Will i get fees refunded

Hi....I have a private account....I don't offer returns.....but as an exception....a lady wants to return a dress...she will pay return costs but I do not want to refund my initial postage so the it will be classed as a partial refund. If I do this, will I still get all my fees back?....thanks in advance x
Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid doing altogether.:D

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    You used to only get your fees back if you refunded 80% or more - however that's a very old rule and I will try to dig out the T&C referring to it, as I haven't used it for some years.
  • theonlywayisup
    You used to only get your fees back if you refunded 80% or more - however that's a very old rule and I will try to dig out the T&C referring to it, as I haven't used it for some years.

Too old it appears.

Now it says https://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/pay/refund-buyer.html
    Receiving a Final Value Fee credit

To receive a Final Value Fee credit to your seller's account, you need to open and close a case in our Resolution Centre. (Giving your buyer a refund doesn't automatically result in a Final Value Fee credit.) Depending on how you close the case, you may receive a Final Value Fee credit. For more about the credit, see Receiving a Final Value Fee credit.

If you started out trying to get the buyer to pay, but then you both decided to end the transaction and refund the buyer, see what to do when a buyer doesn't pay (unpaid item process).

If you need to cancel the transaction because you as the seller have a reason you can't complete the sale (like the item is broken, gone, or sold to someone else), see cancelling a transaction.
  • F&L
    F&L Posts: 570 Forumite
    I recently had a similar situation on my private account. I couldn't see a way to partially refund so ended up processing the refund under "Buyer asked to cancel the order". I could only refund the full amount but wasn't bothered due to the small postage cost I paid. I did though get the full fees back. There may be a way to make a partial refund though if a return case is opened I don't think there is?
  • luvvlyjubbly
    luvvlyjubbly Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    I can give a partial refund ...as I stated no returns....i also have the the option to refuse the return. I'm trying to get rid of stuff asap....I put on all the measurements but she says it's too short.....so I'm willing to compromise if I'm not out of pocket.....after all I already paid the initial postage.
    It seems she's wanting a full refund at the moment....waiting to see if she'll accept price of dress only.
  • Sam_Fallow
    Sam_Fallow Posts: 923 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Did you sell the item with free P&P included or in addition to the purchase price?
    I don't like morning people. Or mornings. Or people.
  • luvvlyjubbly
    No....it wasn,t free P+P
  • theonlywayisup
    I can give a partial refund ...as I stated no returns....i also have the the option to refuse the return. I'm trying to get rid of stuff asap....I put on all the measurements but she says it's too short.....so I'm willing to compromise if I'm not out of pocket.....after all I already paid the initial postage.
    It seems she's wanting a full refund at the moment....waiting to see if she'll accept price of dress only.

Is she saying your measurements are wrong?
  • luvvlyjubbly
    No.....but she is saying too short and just wants to return....she's not saying it's my fault or anything.
  • If it's a regret purchase it's down to you whether or not you'd like to actually refund, but it's certainly the buyer's responsibility to cover the postage costs. Of course, the buyer could always damage the item, which always seems to be a common way of getting around regret purchases.
  • Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Camman123 wrote: »
    If it's a regret purchase it's down to you whether or not you'd like to actually refund, but it's certainly the buyer's responsibility to cover the postage costs. Of course, the buyer could always damage the item, which always seems to be a common way of getting around regret purchases.
    Return postage, yes - not the postage originally paid by the seller to send the item.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure