In the nick of time

Comments

• Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Off work now for 5 days, post nights sleep was amazing last night. Shame OH came home from work this am and disturbed me ;)

Washing now on.. we have back to back guests this weekend with Sundays guests staying 5 nights.

New shift pattern starts next week.. Woo hooo , 3 days week 13.5 hour days :T :T don't know how long for, usually it's quite variable to the needs of the service... but far less travel and far less long stretches.

Yesterday car had it's MOT , now due to all the troublesome dealings with this garage I leave my OH to deal with them.. I was charged £27 for MOT and £42.50 each for 2 new front tyres... turns out I didn't need the tyres to pass MOT gggrrrrrr,,,,,, (this is why i hate this garage) having said that, the paperwork says 94% worn, so i guess it was cutting it fine.... I would have just preferred to buy them elsewhere. I'm stuck in an extended warranty and do not trust this place a bit. Need car to stay well until service due in January :)

Me and OH had a bit of a heart to heart earlier this week... Less money stress has lead to us taking the eye off the ball with our relaxation time.. So we've set ourselves a challenge of less food and drink relaxations and more activities... my 6 current AFD's will probably end tomorrow, however I didn't give in to wine temptation last night. :T :T just ate about 6 choc digestives (after 10pm) :(

If OH isn't working for his friend on Monday we are off to find a mountain to climb :D

DD1 is off on holiday tomorrow for a week with her soon to be ex boyfriend and their daughter... not really keen on this, but she's used my email offer of 20% off airport parking.... only for me to see better deals on group@n this morning...

DD2 hates her new (1st) job :D She keeps saying she's not cut out for work!!!! aren't we all darling :D:D her role includes, hoovering, washing windows, mopping, washing dishes.... all the things i've never managed to teach her :D

Most of the housework was done yesterday so, less pressure for this afternoons guest arriving.

Right off to sheer the doggie before he looks like a black sheep .
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,893
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    So now relaxing on the sofa with OH.. watching Christmas movies[/QUOTE]

Oh wow that's early even for me! :rotfl::rotfl:
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Moneyfordreams
    Forumite
    edited 30 July 2016 at 10:28AM
    We love cheesey films :D the beauty of shift work is an afternoon chill.

Dog clipped , frontlined and bathed..... he's now ignoring me and probably will until tomorrow :D:D

next door work man knocked to see if he could make a noise... good job I was up ;)

OH still in bed... he'll no doubt be up soon as that's his normal time.. don't quite know what to do today , he works Saturdays.. but we usually wander to somewhere and eat and drink before he goes back to bed... I've banned that... shot myself right in the foot :cool:

unsure of guest time of arrival too....boooo
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Hello! Sounds like airbnb is going really well! Amazing! I have booked one night in August when I am on a course and after reading how you get on feel reassured that it will all be fine! Great news on the car loan and good buy for your daughters car!

I remember loosing my temper and crying where we used to live when on nights, everyone was so noisy including the neighbour who was awful. I hated it!!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • Moneyfordreams
    Forumite
    I felt awful at the time, burny eyed craziness.... now I feel awful as neighbours have dropped in a bottle of fizz... can't bring myself to open the card .. :o We live in such a quiet spot.. that even the birds are noisy.

lodger paid.. so I've upped my OP to £100... Owe £173000.00 to the mortgage,. Regular OP and normal payment due Monday.

I have put some clohing items on ebay... not holding out much hope .
  • Moneyfordreams
    Forumite
    Jodles, when we find out for certain if DD2 is going to uni, we will book airbnb there. Just to see what it is like... general BNB are businesses, so we should be too.. :D
  • Moneyfordreams
    Forumite
    Monthly spends.

erm.... £50 per week on entertainment.. (food and drink about once a week) not exact figure but spent another £34 yesterday, £42 week before, and £40 odd earlier in the month, so I'd say a good estimation.

Food.... £212.... OH double discount, but still have masses in the freezer.. Too much to do inventory :D I think we could knock £50 off that easily... but we will only need top up shops for a few weeks.

Defrosted mince yesterday (extra lean aberdeen angus yellow sticker) but ate leftovers from night before instead... so that is already in the slow cooker for whatever mince dish takes our fancy later.

Petrol £80 :T :T :T added extra £20 because I think I forgot but maybe is is £60 after all.

£60 clothes for me CS and Supermarket discount

OH new glasses £79.. 2 pairs

August payout is OH dentist @ £240 but it will be so nice to see his smile fixed :D:D

Meter readings have been fab all summer. Gas will have gone from £18 (LOWEST EVER) in June, to £40 (approx) in July... think this due to bonkers airbnb people who never left room.. (bathing) . mind you on balance we were paid £295 :D, Electricity seems to be about the same around £45.. We are still in debit due to them not taking payments until the 3rd month despite my requests. however on course to break even before year is up in September :D

Today's plans are similar to yesterdays. Wash tidy when guest leaves... New guests due... possibly relax with a glass of wine. No spends planned. We still don't know if OH has work tomorrow with his friend.. OH not a fan of spicy food so it'll be mild curried mince or cottage pie for tea. Actually that'll be 2 leftover meals for work too :D
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,113
    Forumite
    We've watched a couple of Christmas films recently. Ds was under the weather last week so we watched a few. He keeps talking about Christ!as though and is getting excited about our winter wonderland center parcs trip.

I've not worked night shifts for ages and could never sleep in the day, how frustrating for there to be such noisy building work. You've definitely made me more mindful of our impending building works. I need to buy lots of wine and look out for offers!

Hope your long days work out better for you, pretty exhausting when you're on them but the days off/recovery days get you through.
    Mar 2024 - part 1 - £31,656 part 2 - £25,019 Total - £56,675 44 months to go!
  • Moneyfordreams
    Forumite
    Winter wonderlands are lovely for children... can your DS wait that long :)

The long days will be a nice change... i've done several jobs recently and this role is the nicest. We can be very busy but it's only 1, 2 or 3 people at a time, almost autonomous :D, Not 30 pts and staff needing you at once :)

I think when you have a plan, such as your building work your neighbours can be warned in advance, in fact the house to our rear (very close) is about to turn into 2 houses!! but it 's known and we can plan... but sleep deprivation got the better of my tolerance levels :(
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,113
    Forumite
    Sounds like a better role.

The Christmas trend continues here, we have watched Home Alone!
    Mar 2024 - part 1 - £31,656 part 2 - £25,019 Total - £56,675 44 months to go!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback