secret Cinema HELP!

Hello lovely People! I want to get my lovely boyfriend 2 tickets to this years secret cinema for his birthday (next month) but they are so expensive! Does anyone know where it actually is this year? And are there any discount codes around? I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks so much 😊 Tanya x
http://www.secretcinema.org/

Comments

• asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    ally.
  • tanyalbeck
    tanyalbeck Posts: 70 Forumite
    Thank you! I've spent a few days looking into it in a lot of detail and I'm sure about going ahead and buying the tickets. I just need any discount possible 😊
  • alibongo42
    alibongo42 Posts: 295 Forumite
    Been to several of these, and love them. The only discount you're going to find is someone trying to get rid of their tickets and selling them at a loss. Look for the Facebook page.
  • tanyalbeck
    The other half is on my fb page- will he be able to see? He doesn't even know it exists so I want to keep it as a big surprise ��
    Have you been to this one and where exactly is it? Tanya x
  • alibongo42
    Don't think you'd need to join the FB page (which he would be able to see) to see what's for sale and send messages to people. I might be wrong though.

Haven't been to this one yet and they are always in a different location. For obvious reasons, they don't disclose the location, and don't like attendees telling others. However the general vicinity is well documented on the FB page. I will assume you already know it is in the London area?
  • tanyalbeck
    Yes- I'm going to get m a London day travelcard to go with it (travelling up from East Sussex) 😊
  • alibongo42
    Good luck with the tickets :)
  • tanyalbeck
    Thanks.... Sadly it's the Star Wars one I'm after!!
  • Make-it-3
    Make-it-3 Posts: 1,661 Forumite
    I don't think you'll find voucher codes or discount tickets. Secret Cinema bills itself as an exclusive/premium event.

There have been complaints about the price of tickets (the organisers' always say the staging is very costly for them) as they have increased in price dramatically as the events have got bigger and bigger.

I would say its a good treat for a special occasion, especially if you are a big fan of the film in question. (At least you know what it is, in the early days it was all about keeping the film title secret too!!!).

You need to factor in drinks/food inside as well, and the vendors aren't cheap either.
    We Made-it-3 on 28/01/11 with birth of our gorgeous DD.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure