Boost Your Tesco Clubcard Points Discussion

Former_MSE_Andrea
Former_MSE_Andrea Posts: 9,614
Combo Breaker First Post I've helped Parliament Rampant Recycler
Forumite
edited 14 June 2010 at 9:42AM in Shop but don't drop

This thread is specifically to discuss ways to boost collecting and using your Tesco Clubcard Points as discussed in the

Loyalty Cards Article

You can also join in a Loyalty Card article discussion plus discussions about boosting your Nectar points , Boots Advantage Card points, and Airmiles.

To discuss or ask a question about the article: click reply
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• waddy80
    waddy80 Posts: 1,157
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Really trying to boost my points, (and save some money!), finally got the OH to consider changing from british gas.

Can anyone tell me any good / bad stories on the energy service through powergen / tesco.

By my calculations I should save £140 a year including the points I will earn. (to be spent on deals of course!)

:beer:
    Money, money, money, must be funny....in a rich mans world.

• MortgageMamma
    MortgageMamma Posts: 6,686
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I have recently got my clubcard on the advice of another mortgage broker on the mortgage boards. I used to be a die hard asda fan but so far I shop for food, clothes and stationary at tesco, books and cosmetics, I fill my car up there, I have swapped to tesco car insurance, tesco pet insurance and I was already with powergen so am colllecting points for that. Its all stacking up. A friend of mine says he's used tesco clubcard points towards his holiday!
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • I use Powergen & (touch wood) have not had too much bother with them.

Sign up to all the Tesco clubs online for extra points coupons - http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/clubcard/clubs/

Also I use Tesco DVD Rental - £13.97 a month for 3 at a time, one of the cheapest I have found.

Look at the Tesco thread on the vouchers board for shopping online.
    2023 wins - Rice Krispies, Avene Micellar Gel, Barbie Toy, £20 Apple Gift Card, KFC 6 piece bargain bucket, Chloe Nomade perfume, Barbie Toy (second one), Sanctuary Spa Sleep Balm, E45 Moisturising Lotion, Trolls Hamper, 12 Tonie Characters, Sure deodorant, Good Home Utensil holder, £5 Costa Gift Card, Neutrogena Micellar Jelly, Soap & Glory Mascara, Persil capsules,  
  • frugalsar
    frugalsar Posts: 609
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Ask family and friends who don't use the extra points coupons they get with their quarterly points can youn have them, if the cashier dosn't notice the different name you can use them with your clubcard, also handy if you've got a few for the same thing as you only have to buy 1 item but get the points for each coupon! (if that makes sense)
    Best Threads -
    greenfingered - oldstyle - grabbit
  • Shop online as there are loads of extra point deals.

Register more than one card. You will still get the mailings with extra points in even if you don't use it.
  • Joscar
    Joscar Posts: 139 Forumite
    I have joined their food, wine and healthy living clubs so get extra point coupons in the mail, hubby thinks joining the baby/toddler club just to get points is crazy. May be he is worried I might get broody :eek:

Can anyone tell me if the baby/toddler club coupons are for non baby products? Or are they just for nappies, baby milk, etc - have no need for those :rotfl:

I buy my breakdown cover and 2 mag subscriptions with points each year .... now saving them to see if we can get enough for a holiday:j
    HOW MUCH CAN YOU SAVE?: OLYMPIC CHALLENGE 2007
    BRONZE 10% SILVER 25% GOLD 50% PLATINUM 75%
    January 7%
    February 13%
    March 20%
    April 27%
    May 32%
    June 39%
    July 45%
    August 54%
    September 62%
    October 68%
  • JAMBO
    JAMBO Posts: 322 Forumite
    Look out for receipts in the trollys & especially around the tesco garages,if the receipt has a barcode at the bottom the points have not been claimed.I got 4 receipts at the w/e for a total of 218 points the best being one with 94 points,i got two of them put on my card this morning at the CS desk.Also you quite often find bonus extra points receipts in the trollys as well.
  • compmad1
    compmad1 Posts: 995
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    JAMBO wrote:
    Look out for receipts in the trollys & especially around the tesco garages,if the receipt has a barcode at the bottom the points have not been claimed.I got 4 receipts at the w/e for a total of 218 points the best being one with 94 points,i got two of them put on my card this morning at the CS desk.Also you quite often find bonus extra points receipts in the trollys as well.

I did not know this. I have got several Tesco receipts for electical items. Do I have to take these receipts to customer services to get the points put on?
  • gabs41
    gabs41 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Can anyone tell me if the baby/toddler club coupons are for non baby products? Or are they just for nappies, baby milk, etc - have no need for those :rotfl:

I dont have a baby but get the magazine and get occaisionally useful coupons, like 100 points for developing a film
  • wilf55
    wilf55 Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    generally for baby products you tend to be lucky if you get the odd one that isnt

might get the odd one for the expectant mum say for baby oil or something
    else that a mum could use but not generally usually nappies bottles baby wipes etc
    Save 12k in 2015 member 187. £62.50/6000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport