Confused Regarding Rejection

Options

Comments

• choyaa
    choyaa Posts: 226 Forumite
    Options
    One thing that was different about the second time around was that instead of waiting in the waiting room this time I was brought into the kitchen to wait, I thought this might be a good sign but maybe not.
  • Cotta
    Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
    Options
    When do you hear back?
  • shaz77_2
    shaz77_2 Posts: 1,881 Forumite
    Options
    Cotta wrote: »
    When do you hear back?

S/he probably won't.
  • choyaa
    Options
    They said within a week from yesterday but I know they're closed Monday and possibly Tuesday of next week so I suspect any day now.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I can feel for you, well I had my running sort of 5th rejection today from the ultimate company of my dreams or so I thought, but it was kind of nice weird as they took the time to show me why I could never really fit in to their world so that was one interview that took longer then it ever had before, it was a quick unsuccessful but so least I'll now accept being a customer happily perhaps one day x
    It's also weird thinking if I hadn't made my first application I'd also never have met one such company that does feature on the CV so all is not lost, whilst there is still time for this to go in your favour :)
  • shaz77_2
    shaz77_2 Posts: 1,881 Forumite
    Options
    It's interesting that all those people who thought this approach about a different role was good are now very quiet.
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,924 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm sorry all the joy has been sucked out of this thread by the doom and gloom. Which is still completely undeserved. If you only ever went for interview that you knew you would get you would be seriously undervaluing yourself.

I don't see anything in what has been said that suggests on the balance of probabilities that OP didn't have a reasonable chance to start with and isnt still in the running. Clearly they didn't give OP the job on the spot that's about all
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • choyaa
    edited 8 July 2015 at 3:06PM
    Options
    Had another interview today with a different company in the same field. They called me one week in advance of the interview to ask about notice periods and salary.

The interview today was hard to gauge, again I was told it could be informal lasting no longer than one hour, this was true as it lasted 40 minutes. Questions were straightforward to answer, at one point the second interviewer said that "some of our questions may seem repetitive and you've been giving good detailed answers so we'll skip the next question as you've covered this," not sure what to make of this. I asked a little bit more on the role at the end and got a good detailed answer and then the interviewer advised I would hear back by Monday.

Complete contrast but again I'm unsure if this is good or not.
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    Cotta wrote: »
    Interviewer skipping questions, awful sign. Another rejection I'm afraid.
    Are you kidding me? Did you fall out of the negativity tree and hit every branch on the way down?
    From the OP's account it sounds like the interview went brilliantly - the questions were only skipped because she's already covered the answers.
  • Cotta
    Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
    Options
    Are you kidding me? Did you fall out of the negativity tree and hit every branch on the way down?
    From the OP's account it sounds like the interview went brilliantly - the questions were only skipped because she's already covered the answers.

Only a few of us have been completely honest and in retrospect we were proven correct. What makes you feel this was a good interview?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure