Paid Surveys

Options

Comments

• William_H
    William_H Posts: 82 Forumite
    Options
    Too late - blog deleted, but thanks for reading. You doubled my readership. Give it a go though, Lightspeed are a good start.

Thinking of writing another 'normal' blog, reporting on life in general. For example - I just finished cutting a hole in the ceiling and boarding the loft. Think I'd better call in a structural engineer. "Will's DIY !!!!-ups" - I could get a book out of that alone.
  • Wiggynut
    Wiggynut Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    ipsos-mori.gif

I've just joined this one - has anyone else had experience of this one?
    Light bulb moment April 07: [strike]£3,655 [/strike] Oct 07: [strike]£2,220[/strike] now 0 - 3 years of Uni debt to be added at a later date :o:D
    now at Uni as a Mature student -update: now has a First Class BA!
  • William_H
    Options
    Feel free to check out my site which contains links to all the sites which I have tried and tested, and they are all free to join. I've basically put all the information I have found on the web in one

Even though I've stopped doing these things for now, I like your website. No frills and to the point. You should link your headings though - people automatically try to click on an underlined word as a link.

Other good genuine sites which can make you some cash from referrals include Treasure Trooper (cashback - mostly US but now catering for the UK), ipoints (surveys and cashback), YouGov (surveys), Test and Vote (surveys), and Email-pays-U (sandwich eating. Ok, I lie. Getting paid to read emails).

There are more. Try these sites to get some honest opinions:

https://www.surveycritic.com
    https://www.surveystar.blogsource.com

They're both in the US, but they have good lists of sites available to UK residents.

Good luck.

WH.
  • William_H
    Options
    Wiggynut wrote: »
    ipsos-mori.gif

I've just joined this one - has anyone else had experience of this one?

http://www.iap-interactive.com/FirstPage.aspx?param=3

This is the link to join - select English from the pull down menu on the left. They are called Ipsos Interactive Panels. Pretty good. I got about 4 or 5 surveys a month. And so did everyone in my house who I put on the registration. They're pretty well know as a market research group. Surveys can be boring. Ha ha - isn't an "interesting survey" somewhat of an oxymoron? Although I liked the tv ad ones I must admit. Until I realized I was losing my mind.
  • melancholly
    melancholly Posts: 7,457 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    it's not money directly, but i was amazed to get a TNS survey yesterday for 1500 nectar points. that's £7.50 in the shop! best one i've had in a while and only took 30/40 mins!
    :happyhear
  • William_H
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback on my site William, I wasn't planning to spend too much time designing it until there was sufficient interest.

Tough old business to get anyone interested. Everyone and their dog are trying it. My blog actually got to the top of Google if you typed in "MyTNS Lightspeed YouGov". I was like a proud Daddy. Now I've deleted it because I realized what a sad old git I was becoming.

However, I wish you luck. I completely support legit sites. There are too many thieving scam mongers out there.

W.

ps never ever pay for a survey list. My top tips from when I started are here (as I've mentioned before too many times):

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=4688787:
  • Wiggynut
    Wiggynut Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Originally Posted by louloubelle79 viewpost.gif
    I do YouGov and have £10 and only been doing it a month.

I've been with them for nearly 4 months and I've only got £5.00... how did you get double in such a short time period!???
    What's ya secret? :cool:
    Light bulb moment April 07: [strike]£3,655 [/strike] Oct 07: [strike]£2,220[/strike] now 0 - 3 years of Uni debt to be added at a later date :o:D
    now at Uni as a Mature student -update: now has a First Class BA!
  • droopsnout
    droopsnout Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    Options
    William, thanks for writing with such humour and self-deprecating wit. Shame I found you too late to read your blog.

I've been doing as many surveys as I can fit into a retired person's day for several years now (5/6 - feels like 56!!) and also feel that "sad old git" syndrome driving ever more deeply into my soul.

For interesting these surveys certainly ain't, for the most part. Mind-numbingly tedious is more accurate.

Yet (to write like Martin) I persist. Why? Is the reward of the occasional Amazon voucher or modest cheque sufficient to keep me from nodding off during the fifth survey of an evening just after a satisfying meal and several glasses of red? Well, yes, actually, it does seem so. My "earnings" have bought two laptops for us,and are about to be spent on a new high-end digital camera.

But, see now ... What does THAT imply? Well, it means that I'll be spending even more time on the pooter editing photos ...

Sad, isn't it?
    Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good. - Thomas Sowell, "Is Reality Optional?", 1993
  • William_H
    Options
    Perfect income stream for a retiree I'd say. Did you purchase a mobile phone, start playing Wii games and begin frequenting the cinema every cheap Tuesday just to qualify for more? I stopped myself just short...

I trust you are paying your taxes...:rotfl:Not that I would begrudge you a sou or two...

W
  • sherry24
    sherry24 Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, im al ready a member of pinecone, but for those of you, i've found a live link. just not sure where im allowed to post it.
    :think: Always thinking!

Provident - Paid:cool: Electric - Paid:cool: Gas - £304.00, ST Water - 469.19, FW - £294.11, Studio - £395.04, Capital one - £318.69, LW - £561.19, Very - £340.30 Total = £2682.52
    Lincolnshire coop savings - £10.84
    Park 2014 £20 of £400
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family