OU Students Past, Present and Future

Comments

• Vaila
    Vaila Posts: 6,301 Forumite
    hi, im thinking of doing the db123 course "you and your money" gas anyone else have any experience of this course, im thinking of doing this or runblink begginners german. Also, how do you apply for a pc grant

sorry for all the questions, but i hope someone can reply
  • SuziQ
    SuziQ Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    bbford wrote: »
    hi
    I am an RN also, and looking to undertake the degree, torn between registering with York Uni or OU.
    How much is fees with OU, do you get to meet other people on the course?
    What are the study materials like please?

Hi, someone else has answered you more than I could further down,just wanted to say hi! I have recieved all the stuff re funding help now, but as I am in the middle of renewing my passport and can't find my birth certificate I have had to order a new one, and pray it gets here before the deadline! I 'phoned up on friday and talked things through with a careers advisor at OU-he was really very good, made me really think I am doing the right thing and that I will cope lol! He was as good as his word-promised me extra info, which arrived the next day (saturday.) Just praying I get this now as I am firing on all cylinders!
    Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it!
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    arran_m wrote: »
    hi, im thinking of doing the db123 course "you and your money" gas anyone else have any experience of this course, im thinking of doing this or runblink begginners german. Also, how do you apply for a pc grant

sorry for all the questions, but i hope someone can reply

I did DB123 and I absolutely loved it, it breaks up money in th everyday life, looking at credt cards, banking, budgeting borrowing, - the money side of it is on a personal level (not u personally) but as an individual. Theres 1 text book, and a dvd that you work through, its an average of 8 hours a wee study,

Computer grant, if you get the student grant and your course paid for your automatically entitled to the computer grant, the down fall is - you have to buy it first - send the rceipt in and they refund u, they work on the basis of you use your student grant, get within 2 weeks of the course, then - also they did pay for the 1st year of internet rental, - based on you having a seperate interent - ie I have phone line BT, internet AOL.

xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    SuziQ wrote: »
    Hi, someone else has answered you more than I could further down,just wanted to say hi! I have recieved all the stuff re funding help now, but as I am in the middle of renewing my passport and can't find my birth certificate I have had to order a new one, and pray it gets here before the deadline! I 'phoned up on friday and talked things through with a careers advisor at OU-he was really very good, made me really think I am doing the right thing and that I will cope lol! He was as good as his word-promised me extra info, which arrived the next day (saturday.) Just praying I get this now as I am firing on all cylinders!

Good luck with the course, the OU will really bend over backwards to help you in any way. They take into account that your not a 18yr going into uni, that you may be 20 or 60, and that you have a life, a family, a job.

xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • candyapple_2
    candyapple_2 Posts: 600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Well I hope to soon join you all on this thread. I left university half way through my English degree 10 years ago and I always wanted to complete it. So I'm looking at B39 English Language & Literature. Now if only I can find the information I need for credit transfer from previous university, I think I lost all documents when I moved. :(
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    candyapple wrote: »
    Well I hope to soon join you all on this thread. I left university half way through my English degree 10 years ago and I always wanted to complete it. So I'm looking at B39 English Language & Literature. Now if only I can find the information I need for credit transfer from previous university, I think I lost all documents when I moved. :(

You can contact your previous uni for the information, there's a form on the OU's transfer pages that you can send them. :)
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • newmum1
    newmum1 Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Awaiting results for BA Social Policy and Criminology B57
  • newmum1
    newmum1 Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    mum2one wrote: »
    I did DB123 and I absolutely loved it, it breaks up money in th everyday life, looking at credt cards, banking, budgeting borrowing, - the money side of it is on a personal level (not u personally) but as an individual. Theres 1 text book, and a dvd that you work through, its an average of 8 hours a wee study,

Computer grant, if you get the student grant and your course paid for your automatically entitled to the computer grant, the down fall is - you have to buy it first - send the rceipt in and they refund u, they work on the basis of you use your student grant, get within 2 weeks of the course, then - also they did pay for the 1st year of internet rental, - based on you having a seperate interent - ie I have phone line BT, internet AOL.

xx

Hi there I have done DB123 also I thought it was fantastic and really enjoyed it. It gives a good insight and for me it also improved my maths calculations...:)
  • juno
    juno Posts: 6,553 Forumite
    I was waiting for results for MST121. They said Friday, but released them early.

I got 94 :eek:
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• amiehall
    amiehall Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    juno wrote: »
    I was waiting for results for MST121. They said Friday, but released them early.

I got 94 :eek:

Well done!! :D

I'm starting that one in October, I can only hope to do so well :D
    Sealed Pot Challenge #239
    Virtual Sealed Pot #131
    Save 12k in 2014 #98 £3690/£6000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income