No buying unnecessary toiletries February 2014

Comments

• VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    sjprmc01 wrote: »
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY VALM:bdaycake:

Unfortunately the bridesmaid gift idea is a no-no as I'm only going to have my girls, lol!

Thank you for the birthday wishes. Never mind re: bridesmaids but you could still give some of those bottles to teachers as gifts at Christmas. x
    :bdaycake::bdaycake: HAPPY BIRTHDAY VAL :bdaycake::bdaycake:

I know of five people with birthdays today, but you are the only 'Val' . :D

Enjoy all your Ins!

Thank you. I know of another person who shares my birthday. She is not called "Val" either. Have you spotted the connection? Yes, I was called Valerie as I was born on Valentines Day. x
    maddiemay wrote: »
    VALM - Have a great birthday and enjoy your lovely pressies:D

I too, have received the advance notification on the Elemis, but don't need anything at all in this set, so am going to be good (I hope).

PIXTOTTS and ROSEMARY - I live not too far from Worcester and have been thinking of your friends and family while watching the local news, I hope that everyone is able to stay safe and dry, extended to include everyone wherever they live obviously:D:D

I should have a couple of UU's soon and have resisted all freebies

I don't NEED anything from the Elemis kit either but doesn't stop me WANTING it. Feel like the old QVC addiction is coming back. Oh dear.

I second maddiemay's well wishes to those in flooded areas. The wind was really bad again about mid afternoon here so glad I don't have to go out tonight.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • A couple of unexpected OUTs today...nice Valentine's present. Tee hee.

39 - Sure compressed deo spray - I already have another in the stash...nearly at the end of this pile though.
    40 - L'Occitane sensitive scalf conditioner - gorgeous, as all L'occitane hair things are. The mister likes this too. WBA if it was on offer.

Right, off to put a dress on for Valentine's. We usually stay in in our PJs and have take out, but this year we're going to a supper club. I did get a pressie for the mister though, a pie selection box! Lol.
    Cookie, I think you're tame. :heart2:

No buying unnecessary toiletries in 2014 challenge
    2013 Out: 307; In: 38 2014 Out: 100; In; 8

themagpiesdaughter.co.uk
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    luvlycake wrote: »

Right, off to put a dress on for Valentine's. We usually stay in in our PJs and have take out, but this year we're going to a supper club. I did get a pressie for the mister though, a pie selection box! Lol.

Lovely gift. Where did you get that from?

Have been over to look at shoppingtelly.com and the forumites there are reporting that the Elemis TSV is going to be £62.00 plus p&p. Eeep I think I'll be giving it a miss !!
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • Parisian
    Parisian Posts: 409 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Happy birthday VALM! Have a beautiful day :) :rotfl: :T

What gorgeous presents!

Xxx
  • VALM wrote: »
    Lovely gift. Where did you get that from?

I went to a pie shop in the northern quarter and bought 6 pies. :rotfl:

Who says romance is dead eh? :D
    Cookie, I think you're tame. :heart2:

No buying unnecessary toiletries in 2014 challenge
    2013 Out: 307; In: 38 2014 Out: 100; In; 8

themagpiesdaughter.co.uk
  • happy birthday VALM, hope you had a lovely day

another in here
    postie bought me too faced better than false lashes, i won it in a draw before christmas, it looks a bit faffy as its a 3 step system but ill give it a go.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • poppy_f1
    poppy_f1 Posts: 2,637 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    1 in - was given a nails inc varnish that a work colleague didnt like
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    BF collected the l'occtaine hand creams :) for me. I know other people have said but they are small tubes, but still good for a freebie :D Not sure what to do with the pouch, seems a shame to throw it out but it'll end up being something else that I've kept and will clutter up my house :o

I saw on f/b that there's a handcream amnesty, I think with Crabtree & Evelyn. I wonder if I could use up one of the small l'occtaine tubes and swap, or is that just a bit cheeky ;)
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • Clutterfree
    Clutterfree Posts: 3,678 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    :bdaycake:

Happy birthday Val!
    :heart: Ageing is a privilege not everyone gets.
  • Sundaysgirl
    Sundaysgirl Posts: 1,096 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Happy birthday VALM - hope you're having a wonderful day. Some lovely gifts there, enjoy using :)

Hope everyone's enjoying their v-day celebrations, (luvlycake - fab pressie for your man :D) I'm missing out this year so have been to gym and now planning a chilled eve with my furbabies :rotfl: OH did surprise me with a HUGE bouquet at work too, bless him :blushing:

No toiletries-related news to report - sorry!
    MFW 2017 #123 2018: £1,852.64/£39,200 (4.7%)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure