PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Comments

• nhi ive just been declined over the phone from 24studio as apparently i requested my ppi . i know i didnt i never accept ppi. i had it confirmed years ago before the law changed agreeing that i had never requested it but i couldnt have my money back, after a conversation with scott today he says the advisor didnt note that and that i agreed to the ppi over the phone during an order when he cant give me a date or order details or any other info regarding when i apparently agreed to it. hes sending paperwork out of his decline and how to take this further but any advice what i can do would be appreciated. thanks..
    does my bum look big in this sig?
  • nee666
    nee666 Posts: 87 Forumite
    I sent HSBC a sar along with ppi loan details on July 17th by 1st class recorded signed for, had letter on 2nd August thanking me for my information, the cheque was cashed on 4th August, my question is when is the 40 days up, 40 days from when they got the request or 40 days from when they cashed the cheque?????
  • SuzyW
    SuzyW Posts: 5 Forumite
    Hi
    Advice please.
    I'm thinking of cancelling the agreement with the no win no fee company who are chasing my PPI. On the website it seems £50 per hour is charged to cancel this agreement. The company started the claim in February but haven't managed to get anything back yet. I would rather try and claim it back myself.
    Not sure what to do. Is this going to cost me loads?
    Thanks for any help and advice.
  • back again
    after another phone call with lloyds i was told this
    cc had no ppi on letter sent out yest
    loans did have ppi letter sent out yest to confirm this will take 8 wks to investigate(marks cal wiv a big star)
    now after looking at some old cc statments it has cardholder protection plan on
    so my questions r
    1) is it the same thing?
    2)can i claim it back as i was never told about as heres how i got cc
    walk in bank to pay into my account
    lady says oh it shows u can have a cc would u like 1?
    me sez yes plzzzzzzz(allready spending in my head)
    lady sez sign this
    n 1 squiggle from me n a tap of a key from lady she sez on its way
    any info on this and my problem in few posts above
    big kiss offer still stands:D
  • nikig1
    nikig1 Posts: 41 Forumite
    nikig1 wrote: »
    Hi all.
    I have just got my credit report from experian and it shows that I had a CC with HFC bank -start date 27/11/2002, settled date 5/1/2010. I knew I had a CC card that I had paid off but couldn't remember who with :o.

I can't remember the card number or any other details, so how do I go about getting this info to claim back any PPI I paid?
    Could I just phone HFC and ask them for the details or do I need to pay them £10 to get it?

many thanks for any help.

I have just found the last 4 digits for the HFC card, could I put a claim in just using these last 4 digits?
  • I have a bit of an odd one that I really hope someone can help me with.
    Back in 2001 I took out an Egg credit card with PPI.
    Everything was fine until I was made redundant in August of 2002 and duly contacted all my creditors regarding making a claim on my PPI policy.
    All but 2 creditors (Egg and American Express) paid the claims for the duration of the policy. These monthly claims were accompanied by Form ABI1 from the Employment Service proving my continued unemployment status.

Both Egg and American Express rejected my claim but in this instance I only wish to deal with the Egg claim.

Unfortunately, as this all happened over 10 years ago, some of the paperwork has been misplaced so this part is from memory only. Egg refused the claim on the grounds that they couldn't find any record of the company I worked for.
    I contacted Companies House and obtained a copy of the company registration information as well as the details of the directors of the business and VAT registration information and duly forwarded this information to Egg.
    Many phone calls later with no result, Egg simply stated that the claim was rejected and therefore closed and could not be re opened.

I need to add that for a further 2 months following my redundancy, I continued to pay my PPI pemiums.

I didn't hear anything more from Egg, then in August 2006 I was contacted by CapQuest Investment Managemet claiming that they had been assigned my debt and were chasing me for payment. I explaind both by telephone and in writing that I did not agree that any such debt existed with their company and that the matter should be dealt with by Egg.

I called Egg to ask them what was happening and they refused to speak to me. Several calls back to them resulted in Egg terminating the call as soon as I had given them my information. This was both rude and unprofessional but the biggest shock was still to come. I received upwards of 20 calls a day from CapQuest threatening me with legal action, Bailiffs visiting my home, CountyCourt Judgements and telling me that my family was at risk if I didn't pay them. Needless to say, I started to (and still do) screen all incoming telephone calls.
    I received several letters containing veilled threats then silence, nothing at all for a further 2 years.
    In 2008 I was again contacted by Capquest using one of their many and varied trading names. This time, having searched the internet for information and advice I sent them a letter stating that the alleged debt was statute barred because no contact with the original creditir had been received within the past six years.
    Again, they went silent until another year later when they again wrote to me threatening legal action but the debt had jumped from the original £2500 to a whopping £8500!
    I wrote back explaining that they could not legally apply interest to the alleged debt as it was in dispute (information from the local CAB) and that there was no contract of any form between myself and their company which there wasn't. I have never acknowledged this alleged debt with CapQuest nor have I made any agreement with them regarding the matter.
    Again 12 months of silence and another letter drops through the door. I again sent them a copy of the statute barred letter and added the OFT Debt Collection Guidance statement "continuing to press for payment after a debtor has stated they will not be paying a debt because it is statute barred could amount to harassment under section 40 (1) of the Administration of Justice Act 1970"

On January 4th 2012 I received notice that Capquest started County Court Judgement procedings against me (posted on Christmas eve 2011 by second class mail to ensure it wouldn't reach me for days).
    I responed to the claim using the courts service online claims system disputing the claim and filing what I thought was my defence which clearly outlined everything above.

Apparently I did not submit the correct form for defence and a judgement was made against me automatically in March 2012.
    I immediately responed by submitting an application to have the judgement set aside and the hearing moved to my local court.
    I then received a notification from HM Land Registry that CapQuest have placed a charging order against my property!
    This is before any hearing has been heard and I took it as a further example of CapQuests bullying tactics.
    The application was duly processed by the court and a hearing arranged in Chambers which didn't go well for either side.

The judge had been informed that this was an uncontested claim and had only allocated 5 minutes for the hearing.
    She became extremely irate when it became apparent that this was not the case and adjourned the hearing until October 1st 2012 when a further 30 minutes has been allocated.

I desperately need some assistance to get this matter sorted out successfully as I am currently unemployed so cannot afford legal represenatation and I am also trying to set up my own business and a CCJ against me will prevent me from being a Director of my own business. The charging order on my property will also reflect badly and cause problems whenattempting to source finance to get the buiness up and running.

This is all having a detrimental affect on my health and I am not sure how much more of this I can take.
    I don't have anyone I can go to for help or even just to vent to so I really am stuck.

Can anyone please offer a ray of hope or at least point me in the right direction.

Sorry it was such a ling post but I hope you can appreciate that I needed to provide as much information as possible so a solution can hopefully be found.

Thnks

Broken Egg
  • I would also like to add that I have tried submitting a PPI claim to Egg as I believe that the policy was mis-sold as it did not cover what it was expected to.
    I received their standard "we are sorry that you feel you have a complaint" letter and subsequently received a further letter containing a details of complaint form which I duly competed and returned. Within that form I stated that I belived the policy had been sold based on misleading information and that should Egg have paid out on the policy for the maximum of 12 months duration, the debt would have been paid in full and in fact overpaid.
    If that had happend then CapQuest would never have become involved and the additonal interest and charges added to the alleged debt would never have been accrued.
    I further stated that I would like Egg to make good on the payment of the Payment protection Insurance as it was sold expressly to cover sickness, death and unemployment and I was lead to believe that every eventuallity was covered. I also stated that I wanted Egg to acknowledge their error and to contact CapQuest and the County Court accepting respnsibility for their actions and thereby removing this black mark from my record.
    I have just received their response whichstates that they do not believe the policy was mis-sold because of the following reasons:
    "Our online sales process:-
    1/ Does not require you to take repayment protection insurance as a condition of obtaining the credit card.
    2/ Does not provide an advisory service.
    3/ Required you to positively confirm that you wished to purchase this policy during the online application.
    4/ Provide full terms and conditions of the policy and requested you read them before submitting.

Is it just me or has Egg missed the point entirely.
    I told them in my questionnaire that I spoke to an"advisor" at Egg by telephone prior to submitting my application and was promised that I stood a better chance of getting the credit card if I took out PPI and that it covered me for "every eventuality".
    So I completed the application.
    I am not disputing point 1, I actually wanted PPI, it is thefact that they reneged on it when it came to me making a claim that is the problem, therefore the PPI was mis-sold in my eyes.
    Point 2, the website does not provide an advisory service but their telephone operators certainly did.
    Point 3, after being told I would be coveed for everything the world could throw at me, yes I did confirm that I wanted the policy.
    Point 4, No such copy of the full terms and conditions was provided at the time of submission.

Unfortunately, there is no way of actually verifying anything as their website has changed and evolved over time, in part to prevent this sort of issue recurring. This does not detract from the fact that the insurance policy was mis-sold on the grounds of misleading coverage information provided by Egg prior to submitting the application form.

They have now stated that the case is closed butthat I can refer it to the FOS, but if I do so, they will not be able to deal with me directly.

What should I do? Can anyone help with a letter to Egg restating the terms of the claim so that they cannot deny responsibility?
    If I take it to the FOS, I also need to get this information across to them. I am not disputing that they sold me the policy, I am disputing the reasons for not paying out when I actully needed to make a claim (as all my mortgage company, Bank and other credit card companies did without question) as I do not feel their reasons were in any way valid.

Thanks again

Broken Egg
  • Hi, just wondering how you ended up dealing with this? We're in a similar position where Connells have said that they won't pay back any PPI as we signed the document with the terms and conditions on it and like you they've dismissed any reasons we gave as to why we wanted to reclaim this money back saying that we were only 'advised' to pay this when in actual fact we felt that we had to.
    It says that we have 6 months to respond if we are not happy with this but what do we do so that they don't fob us off again. We were paying the PPI for 3 years which started 2000.

ste1mma wrote: »
    hi all, ive recently tried claiming back ppi payments made to Connells Resedential. I got a mortgage with RBS through Connells and the ppi protection was with Wessex-Group. I have been paying the ppi on my mortgage for three years. When i brought my house i felt pressured into taking the ppi policy as she was pushy and told me i could be refused credit. As a young (21 year old) first time buyer i took out he policy as she told me to and got a mortgage. After reading an article on this website it thought the ppi sold to me was something i didnt need because the policy will pay out a maximum of 12 months which would work out to under £4000 which i have savings to cover and my partner also works and i have family who would help me out. If i got sick my work would also pay out standard sick pay which with my savings and family helping out easily cover my mortgage. I sent Connells a letter explaining this and asked them for a full refund and that i would like to immediately cancel the policy.I received a questionaire which i filled and sent back. I have now received a letter saying i was not obliged to taking the cover and i signed the policy to agree, the fact that saving does not come into account as i would not want to use them in these circumstances and that my family might not necessarily be able to support me for 12 months. I got in touch with Wessex-Group and they told me the policy had not been cancelled so i cancelled it with them. What should i do now? send another letter or just leave it? many thanks steve
  • nikig1
    nikig1 Posts: 41 Forumite
    After finding the last four digits of my old marbles card I phoned Hfc and the man I spoke to gave me an address to write to asking for my old details. I asked him if I needed to pay and he said no, so the letter has been written and is now ready to be posted tomorrow.
    I have given them 12 days to reply to my request :)
  • We have just been given the what we know now as the standard Lloyds rejection letter stating that they found no reason to uphold our claim.

The loan and c/c are for my husband. He got the c/c in 1999 and loan in 2003. We are now writting them back with additional information stating that he was never told he could get the insurance elsewhere and that he stopped working in the UK in Nov 2003. He then starting working for a US company based in America for 6 mths at a time. He told the bank on several occasions he was working o/s and even put it in writting.

My question is, he due at least a refund from the time he stopped working in the UK?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

xx S xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport