Employment Tribunal/High Court Enforcement

Hello everyone,

I have posted a few times before but to cut a really long story short - I worked for a small company run by a husband and wife from 2013-2016. I got pregnant in 2015 and when I told the boss he said: "just get rid of it, I thought you were smarter than that". I've had subsequent bullying from them, they didn't pay me any statutory maternity leave, I've been followed, intimidated and had my car vandalised twice. I left completely in July 2016 and attended a tribunal and won in November.

I was just wondering if anybody could put into simple terms what will happen next as the writ has just been completed.

I find these forums really helpful as I've been suffering from panic attacks since it happened and just someone to talk about it with would help. I'm considering setting up CCTV around my house at the moment.

Comments

• Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    CCTV on your property can only cover your property, you cannot aim it into your neighbours or the public highway, just FYI.

As for the order, I'm assuming that you have instructed bailiffs to collect the money? Or is that what you're asking about?
  • Bethan_x
    Bethan_x Posts: 6 Forumite
    I was going to put CCTV just onto my driveway, so it's pointing towards the car. Do you think that would be okay?

Yes bailiffs have been instructed, I'm just getting really scared about the next steps.
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Bethan_x wrote: »
    I was going to put CCTV just onto my driveway, so it's pointing towards the car. Do you think that would be okay?

Yes bailiffs have been instructed, I'm just getting really scared about the next steps.

As long as its your property that you've parked on.

Have the police been involved?

Bailiffs will do the next stage, you shouldn't be involved unless they offer a payment plan (but you should expect a significant portion of the award upfront really)
  • Bethan_x
    edited 13 June 2017 at 11:47AM
    Guest101 wrote: »
    As long as its your property that you've parked on.

Have the police been involved?

Bailiffs will do the next stage, you shouldn't be involved unless they offer a payment plan (but you should expect a significant portion of the award upfront really)

Yes, it has.

The police have been involved on two occasions, so we have police records. They have offered to go round and talk with them but at the time I only thought it would make it worse. The reason we know it was them was because the police checked ANPR cameras (there's one on the main road only a short way from my house) and he was caught driving past both times, at around the time it would have happened. Also, the police received no other reports that anybody else who lives around me vehicles were vandalised.

I won £15,000 at the tribunal. I assume they will try for a payment plan, as they have had a few other bailiffs requesting money in the past.

Do you know how long it takes for a bailiff to go round?
  • Bethan_x
    Also, do you think they will have been notified of the writ?
  • steampowered
    steampowered Posts: 6,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Are you using HCEOs?

You should ask them how long it will take for them to attend the address you've given. It shouldn't take long once they've got their writ.
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Are we going to se this on the telly? ��
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts