of it. Dont know that I'll buy any more though.

I do grin to myself sometimes thinking "Wonder what PN will make of that...." - but mine isnt the most conventional way of eating and I do experiment widely....:rotfl:

Can't think why friends automatically turn to me when they are wondering what some food or other is and ask me what it's like......but I can probably tell them...
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,116
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Afternoon folks, now had to search for "bee pollen", hmm, not sure I would bother, plus thinking of all those poor bees having their pollen balls nicked after a hard days work :(

Yestrday was the chicken & leek pie thingy with own freah veg, finishe dup with a very full plate & belly in the end

However this morning, despite it being just the morning for a lie in, dank & raining, I woke early and was up about early as well. I fancied a Full English by then, but only if someone else was making it, so settled for a fried egg sarnie instead

It was then Morrie mooch time, not much luck there, did find some YS streaky, which then altered my planned lunch of cheese / tom baguette to grilled bacon & tom + mayo baguette

I did get some cream crackers from Morrison's after reading on hear and just fancying some, now I can indulge, until they inevitably go soggy as mine seem to, despite in a tin, obviously I do not eat enough of them

At last the YS mac cheese from Lidl on Friday will be nuked for tonight's meal, that is the plan so far anyway

I of course have a pineapple staring at me every time I pass the fruit bowl, I keep tugging it's leaves, not ripe yet, but when it is I will have to decide if a jumbo fruit salad is a goer, should I splash out on clotted cream maybe? Or just custard like the pleb I am? :D

Rain has stopped now day is nearly over, as it does.
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,059
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Afternoon everyone

moneyistooshorttomention, I consider myself a pretty adventurous eater but have never tried nor for that came across bee pollen:cool:

Farway, glad you are keeping things up on the pie front:D

Nelski, hope your journey and hotel are both ok. I'd be travelling today to if it was that or a very early start:)

LO lasagne & garlic bread was lovely earlier, there is a tiny bit of lasagne left not worth keeping or freezing so pooch will be happy tomorrow:)

I've taken a piece of steak out of the freezer so braised steak with onion and mushroom gravy and the last of the root veg mash from the freezer later. It's been a pretty damp and chilly day here so that should hit the spot and also feel's "Sunday dinner" ish as well:D

I had a noodle through the fridge and I've some fresh bits needing used in the next few days so I'm going do a loose plan so they get used up and not wasted. I really don't want to end up freezing veg until see how much if any space I have after the meat order arrives.

Son has headed back to Newcastle with good wad of the white sauce for his freezer, he loves macaroni cheese and other pasta bake type dishes so it be a quick couple of meals for him as he has a couple of late finishes at work this week as he's off on Friday for more dental work so back here late on Thursday night.
  • Think I got that bee pollen in a health food shop back in Home City - which just goes to show how long I've had it and been working my way very slowly through it:o. About a teaspoon worth to go and that will be it finished. Waste not want not...and hence the cauliflower outer leaves currently cooking in the oven.

Changed plan from baked potatoes to spicy potato wedges.

Didnt feel active enough to add other veggies in with my cauliflower and courgette - as I decided to take advantage of some sun again at last and do some weeding in garden.

Have carefully removed all weeds from some of it now - except for wintercress? bittercress? (cant remember which of those two names it has - but I do remember it's a freeby substitute for watercress and hence I carefully don't pull that up). I'm leaving it there to pick bits of it to put in salads. Wish I could persuade myself I like dandelions - but to date have only persuaded myself into using younger dandelion leaves to make dandelion "crisps" (ie same way as making kale crisps - but using dandelion leaves instead). Darn - I did forget that one - and have now pulled apart a lot of those dandelions:cool:
  • caronc
    Forumite
    Think I got that bee pollen in a health food shop back in Home City - which just goes to show how long I've had it and been working my way very slowly through it:o. About a teaspoon worth to go and that will be it finished. Waste not want not...and hence the cauliflower outer leaves currently cooking in the oven.

Changed plan from baked potatoes to spicy potato wedges.

Didnt feel active enough to add other veggies in with my cauliflower and courgette - as I decided to take advantage of some sun again at last and do some weeding in garden.

Have carefully removed all weeds from some of it now - except for wintercress? bittercress? (cant remember which of those two names it has - but I do remember it's a freeby substitute for watercress and hence I carefully don't pull that up). I'm leaving it there to pick bits of it to put in salads. Wish I could persuade myself I like dandelions - but to date have only persuaded myself into using younger dandelion leaves to make dandelion "crisps" (ie same way as making kale crisps - but using dandelion leaves instead). Darn - I did forget that one - and have now pulled apart a lot of those dandelions:cool:

Let me know how many dandelions you'd like and I'll post you some LOL :rotfl: They are the bane of my life as they grow between my slabs and due to poochy I'm limited in what I can use to get shot of them. When the boys were small we used to have a guinea pig, a rabbit and a hamster they all went nuts for the leaves and unopened flowers. The wild rabbits round here obviously have too much choice as they don't bother with them:mad:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    tonight
    frozen mackerel to foil to oven
    frozen parsnips to oven
    prepared green veg to pan
  • caronc
    Forumite
    kittie wrote: »
    tonight
    frozen mackerel to foil to oven
    frozen parsnips to oven
    prepared green veg to pan
    Sorted mine is simple too, 1 pan and a nuke LOL:cool:
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I've done nothing but eat today :(

After my fish finger sarnie and (lots of) crisps, I had yoghurt and chocolate....

I then decided I wanted something savoury so made up the box of stuffing mix in the cupboard and ate it with some peas, mayo and Tabasco.

Just now I have eaten a huge baked potato, butter and cheese with broccoli, cabbage..I wasn't even hungry :o

I'm stuffed now but know I'm not finished yet....:(

Why do we have these days of just stuffing your face with any food you can get your hands on...well i do anyway and quite often recently :o:(
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    karcher wrote: »

Why do we have these days of just stuffing your face with any food you can get your hands on...well i do anyway and quite often recently

I think it takes a few days, up to a week, to finally wind down from the point you realise there've been too many days of scoffing .... you can't turn it on and off....

I'd have scoffed more yesterday and today if I'd had more nibbles to hand.

Today I've so far had:
    eggy/soldiers
    pasty, 340 grams of bubble/squeak (I weighed it), carrots
    2 bits of toast/margarine
    3 pancakes :)
    4 bourbons (all gone now).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income