Car Hire - less than 1 year licence - Merseyside/Wirral area

Zoetoes
Zoetoes Posts: 2,496 Forumite
Hi

We're driving to Disneyland, Paris on 29th September, we had planned to go in our P reg Fiesta but now I'm worried it might not get there.

I have phoned round loads of car hire places but so far they all say I need to have had my licence for at least a year, it's only been 4 months.

Does anyone know of any that don't ask for a full years licence?

I know a lot ask you to be over 25, I am 30.
If you're going to stalk me, while you're at it can you cut the grass, feed the dog & make sure I've got bread & milk in :D

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,018 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'd be surprised if you could find anyone to hire you a car if you're an inexperienced driver - the insurance is the thing that clinches it ...

DEFINITELY worth taking out European breakdown cover - read Martin's article (I think it's in the insurance section), and even if you've got cover already for the UK it would be worth seeing if another provider would be cheaper. You won't get a refund on the original cover but that still might be cheaper than extending existing cover, if that makes sense.

The only other suggestion I can make is whether anyone would lend you a car - although even then you may have difficulty getting adequate insurance. But it's what we had to do when my car was written off a few weeks before our wedding, and DH was still a learner, and I didn't want to do all the driving on our honeymoon! My brother very kindly lent us his car (I hasten to add that it wasn't either of us who'd written my car off!)
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport