Cheap Smell-alikes - Cheaper alternatives to Expensive Perfumes

Comments

• Had a look for you on PP for you and I couldn't find it. Guess they can't do everything! They discontinued Cabotine, which was lovely.

I really wish that they would do Mystere de Rochas, such a lovely fragrance which has been discontinued and I have used up my last bottle! :(
  • *max*
    *max* Posts: 3,208 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Does anyone know of something similar to Hypnotic Poison? Or anything classed as "oriental vanilla" (rather than sweet vanilla)? I'm addicted to vanilla scents, but don't like sweet/floral...

I did try the PP version of HP, but even though I was initially happy with it, I now think it doesn't quite cut it. I would be grateful to hear suggestions!
  • Had a look for you on PP for you and I couldn't find it. Guess they can't do everything! They discontinued Cabotine, which was lovely.

I really wish that they would do Mystere de Rochas, such a lovely fragrance which has been discontinued and I have used up my last bottle! :(

Thanks for your help, think I've wore Google and ebay out today looking for it, just cannot justify paying for the genuine bottle at the moment.

There's so many other nice fragrances on PP so I'll get them and try the Flowerbomb that everyone is raving about.
    2011 Sealed Pot Challenge #1238 hoping for £250 ~ saved £743.32
    2012 Sealed Pot Challenge #1238 hoping for £250 ~ saved £435.75
    2013 Sealed Pot Challenge #1238 hoping for £300 ~ saved £521
    2014 Sealed Pot Challenge #1238 hoping for £400 ~ saved
  • sofababe
    sofababe Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    *max* wrote: »
    Does anyone know of something similar to Hypnotic Poison? Or anything classed as "oriental vanilla" (rather than sweet vanilla)? I'm addicted to vanilla scents, but don't like sweet/floral...

I did try the PP version of HP, but even though I was initially happy with it, I now think it doesn't quite cut it. I would be grateful to hear suggestions!

I haven't tried the PP version but you should try Emporio Armani, its a lovely vanilla, a "cold" vanilla I call it, as opposed to a sticky warm sweetie type. Or Hypnose, another cool vanilla scent.
  • A question for those who have "Warmth" aka "Flowerbomb".

Even though all the other oils I ordered are almost spot on, the "Warmth" I received smells nothing like "Flowerbomb" yet I know all reviews about it have been favorable! Could I have gotten a bad batch? Should I reorder another one, or does anyone else have similar experiences?

My "Black XS" for example is IDENTICAL! It just seemed strange after all the positive reviews :/
  • ali-t
    ali-t Posts: 3,815 Forumite
    C.A_2011 wrote: »
    A question for those who have "Warmth" aka "Flowerbomb".

Even though all the other oils I ordered are almost spot on, the "Warmth" I received smells nothing like "Flowerbomb" yet I know all reviews about it have been favorable! Could I have gotten a bad batch? Should I reorder another one, or does anyone else have similar experiences?

My "Black XS" for example is IDENTICAL! It just seemed strange after all the positive reviews :/

Could it just be the way the oil has reacted on your skin?
    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got!
  • Does anyone of one that smells like Gucci Envy (Womens) NOT Envy Me, it's getting harder and harder to find the original one since Gucci have discontinued it! :(
    :j
  • ali-t wrote: »
    Could it just be the way the oil has reacted on your skin?

That's what I'm trying to figure out! Although in all honesty it doesnt smell the same as flowerbomb in the bottle either! I think it was either mislabled or I got a bad one, as it literally is NOTHING like it :/
  • xoxo_2
    xoxo_2 Posts: 889 Forumite
    C.A_2011 wrote: »
    That's what I'm trying to figure out! Although in all honesty it doesnt smell the same as flowerbomb in the bottle either! I think it was either mislabled or I got a bad one, as it literally is NOTHING like it :/

I have the original, the oil and the spray from PP.

Today to test for you I put original on one wrist, oil on the other and spray on my chest and asked my sister to smell. She could barely tell between them and nor could I, so I would think you have a dodgy one.

Email them and i'm sure they'll offer you a replacement or something. They did when I had a problem with the Tresor smell-a-like :)
    :j
  • xoxo wrote: »
    Email them and i'm sure they'll offer you a replacement or something. They did when I had a problem with the Tresor smell-a-like :)

Thanks for investigating for me!

I emailed Amir and he told me to post it back to him and he'll look into it. Is that what he said to you too?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback