PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Comments

• pinknico wrote: »
    Congratuations, MBNA are not the easiest to get a result with.x:j

Hi Pinknico, thanks for post I didnt know that MBNA were not the easiest... they suggested as the card was converted from A & L feb 2003 to contact them also as it was them that told MBNA that it had active ppi. So the reply i got from A&L yesterday is referring to the same account. What do you think the chances are of being successful here.....has this happened to others?

We have another 2 claims from MBNA one with the same lady who dealt with successful claim although they didnt ask for proof of husband being self employed this time.?

I still havent heard a thing back from LLoyds TSB even asking a second time for confirmation of my letter, this I did send recorded del and I know they have had it.

We are still awaiting news from Egg 8 weeks up Boxing Day ish!!! Gloves off.

Will let you know how things progress, thank you all.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Hi Pinknico, thanks for post I didnt know that MBNA were not the easiest... they suggested as the card was converted from A & L feb 2003 to contact them also as it was them that told MBNA that it had active ppi. So the reply i got from A&L yesterday is referring to the same account. What do you think the chances are of being successful here.....has this happened to others?

We have another 2 claims from MBNA one with the same lady who dealt with successful claim although they didnt ask for proof of husband being self employed this time.?

I still havent heard a thing back from LLoyds TSB even asking a second time for confirmation of my letter, this I did send recorded del and I know they have had it.

We are still awaiting news from Egg 8 weeks up Boxing Day ish!!! Gloves off.

Will let you know how things progress, thank you all.

Good luck with your reclaims hun.;)
    I'm still waiting to hear from Lloyds as well in regards of the loans ppi, will check the 8 weeks in a min, but know its coming up, although the last letter we received from them was about a week or 2 ago to say they required another 4 weeks, Lloyds all over isn't it?

Everything crossed for you.;)XXX
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • flizz2 wrote: »
    I started writing to HSBC in January time this year to reclaim my partners loan protection (think the loan was originally for £25k) - went through all the template letters but had to go to the ombudsman as HSBC weren't interested!

He received a letter yesterday offering £4250 ish including interest to settle the claim without admission of liability - result!

Hi Flizz2, congratulations you must be jumping for joy!!! Have a great Christmas.
    :T:T:T:beer::T:T:T
  • di3004 wrote: »
    Good luck with your reclaims hun.;)
    I'm still waiting to hear from Lloyds as well in regards of the loans ppi, will check the 8 weeks in a min, but know its coming up, although the last letter we received from them was about a week or 2 ago to say they required another 4 weeks, Lloyds all over isn't it?

Everything crossed for you.;)XXX

Yeh LLyods TSB arent they in it for the journey? Didn't know it was with SAGA....:D
  • di3004
    Yeh LLyods TSB arent they in it for the journey? Didn't know it was with SAGA....:D

Yeah your right there hun lol :D:D
  • wutus
    wutus Posts: 34 Forumite
    Hi all.
    I have at long long last got my ppi refund from welcome finance yipee, in time for crimbo, only took 14 months, but i have at last won !!!
    now just need to wait on others, by the way are Capital one right in saying we cannot cliam back our ppi with them if the credit card applied for online??? or is this as i suspect another delay tactic ?? i wont give up !!! but at the moment a very happy bunny :j:j:j:beer::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • di3004
    wutus wrote: »
    Hi all.
    I have at long long last got my ppi refund from welcome finance yipee, in time for crimbo, only took 14 months, but i have at last won !!!
    now just need to wait on others, by the way are Capital one right in saying we cannot cliam back our ppi with them if the credit card applied for online??? or is this as i suspect another delay tactic ?? i wont give up !!! but at the moment a very happy bunny :j:j:j:beer::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Wonderful and before xmas as well, fantastic :xmassign::xmastree:
    Congratulations:beer: and good luck on the other reclaims, fingers crossed.;)
  • Hi All
    Wrote to Halifax 5th november using template letter 1 recieved reply 16th nov not admiting misselling but would put me back in a position of not having ppi as i was a valued customer ,Today just under £5000 has been transfered into my account :j:j:j:j:j from a old loan from 2004 paid up 2007 .
    Halifax have been very quick ,no hassle must say im impressed .
    THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYBODY if it wasnt for reading through your posts i would have never had any idea that i was missold and the advice you all give is invaluable .THANK YOU:A:A
  • sunnygirls wrote: »
    Hi All
    Wrote to Halifax 5th november using template letter 1 recieved reply 16th nov not admiting misselling but would put me back in a position of not having ppi as i was a valued customer ,Today just under £5000 has been transfered into my account :j:j:j:j:j from a old loan from 2004 paid up 2007 .
    THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYBODY if it wasnt for reading through your posts i would have never had any idea that i was missold and the advice you all give is invaluable .THANK YOU:A:A

Yippee,:j:j:j:j Well done to you. :T:T:T:T

What a lovely present to get 10 days before Christmas, I’m sure your absolutely delighted. :beer: :beer: :beer:

Congratulations, :T:T:T:A:A

Hope you have a very Merry Christmas. :j:j

Gerry x x :D:D:D
  • di3004
    sunnygirls wrote: »
    Hi All

Absolutely fantastic :T:T:T
    Congratulations and well done.:beer:
    :xmassign::xmastree:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills