Need not Want.

Comments

• kittiej
    kittiej Posts: 2,564
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Ooo-oo-oo FireWyrm I want, I want.

Thanks for this little gem, I'll put it on my bd list for Jan or maybe wedding anniversary pressy which is Feb.

Still thinking positive thoughts for you and you've given me this gift- ty :T

Please universe give FW a break in 2013 :)
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • FireWyrm
    FireWyrm Posts: 6,557
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    kittiej wrote: »
    Ooo-oo-oo FireWyrm I want, I want.

:o

Oh dear! I seem to have missed the purpose of this thread....oops.:D

Now, does this book come under need or want I wonder?
    Debt Free! Long road, but we did it
    Meet my best friend : YNAB (you need a budget)
    My other best friend is a filofax.
    Do or do not, there is no try....Yoda.

[/COLOR]
  • kittiej
    kittiej Posts: 2,564
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    OK, I need, I need one lol
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • FireWyrm wrote: »
    A general rule of thumb is 2.5 times the width and 0.5 times the height of the window.

Err.. are you absolutely sure the curtains should be half the height of the windows? Seems a little gappy :)
    “D’you know what a loser is?
    A real loser is someone who’s so afraid of not winning, they don’t even try.”

Grandpa Hoover
    Little Miss Sunshine
  • FireWyrm
    Forumite
    ITYIYBMAB wrote: »
    Err.. are you absolutely sure the curtains should be half the height of the windows? Seems a little gappy :)

Typo. I meant 1.5...although it depends on your preference for drop and how far above the windows you have the pole.

[/COLOR]
  • Hi everyone,

I need to live by this rule for 2013!!!

I have 3 children age 6, 3 and 4 month and they had so many toys for Christmas and they already have loads to. They just ended up with so much that they didn't know what to play with and I don't think they appriated it. So I've already decided that next year will be different, I've got a lot of debt to get rid of and I don't want spoilt kids!!
  • julie2710
    julie2710 Posts: 1,381 Forumite
    Feeling the same. I think for a while now I've had things I wanted not necessarily what I need. Was fine when there was two incomes and no children but now with one income and two children it doesn't work.

Problem with me is when I'm feeling fed up I buy stuff so from now on I'm going to come on here instead!
    MBNA [STRIKE]£2,029[/STRIKE] £1,145 Virgin [STRIKE]£8,712[/STRIKE] £7,957 Sainsbury [STRIKE]£6,870[/STRIKE] £5,575 M&S [STRIKE]£10,016[/STRIKE] £9,690 Barclaycard [STRIKE]£11,951[/STRIKE] £11,628 CTC [STRIKE]£7,629[/STRIKE] £6,789 Mortgage £[STRIKE]182,828[/STRIKE] £171,670
    LBM Dec12 excl mort 47,207/42,784 Dec13
    Excl mortg and CTC 39,578/35,995 Dec13
    Incl mortg 230,035/214,454 Dec13

Extra payment a week:this week £0 / YTD£1,457.55
  • julie2710
    julie2710 Posts: 1,381 Forumite
    I have just realised I need to go the supermarket today and this is always a bit dangerous for me so I am going to put here what I need!

Milk 2 pints
    Bread 1 loaf
    Chicken wings (for the dog)
    Some form of potato shapes/chips
    Coffee
    Hot chocolate
    Some form of chicken nuggets (for the boys)

Ok that's is all I need! I will have the boys with me which should help limit the time spent in there and therefore the risk factor!
    I'll see how I get on!
    MBNA [STRIKE]£2,029[/STRIKE] £1,145 Virgin [STRIKE]£8,712[/STRIKE] £7,957 Sainsbury [STRIKE]£6,870[/STRIKE] £5,575 M&S [STRIKE]£10,016[/STRIKE] £9,690 Barclaycard [STRIKE]£11,951[/STRIKE] £11,628 CTC [STRIKE]£7,629[/STRIKE] £6,789 Mortgage £[STRIKE]182,828[/STRIKE] £171,670
    LBM Dec12 excl mort 47,207/42,784 Dec13
    Excl mortg and CTC 39,578/35,995 Dec13
    Incl mortg 230,035/214,454 Dec13

Extra payment a week:this week £0 / YTD£1,457.55
  • 365days
    365days Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    julie2710 wrote: »
    I have just realised I need to go the supermarket today and this is always a bit dangerous for me so I am going to put here what I need!

Milk 2 pints
    Bread 1 loaf
    Coffee
    Hot chocolate

Ok that's is all I need! I will have the boys with me which should help limit the time spent in there and therefore the risk factor!
    I'll see how I get on!

This is exactly what i did yesterday. I know it probably seems obvious but to me it was a bit of a revelation but i wrote a list and only actually needed 7 items. Shop came to just over £10 which is unheard of when I go to the supermarket. Only item I added was fabric conditioner which was on special offer and knew I would NEED it at some point.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • FireWyrm
    Forumite
    edited 30 December 2012 at 12:17PM
    julie2710 wrote: »

Milk 2 pints
    Bread 1 loaf
    Coffee
    Hot chocolate

I'll see how I get on!

How about this :

1) Milk 4 pints...then you don't have to go again for a week or more
    2) chicken wings for the dog...something cheaper like offcuts from the butcher?
    3) potatoe wedges...just some potatoes, a bulb of garlic and some Rosemary...cut, drizzle with oil, put crushed garlic and shredded Rosemary...bake 45 minutes on foil covered sheet. Much better for you.

4) coffee...try dropping a brand, or only buy on offer?
    5) hot chocolate...need or want...be honest?
    6) chicken nuggets...buy a chicken breast, cut, roll in flour, egg and breadcrumbs (from the bread) and shallow fry in olive or veg oil. For added fun, cut a little slit and stuff each piece with a spoonful of garlic/Rosemary butter before coating with breadcrumbs.

[/COLOR]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills