Options

Comments

• Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Go you!!
    Good luck for Tuesday.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • sistafromanothermista
    Options
    cheerleader1-smiley.gif well done on the LBM :):) Sometimes it takes someone else going through it to realise.
    bottle-smiley.gif <
    saw this and thought of you :rotfl:
    DEBT FREE AND PROUD:D
    'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt'
  • MoneyMission
    Options
    :j Biggest, fattest internet cheer from me. I know I don't know you from Adam but I wanted to let you know that I am 100% behind you all the way.

Good luck for Tuesday. It will pass, you will come out the other side and you will treat yourself to posh coffee afterwards.:coffee:
    MFW Challenge 2019 - £2,420 / £2,420 - 100% :T
  • Coco114
    Coco114 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 22 June 2012 at 4:36PM
    Options
    Sista I love your smileys !!!!
    Thank you all again :)

So, eldests last day is done - feels a bit weird TBH. I thought he would be bouncing off the walls but, he seems relatively chilled out about the whole thing bless him. I suspect he will have a ceremonial burning of all his papers .............

Money is now in so onward with another penny pinching month. A quiet weekend planned because - surprise, surprise the boys are with me :D. We are having a celebratory curry tonight and I have a bottle of fizzy white stashed to celebrate the last A level done - though if either of my kids ask, its champaigne ok ??!! :rotfl:It has come to my attention that all our treats revolve around food and alcohol lol !!

Spent my lunch (yes I actually took one today) researching on CAB/Debtline/Legal web sites etc. I know full well, there is no way in hell my ex will sign anything to agree to a set amount of money - the only thing he knows he cant get away with will be the money for the kids. But, I will see what CAB have to say next week - and, if he still wont come to his senses re mortgage etc then, frankly, I will wash my hands of the whole mess - he can sort it out himself because I am done with it :T

I am definately feeling a lot more positive today - once I get the unfinished business finished - maybe I can finally get on with some proper debt busting - thats what I am here for after all :)

We are planning on watching a scarey DVD tonight - I am really looking forward to it.... thats if I can stay awake long enough.

Catch you later.

Coco x

PS ..... I was looking for a tissue in the glove compartment earlier - and I found £20 :j Finders Keepers I reckon !!
    The final chapter - £4893 to go out of £30K
  • Mr_Toad
    Mr_Toad Posts: 2,462 Forumite
    Options
    Coco114 wrote: »
    Sista I love your smileys !!!!
    Thank you all again :)

So, eldests last day is done - feels a bit weird TBH. I thought he would be bouncing off the walls but, he seems relatively chilled out about the whole thing bless him. I suspect he will have a ceremonial burning of all his papers .............

Money is now in so onward with another penny pinching month. A quiet weekend planned because - surprise, surprise the boys are with me :D. We are having a celebratory curry tonight and I have a bottle of fizzy white stashed to celebrate the last A level done - though if either of my kids ask, its champaigne ok ??!! :rotfl:It has come to my attention that all our treats revolve around food and alcohol lol !!

Spent my lunch (yes I actually took one today) researching on CAB/Debtline/Legal web sites etc. I know full well, there is no way in hell my ex will sign anything to agree to a set amount of money - the only thing he knows he cant get away with will be the money for the kids. But, I will see what CAB have to say next week - and, if he still wont come to his senses re mortgage etc then, frankly, I will wash my hands of the whole mess - he can sort it out himself because I am done with it :T

I am definately feeling a lot more positive today - once I get the unfinished business finished - maybe I can finally get on with some proper debt busting - thats what I am here for after all :)

We are planning on watching a scarey DVD tonight - I am really looking forward to it.... thats if I can stay awake long enough.

Catch you later.

Coco x

PS ..... I was looking for a tissue in the glove compartment earlier - and I found £20 :j Finders Keepers I reckon !!

That's better.

You sound a lot more positive, quite your old self in fact. :T

It's in his interest, as well as your to sign an agreement. It's legally binding and will give you security. If he won't sign one then you go to court and an agreement will be forced on him.

The only way out of this for him is if you let him off and protect him. As far as the court is concerned you and your children need a roof over your heads.

If you are made homeless through repossession you will be entitled to housing and protection. A judge is going to be really impressed by a man who leaves you in your financial state while signing himself up for a new car!

Be strong.

Enjoy your evening and the weekend. I'm off to the pub later to meet the boys and girls for a few beers followed by a curry. :beer:

Well done regarding the £20 - treasure indeed :j
    One by one the penguins are slowly stealing my sanity.
  • maganan
    maganan Posts: 254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow, what a week you've had!

I know you've got a long road ahead of you but hope you have a sense of calm now the decisions are made, there are a lot of us rooting for you :)

Enjoy your celebratory curry and raise a glass to how far you've travelled :beer: I'm working tonight so here's my toast to you :coffee:

Onwards and upwards

K x
    Final no going back LBM 20/12/10
    Debt Jan 2011 [STRIKE]£28217.65[/STRIKE][STRIKE][/STRIKE] DMP start 01/02/11 -[STRIKE][/STRIKE]
    Debt free[STRIKE][/STRIKE][STRIKE][/STRIKE]26 September 2014 :):beer:
    £2 Savers Club - 2012 no 105 2012 Sealed pot challenge no 1282 DMP mutual support thread No 405
    Proud to HAVE dealt with my debts:j
  • Coco114
    Options
    Well my evening didn't go as planned ..... Crisis at work as I was due to leave so was asked to stay and help - I left at 9pm in the end so got home about 9.30 because there was no traffic !!!
    Bless this kids youngest came out to car as soon as I pulled up to tell me "it's ok mum I have done your jobs" ..... He had put they dirty dishes BESIDE the sink (that's no mean feat !) and put the cushions straight ..... Eldest had - wait for it - fed the cats without being reminded !!!! I know , it's a proud moment I can tell you :rotfl:

So we had curry at 10pm - DVD has been saved for tonight :) as has "ahem" Champaigne ...... (shh) :)
    I did however manage to throw 3 glasses of wine down my neck & not go to bed till after 1.00 , oh well !

I am very devious - youngest is desperate to see a film at cinema , I could stretch to it but it's not my cup of tea anyway. So I said "wow dad would love that film , why don't you ask him to take you on Saturday , tell him you need a treat ...." - anything that stops the miserable sod sitting on my sofa all day :D though I didn't add that bit !!! If he says he can't afford it I will swing for him I swear!

Need to get some groceries later - it's one of those weeks where special offers are what I use so I will be stocking up :) my normal cat food is half price so that will be my first stop !
    Also need to do some housework but have scheduled this for tomorrow in case I have to spend this afternoon out & about ;)

Off for a cup of tea now - hope you all have a brilliant day :)

Coco x
  • Aamberle
    Aamberle Posts: 559 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Coco - Very well done on having your LBM earlier in the week - it always was going to be something that made it switch on :D
    The boys straightening the cushions - maybe you could hire him out for training, as my DH has never learnt that one :rotfl:

Good Luck today will be thinking of you xx
    2012 The year I started dealing with my debts.
    2017. Lets start this again shall we?

Debt 1 Cleared 2/1/17 £480 Gone forever :j
    Debt 2 100/598
  • Coco114
    Options
    Ah thanks :)
    Good luck with the DH & the cushions :) it is my pet hate when they aren't straight !!!

Do you know something ? Normally on a Saturday I would be sat drinking endless tea waiting for the car to pull up - today I am busy getting on with my own things - am off to my friends for a cup of tea , do some shopping & might pop into town later (though no spending !). If he wants to sit around wining about tough his life is - he can carry on but I won't be listening to it :D

Saturdays are too precious to waste !

Coco x
  • Coco114
    Options
    :eek:
    Ok scratch no spending apart from groceries ..... My only pair of slouch jeans no longer fit ..... It has become imperative I buy a pair of jeans
    The alternative ? I go about my life dressed to go out partying .... Or in my pjs .... I don't think my little town could cope with it :)

I apologise to all you MSE people , it has to be done & my budget is £20 ........

X
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport