Morrisons starting home delivery?

sarah1972
sarah1972 Posts: 18,858
Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
Senior Ambassador
edited 13 September 2010 at 12:58PM in Food shopping & groceries
Hi All

Just had my shopping delivered by Asda and the delivery driver told me that Morrisons are going to start online shopping/home delivery to compete with Tesco, Sainsburys and Asda.

Anyone know any more details?

According to this they are going to trial it http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11240643
I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I don't know, but about two years ago, there was a woman doing a little survey in my Local Morrisons. She was a Morrisons employee, and most of the questions were about online shopping.

Examples;

Have I ever shopped online with tesco, Asda etc.
    If Morrisons had a similar site would I use it instead of shopping in store

So I guess they were thinking about doing it then. I would think it would take them at least a couple of years to get it up and running, so it might just be true.
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Oh dear, according to Zoe Wood of the Guardian, they already do home deliveries. Not only that, they are a "home delivery giant"!
    A child of the millennium, Ocado set out to challenge home-delivery giants Tesco, Sainsbury's, Asda and Morrisons.

About 8 paragraphs down

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/feb/21/ocado-flotation
  • sarah1972
    Senior Ambassador
    Oh dear, according to Zoe Wood of the Guardian, they already do home deliveries. Not only that, they are a "home delivery giant"!

About 8 paragraphs down

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/feb/21/ocado-flotation

Your link is Ocado which is Waitrose, this is about Morrisons?
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • krisskross
    krisskross Posts: 7,677 Forumite
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    Your link is Ocado which is Waitrose, this is about Morrisons?

It mentions Morrisons as a supermarket home delivery giant.
  • sarah1972
    Senior Ambassador
    krisskross wrote: »
    It mentions Morrisons as a supermarket home delivery giant.

weird when they dont do home delivery yet !
  • Had this message from Morrisons this aft:

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately I am unaware of any plans to introduce online shopping or a home delivery service although as I feel this would be a great service to our customers I will certainly pass your request onto the relevant team for consideration in the future.

Yours faithfully

--
    Kate Barker
    Customer Services Department
    Wm Morrison Supermarkets Plc
    HTH : )
  • JenniO
    JenniO Posts: 547 Forumite
    I hope this will be interesting news to those who have been wondering 'if'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11240643
  • yesssssssssssssss!! I am so happy! I love morrisons but with working such long hours i often do an on-line shop. - even though i love supermarket shopping! and have always been upset that morrisons dont do it.
    With love, POSR <3
  • Vaila
    Vaila Posts: 6,301 Forumite
    its a great idea, theres a morrissons about half an hour walk for me but it will mean i can price check online to an extent
  • When are they due to start?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport